Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Really I do

Nikoletta

Jun 4, 2007, 2:10 PM
I love customers who interrupt me during the legal text and tell me "Oh I know all that, you don't need to read that."

And I always say, Yes I do, they fire my butt if I don't...

But I just had a guy who argued with me about it and interrupted me so much that a legal text that, had he shut up and just zoned me out (like everybody does even if this information is IMPORTANT... why do you think we read it EVERY SINGLE CALL?) would have taken thirty seconds tops, took ten minutes to get through.
katrina

Jun 4, 2007, 2:14 PM
Yep, I have a schpeal I go though at the end of every activation and it bugs me to death when people don't wait until I'm done to ask questions because I pretty much cover everything they could possibly want to know and if they would wait 30 seconds their question would be answered without interupting me.
ajstrong

Jun 4, 2007, 2:36 PM
but their questions are more important than your information. that's why they're the CUSTOMER. 😈
katrina

Jun 4, 2007, 2:37 PM
But I answer all their questions before they ask them.
ajstrong

Jun 4, 2007, 2:42 PM
no, their questions are those you haven't answered. YET. that's why it's so important to interrupt you.
katrina

Jun 4, 2007, 2:45 PM
Oh,right, because I shuold be able to blink and magically impart all of my cell phone knowlege to the customer so I can answer all questions at once rather than taking a logcal path through everything 😛
ajstrong

Jun 4, 2007, 2:48 PM
yea, pretty much. what're we paid for anyways?
katrina

Jun 4, 2007, 2:50 PM
Playing around on Phonescoop
BigShowJB

Jun 4, 2007, 4:11 PM
you mean that's not part of the training they give you?
katrina

Jun 4, 2007, 4:19 PM
Yeah, you get it in the same training class that they teach you about Xenu and how humans came from space aliens. I'm scheduled for it next week.
BigShowJB

Jun 4, 2007, 4:26 PM
i have to make up that day .. i was out golfing
M15TER P1NK

Jun 4, 2007, 3:45 PM
they just want that loop hole where if they need to break their contract that they can argue that they didnt know that they were entering into another two year agreement over the phone... so they figure if they keep interrupting you enough to derail you and you forget to say it (you know... because you definatly dont say it 300 times a day) then when the record of the convo is brought up they can prove that it wasnt covered.

my girlfriend recently got into a fight with a credit union because she noticed a $9.45 charge coming out of her bank last month and the month before that. so she contacted the number that the bank had for that buisness and it was a credit union... so she called and said that she never agreed to become a member... and...
(continues)
jalanjalaning

Jun 4, 2007, 3:55 PM
nice.
BigShowJB

Jun 4, 2007, 4:15 PM
you can probably make a reasonable assumption that this is not thte first in fraction the telemarketer has made like that and is now fired.....
kind of like the bill collector that told my wife to "get off her fat, lazy a$$ and go get a job so she can ay her bill." DIRECT QUOTE!!!!

they not only fired the phone jockey, but totally forgave her debt.

that was cool to hear on speaker!!!
Nikoletta

Jun 4, 2007, 4:27 PM
With us, they're not even going for a contract... we've just had so many people throw away the stuff in the package (box and all) that we have to tell them, right away that DO NOT toss stuff out until you read the return policy... you have 20 days (no more) to call us for a refund if you're returning (We don't have to have it back, you just have to call us then we give you 60 days to get the hardware back) and that UPS requires a signature. Stuff they need to know.

We have to tell them all of this because people will throw away everything and then get mad that we can't give them a refund without it.
BigShowJB

Jun 4, 2007, 4:31 PM
we'll let them bring back just the phone, but then send them a bill for the full retail price if they can't produce EVERYTHING that came with it in 7 days. but we'll give them a break if they don't have the plastic
Nikoletta

Jun 4, 2007, 4:33 PM
We need the label, we're a call center, we can't process a refund if they don't have the information for us to refund TO... we need that stuff to pull up the order and issue the credit. We can't just take their word "Yeah, I sent back my car charger, my mobile number is 444-666-7777 so give me my credit." Doesn't cut it.
TIERRA226

Jun 4, 2007, 3:54 PM
You read to them? 😲 I don't AT ALL! But I'm not a totally bad rep, I answer questions 🤣
Nikoletta

Jun 4, 2007, 4:28 PM
Well I don't READ them so much and recite from memory... after 20 processes a day for three years you pretty much know this crap by heart.
BigShowJB

Jun 4, 2007, 4:16 PM
at the kiosk, i tell customers to read the agreements themselves before they sign it and I submit the contract. that way they don't have an excuse at all.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.