Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Sorry sir I'm not open yet

chainsaw

Jun 1, 2007, 10:56 AM
What the hell is with people today?!? I get here at 9 to do operational items and we don't open till 10. I've had 2 different older gentleman jost waltz right in to my store and when I tell them I'm not open yet they just start rambling on about their problem they have. Its like...HELLO?!? the open sign isn't on, half our lights are shut off, and it clearly says on my door that I don't open till 10 now beat it!
ralph_on_me

Jun 1, 2007, 10:58 AM
Why is your door unlocked?
chainsaw

Jun 1, 2007, 11:02 AM
because I have to unlock it to get into my store 😛

I should probably lock it once I'm in here but our company has started freaking out about our shopper track counter so everytime I walk by the door it counts me and I get yelled at it is so ridiculous.
M15TER P1NK

Jun 1, 2007, 11:20 AM
better to get robbed raped and murdered than piss off the company i suppose.

my co workers and i love watching the endless paraide of people before open and after close that try to get in... some are relentless... well it didnt open the first five times i tugged it... let me... hmm... i got it... dislocate my shoulder by yanking on it as hard as i possibly can!
ralph_on_me

Jun 1, 2007, 12:14 PM
Ya know, if they DID manage to open the door that's breaking and entering. You could call the cops on them.
ralph_on_me

Jun 1, 2007, 12:13 PM
I walk in the door, and then lock it right behind me. Would that mess with your door counter?
chainsaw

Jun 1, 2007, 12:23 PM
yes because I would eventually end up unlocking it. We take it pretty seriously. At one of our stores the way the sun sets counts shadows as people and the manager gets in trouble!
ralph_on_me

Jun 1, 2007, 12:38 PM
what the crap? Why don't they count the times the door opens and closes instead of counting shadows?
M15TER P1NK

Jun 1, 2007, 12:41 PM
because shoppertrac machines are crap
M15TER P1NK

Jun 1, 2007, 12:24 PM
we have a counter... no one has ever said anything to me about messing with it... and i walk in and out of the store 30 times a day.

i have to unlock my door... mad dash for the alarm that set for like two seconds... disarm it... then lock the door...

oooh... and if anyone follows me in i have a panic code which disarms the alarm and calls the cops... i cant wait to use that one...
kapwww

Jun 2, 2007, 9:06 AM
I get them almost every day after I close. I lock the door as soon as I close too so they don't think that if they get in, I have to help them. I'm all about customer service, but I'm also about going home at the end of a long day. I also have a schedule to keep and bosses to answer to. As the late-comers knock on the door, I'll usually just look at them for a quick moment then go back to closing.

I had a guy refuse to leave once and I called the police when he started kicking my door as hard as he could. They showed up and hauled the guy off. Another time I was doing a full store inventory count by myself and I was still there an hour after the store closed. Some guy came knocking at the door. He insisted that I let him in to b...
(continues)
krickt

Jun 2, 2007, 9:15 AM
Be thankful you don't live/work in a small town. They know where I live and show up on my front porch all the time!
kapwww

Jun 2, 2007, 9:29 AM
I do live in a small town, I just don't tell anyone where I live.
krickt

Jun 2, 2007, 9:35 AM
It's not small enough. Or they're leaving you alone. Everyone knows where everyone lives around here. Heck, I have most of our town officials and police and firemen's cell numbers programed into my phone. You don't call 911 around here, you call the cop you want to show up!
kapwww

Jun 2, 2007, 10:22 AM
Yeah...you're probably a little smaller than here. Around here, we have about 6 small towns around us. I still call 911.
krickt

Jun 2, 2007, 12:24 PM
Well there's small, and theirs microscopic. We are 10 minutes away from the nearest McDonalds in the nearest (still smallish) town. We have around 3000 citizens, and two suburbs! I think we are the smallest town with suburbs in the world.
BigShowJB

Jun 2, 2007, 11:26 AM
(in my cartman voice) in da ghetoooooo.....
shady24

Jun 2, 2007, 9:43 AM
Look on the bright side, at least you're not stationed in a kiosk in the mall, where it happens every morning with no door to slow them down 😕
jalanjalaning

Jun 2, 2007, 10:18 AM
preach it!
Foamy

Jun 2, 2007, 10:20 AM
Don't you have a curtain your wrap around your kiosk?
shady24

Jun 2, 2007, 11:32 AM
unfortunately, no. we like "keep it real" as a co-worker of mine likes to put it. 🙄
Foamy

Jun 2, 2007, 11:46 AM
Have you bitchslapped said co-worker recently?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.