Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

VZW Upgrade policy

dalily21

Jun 13, 2007, 12:00 AM
I am very happy that Verizon changed their upgrade policy, or at least allowed customers to upgrade earlier.

If you sign a 2 year agreement you would have to wait 22 months for the standard upgrade or NE2. Now you only have to wait 20 months. 22 months is too long to have a phone to get a good price. I hate people calling in and wanting the upgrade earlier than 22 months on a secondary line (as an outsourcer I can't do anything about that).

I hope Sprint is soon to follow (I want a new phone at a good price ALREADY)!
kapwww

Jun 13, 2007, 9:12 AM
EH? Where did you hear this info. I work for an agent and haven't seen anything come through. Also, the fact that they let you upgrade after 22 months means they're forgiving the last 2 months of the contract you signed. That's pretty nice as far as I'm concerned.
phonemechanic

Jun 13, 2007, 9:30 AM
That's cause it isn't public information to us lowly indirects yet. CS and COR are able to do it with sup approval only at this point. According to my account manager, we should be getting this ability in the near future
kapwww

Jun 13, 2007, 9:38 AM
OK...makes sense. I checked infocenter, the VZW site, etc and found nothing. I emailed my account manager but haven't heard back...
nuckingfuts

Jun 13, 2007, 10:00 AM
Funny, Cingular lets you upgrade after 18 months.....
frankiewawa

Jun 13, 2007, 10:04 AM
Yeah and that policy is changing isn't it?
nuckingfuts

Jun 13, 2007, 12:30 PM
Not that I am aware of, if anytning, high ARPU customers are getting better deals
krickt

Jun 13, 2007, 3:57 PM
USCC does 18 months as well.
TrappedAtWork

Jun 13, 2007, 5:32 PM
Verizon wireless allows upgrade after twelve months on rate plans $59.99 or higher. As an indirect you CAN process it you just get paid less (but they don't go to corp and do it). All you have to do is run the app and call in to OP to get it approved. Its in Infocenter under policies - agent upgrade MP
aavera

Jun 13, 2007, 5:54 PM
This must be an area spesific thing because we can't do it. I just looked in our policies in infocenter and there isn't anything about it.
OHiopremiumSales

Jun 14, 2007, 10:28 AM
We can do that in Ohio. The phone calls take about 2 min and i average about 10 upgrades of this type a month.
d3ity

Jun 14, 2007, 10:41 AM
I usually do one or two early upgrades a day. As long as they're willing to sign up for another 2 years and have had thier current hardware for a year we can do it. Our markets are PA/Philly, NY, and Western PA/Ohio
Noodleman17

Jun 13, 2007, 5:33 PM
Is this starting now? Or does it change for everybody?
I mean, i already have VZW, so does that mean my upgrade eligibility is now 2 months earlier? Or is that only after i get a new phone, it's 20 months from then?
Did that make sense?
TrappedAtWork

Jun 13, 2007, 5:36 PM
For everybody on a rate plan of $59.99 or higher. Has to be on that plan for more than 3 months. No past due, and have not had a new phone for at least 12 months
vzwaa

Jun 14, 2007, 12:58 PM
actually it is rate plans 49.99 and higher for three months or longer

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.