Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

annoying co-workers

lexi0707

Jun 12, 2007, 3:39 PM
Why do I always get fussed at for my co-worker breaking the rules?
We have a customer who comes in all the time with her car charger broken into pieces.
Everytime she comes in with it broken (without a box or receipt) my co-worker just gives her a new one.
This is against company policy.
She came in today expecting to get a new one and I would not do it for her without a box or receipt (besides it should not be exchanged anyway because it was customer abuse).
She then went off on me saying that I was the only one who would not exchange it for her and that I should care about my customers and do whatever it takes to keep them.
That was when I told her that I value my job more than making one customer happy and gave her the number ...
(continues)
Foamy

Jun 12, 2007, 3:41 PM
I just had a customer come in for her free phone that my coworker promised a free case and car charger.

When I told her no she flipped and said she would just come back when he's here then.

Fine by me. I ain't doing it.
lexi0707

Jun 12, 2007, 3:43 PM
I told her to come back tomorrow if she wanted to see him.I'm not getting in trouble...
64kwireless

Jun 12, 2007, 6:39 PM
Call you Manager or DM immediatly. They will most likley let you Zero it out in the system. but like i said, I own my own agency and i wont let a $3.00 accessory loose me a deal.
64kwireless

Jun 12, 2007, 6:38 PM
it costs your company about $3 for both accessories, take the hit, the commission might pay $200-300 !!!!!
Foamy

Jun 13, 2007, 9:04 AM
My company will take the full retail value out of my paycheck (and we charge waaaay too much for accessories).

And the commission payout would be maybe, $5 or $10.

I'd make $10, but lose $57.
Nikoletta

Jun 12, 2007, 3:59 PM
Constantly... we're not allowed to bill to certain account types and they do it ALL the time then when I won't for the same customer I get chewed out... or others will place an order without speaking to the account holder but if I don't give the information to the person who placed the order (who isn't listed on the account) I have terrible customer service skills and get yelled at and they demand my supervisor.
ajstrong

Jun 12, 2007, 4:51 PM
I'm gonna be more consistent with that myself; just today, a tween came by with his insurance replacement, asking if I could "just call" his mom and get her FULL SOCIAL, and add the phone added onto the account.

I told him no. He looked at me weird for a second, then asked again, and when I told him he could do it from home, he left.

we do that sometimes, b/c as indirect, we're battling the TRUE assertation that we aren't an actual solution center. Even when we have a customer with an obvious problem that would be an easy fix, we're told to sell them something completely different, and hope that the problem works itself out, INSTEAD of sending them to get the phone tested and possibly replaced at the corp. store down the road.
kapwww

Jun 13, 2007, 9:07 AM
Every day

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.