Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

People Looking For A Job !!!

64kwireless

Jun 12, 2007, 6:47 PM
WHAT IS GOING ON WITH OUR YOUTH TODAY !!!!

I HAVE A SHOP IN CALIFORNIA, AND TWICE A DAY PEOPLE ASK ME FOR A JOB DRESSED IN:

CUT OFF SHIRTS
SHORTS
SANDALS
STREET CLOTHES (BAGGY, SHAT LIKE THAT, I MEAN I DRESS LIKE THAT AFTER WORK, BUT DAMN)
WITH THEIR MOMS (STILL DRESSED IN T SHIRT AND JEANS

HOW THE Fu$K AM I GONNA HIRE A SCAG OFF THE STREET W/ OUT A RESUME FOR A JOB THAT MAKES $30K OR MORE A YEAR...

THEY NEED A CLASS FOR ACTUALLY GOING TO A JOB INTERVIEW... MAYBE ITS JUST ME, BUT DO YOU ALL EVER SEE THIS??????????
blizone

Jun 12, 2007, 6:58 PM
Yeah I saw this guy tatted from wrists up to his neck with rings all over his face and asked me for an app...I said come back dressed to impress and I might think about it... 😳 😎

Of course when I went in to my interview a year ago for the company I work for I was about to go fishing with my dad and well I was wearing a Starter shirt with some Jean shorts and flip-flops and well I didnt have time to change so I just went in...The chick interviewing me told me to sell her a pen she pulled out of her desk and she hired me on the spot....now im a trainer for this company... 😳 I guess depending on spunk and drive it depends on the person who is interviewing... 🤣
Iammobile

Jun 12, 2007, 7:11 PM
I see this all the time. I am very understandingtowards someone that happens to be in the mall and sees that I'm hiring, but if we have a scheduled interview you better come prepared. I had a guy show up in loose gym shorts, tank top and flip flops and I refused to interview him. I told him I would reschedule for the next day, but he needed to be dressed professionally. He never showed the next day. I agree these kids should be taught how to interview.
attwork

Jun 12, 2007, 7:19 PM
i know i would never "underdress" like that to an interview, but to refuse to even interview somone b/c of it is a bit ridiculous I THINK (which means nothing).

i mean its a cell phone store...nothing THAT important...but i do get your point (dont get me wrong).
Noodleman17

Jun 13, 2007, 5:44 PM
I think that it's more the principle of the thing. The purpose of the interview is to 1) find the qualifications, but also 2) to impress the interviewer.
How impressive is it when someone can't take the 15 minutes to pick out some decent clothing?
blizone

Jun 12, 2007, 7:20 PM
Yeah the crazy thing about my interview is that I was in the truck with my father heading out of town when they called me to come in for the interview... 🤣 So I was technically never "scheduled" for an intervew... 🤣
shellis129

Jun 13, 2007, 6:23 PM
What makes you think the guy with the piercings and tats not only could sell you the pen but could sell you the warranty plan on the pen as well?
Grantizzle

Jun 13, 2007, 6:27 PM
doesn't matter. to the average consumer, he looks like a creep and thus are a lot less likely to buy from him.
Grantizzle

Jun 13, 2007, 5:53 PM
i had a girl come in to drop of her resume with short shorts, flip flops, a tank top and A KITTEN ON HER SHOULDER!!!
expectpwnage

Jun 13, 2007, 5:54 PM
don't take a job at a cell phone store as a career. so i can see a younger generation coming in for some after school/summer jobs dressed like that.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.