Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Top 10 reasons why I will never work indirect ever again...

betty_bermuda

Jun 9, 2007, 4:16 PM
Right now I work indirect...it bLOWs...
here is why:

10. the employee discount is shameful...
9. we are so limited as to what we can do
8. u always have to explain to the customer wtf it means
7. there are always a ridiculous amount of shady ppl in management
6. u don't get cool shirts or name tags 😢
5. they always want u to go out of your way to hustle ppl (like a crack dealer or something...)
4. the commission is no where NEAR as good as @ corporate
3. ur manager will at one point or another will screw you out of your commission
2. they are ALWAYS under staffed and you end up working slave hours
1. ur store looks bootleg.

I work indirect now... but as soon as the summer is over i will kiss this horrible place...
(continues)
betty_bermuda

Jun 9, 2007, 4:25 PM
oh and the fact that there are so many stipulations on commission...and that fire at will bull ish
ralph_on_me

Jun 9, 2007, 4:27 PM
Sounds like you just work for a crappy indirect. Look into a nationwide agent. They'll treat you better than corporate will.
betty_bermuda

Jun 9, 2007, 4:28 PM
hmmmm...like who?
frankiewawa

Jun 9, 2007, 4:26 PM
Yeah I agree with most of those points. But our store doesn't look bootleg. It says Cingular on the outside and when they talk to customer service, cus service tells them to go to a "cingular" store. Well they want to know why it says Cingular on the outside but we can't help them. Tryin to explain that is like telling a deaf person to listen. Other than that, it's not bad.
betty_bermuda

Jun 9, 2007, 4:29 PM
yeah i know what you mean...ppl come in and are like...but why can't you come help me here??????
DJ Parkay

Jun 9, 2007, 6:07 PM
Yea us corporate folk hate indirects too.
frankiewawa

Jun 9, 2007, 6:08 PM
It's ok we hate you too 🙂
DJ Parkay

Jun 10, 2007, 1:01 PM
Indirect dealers...
1. Hustle customers.
2. Activate or add lines without customers permission.
3. Sell insurance that is not supported by the carrier.
4. Sell unlocked phones from other companies.
5. Make customers angry.
6. Send angry customers to the corporate store to get their problems fixed
7. Promise to waive activation fees, and then tell the customer to call the carrier to have it resolved. In turn the carrier eats the cost hurting profit for the company as a whole.
8. Are like leaches, once they ruin a carrier through deceptive and borderline illegal practices them move to the next one and begin sucking it dry. They can also be compared to ticks, mosquitoes, and other parasites.
9. Wear cheap suits (so do VZW co...
(continues)
bdizzle

Jun 10, 2007, 1:06 PM
I would agree to a point. What you are talking about is some of the agents. I am in management for an inderect, who preaches customer service, professionalism, and honesty. We do everything in our power to keep customers from going to corp. stores, even if it means spending an hour on the phone with customer service to resolve the customers issue. My previous wireless sales positions were in a corp enviroment for a major carrier, so I have seen both sides, and heard the negatives from both
Lapdog

Jun 10, 2007, 1:07 PM
While I'm no big fan of indirects, they do fufill a purpose.

Now places like The Mobile Pollution...they should be closed forever...

But there really are reputible dealers out there. An I work for a corporate store.
DJ Parkay

Jun 10, 2007, 1:27 PM
Funny you should mention The Mobile Problem, that was who I had in mind when I made my s-list.
Lapdog

Jun 10, 2007, 1:29 PM
I would have to say ANYONE that has to deal with them, even their employees, would agree!
frankiewawa

Jun 10, 2007, 1:35 PM
Yeah see... I work for an indirect and more than half that stuff you listed doesn't happen here. If it did I'd be fired. Also our "franchise" has 50 stores or so in CT alone. I'm pretty sure we out number corporate stores in the state but that is besides the point. I have however heard many bad things about TMS, but we are nothing like them.
DJ Parkay

Jun 10, 2007, 1:43 PM
Nope your indirect probably sucks in its own way.
frankiewawa

Jun 10, 2007, 1:48 PM
Whatever you say Jesus. You can do no wrong.
DJ Parkay

Jun 10, 2007, 2:05 PM
Actually my name is Pontious Pilot. I work for the Romans.
betty_bermuda

Jun 10, 2007, 2:52 PM
i would like to point out that our store doesn't do any of that stuff (i should know b/c im like the only one working here) all of my custys love me...I just hate the higher-ups.
DJ Parkay

Jun 10, 2007, 3:56 PM
They probably hate you too! Work for corporate.
aavera

Jun 9, 2007, 6:47 PM
Sounds like you work for a bad indirect! Our comission pays better, we get spiffs, I like not having a stupid shirt (our dress code is business casual) the corporate store IN OUR TOWN (not all of them are like this, I know! 😁 ) wouldn't know what customer service was if it hit them with a 2x4, we have more leway with pricing, and we are a premire where I work so the only thing we really can't deal with is out of area contracts.
3gee

Jun 10, 2007, 2:02 PM
Here here 🙂
I have worked on both sides of the equation, and I must say that working for an indirect has been much better in many ways. I am compensated better, don't have outrageous quotas to meet, and my company puts customer service at priority #1. Don't give up on indirects yet you just need to find the right one. Just as long as it isn't TMS.
betty_bermuda

Jun 10, 2007, 2:56 PM
its not TMS and i wasnt completely disgruntled until a few weeks ago...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.