Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

You only pay for what you use

kapwww

Jun 1, 2007, 9:35 AM
Just got berated for a while because of the typical "I killed my phone, but it's YOUR fault and YOU need to give me a new one for FREE" situation. No ins...as usual...because they're too cheap to pay for it. I tell the guy his options of full retail or finding a used phone.

He counters with the usual "My F***ING bill is SO high" line. I have his account up. They have the 700 min family plan but talk about 2000 mins per month.

I tell him I'd be happpy to get him on a price plan that would ultimately save him several hundred dollars per month. He says I'm just trying to rip him off and he's not going to have an extra $40 added to his plan (forgetting that his current bills are at least and extra $400-$500 in OVERAGE plus texting...
(continues)
Bock

Jun 1, 2007, 9:47 AM
Verizon Wireless bills one month ahead.

Try explaining the concept of prorations over the phone sometime, if you haven't had the pleasure.

Our training department sets aside nearly a full week of the initial wireless class just on that concept alone. First hurdle: Making sure the employees understand it. Second: Explaining it to someone else.

Also, want to start an argument with a customer over the phone? Use the very accurate phrase : "We bill one month in advance." That statement is almost invariably followed by "whatchoo mean?", and lots of screaming.
kapwww

Jun 2, 2007, 8:48 AM
When I explain the first bill and explain month-in-advance billing, I usually insert the line "Like most utilities". I've noticed, at least around here, that they accept it alot more just with that little line.

I've also pointed out to a few folks who still gave me crap for it that month in advance billing means if they happen to be late on ONE bill, they will still be charged a late fee, but they usually won't see their service suspended. Of course, after making a statement like that, I always have to point out the importance of paying the bill on time and the fact that if they are late EVERY month, all bets are off. It's very rare that I ever mention that scenario, but I've had to use it on a few people to settle them down.
M15TER P1NK

Jun 1, 2007, 10:54 AM
Why the hell is it that people wont trust us... what would be the point in me lying about this stuff? it would only cause non trust among our company and then ultimatly wed lose our jobs because the company couldnt afford to pay us anymore...

we are trying to help if youre too f***ing ignorant to realize that then you go f*** yourself...

damn i hate people today...
chainsaw

Jun 1, 2007, 12:52 PM
the mobile solution-that is why
paddyoc

Jun 1, 2007, 5:01 PM
chainsaw said:
the Mobile Polution-that is why

Fixed.
chainsaw

Jun 1, 2007, 12:51 PM
wow
jalanjalaning

Jun 1, 2007, 1:03 PM
i had one of them the other day...

they think you're trying to con them and all you are doing is being nice...

i can only lead myself to start thinking that maybe i shouldn't be nice? 😕
M15TER P1NK

Jun 1, 2007, 1:31 PM
that would be the logical train of thought... maybe its what they expect and we arent meeting their expectations because of it.
nuckingfuts

Jun 2, 2007, 4:51 PM
WHen I put my notice in here, my last week will be spent telling customer s the truth, in the ost blunt, non-sugar-coated way possible!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.