Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

yay! i already got yelled at before i even opened

jalanjalaning

May 19, 2007, 9:20 AM
when I arrived at my kiosk this morning there was already a couple waiting... (i got here at 9:40 and the mall opens at 10)

blwabnm- bearded lady with a big nasty mole
me- me

me- *as i approach kiosk, and very cheerily i might add* Good morning!! What brings you by this today?!
blwabnm- *yelling* the guy on thursday said
you would be here at 9!
me- oh, sorry for the confusion, the mall opens at 10 (there is no other store open in the mall, just so you know)... what could i help you out with?
blwabnm- we need to add a line...
me- ok, just give me about 5-10 minutes while i get everything up and running (i.e. turn on computer and log into everything, etc)
blwabnm- you're going to make us wait more?!!?!
me- sorry for the inconv...
(continues)
fozzyface

May 19, 2007, 9:38 AM
how did they get in the mall if it wasn't open yet?
Lapdog

May 19, 2007, 9:39 AM
Probably mall walkers...
krickt

May 19, 2007, 9:44 AM
Yup. Don't they open the mall at like 7 for mall walkers? I never worked in a mall, but I used to drive my college roomate to work and walk her in (she was afraid of the mall walkers in the 80's), as soon as those people see lights in the store, they decsend like vultures. It's kinda funny.
jalanjalaning

May 19, 2007, 9:52 AM
yeah, they stand around the gates and claw at them and ask all the people in kioks who have no gates to protect them why the gap isn't open yet
Foamy

May 19, 2007, 9:55 AM
Mall walkers should be shot in the kneecaps. 👿
fozzyface

May 19, 2007, 11:19 AM
were they wearing windsuits? cause that would have been awesome.
jalanjalaning

May 19, 2007, 9:52 AM
yeah, lapdogs got it, mall opens at 7 for mall walkers, but the doors have to unlocked anyway so that the mall employees can enter
frankiewawa

May 19, 2007, 11:32 AM
Why didn't you do your job! you're suppose to service people an hour before you open! all the time! what were you thinking?!?!?! 😁
chainsaw

May 19, 2007, 11:34 AM
Wow, that really sucks. If I was a girl I probably would have cried.
jalanjalaning

May 19, 2007, 11:45 AM
i hate crying... it makes my eyes all puffy and ugly 😉

hey, i just got yelled at again! i love not reacting to people at all when they yell at me... i just act like they're talking like an normal person... it makes them so mad 😈
chainsaw

May 19, 2007, 11:47 AM
or you do the...."I'm sorry you feel that way"
jalanjalaning

May 19, 2007, 11:50 AM
ooo that's like a lead pipe to the shin!! 😈 😈 😈
nuckingfuts

May 19, 2007, 12:04 PM
I use that all the time..... its fun to watch their face get red!!!

🤣
kapwww

May 19, 2007, 11:55 AM
Going along the lines of a sh*tty day...I just spent an hour getting yelled at by a woman who bought her phones online, declined insurance, then ran over her phone with the her riding mower. She was trying to talk by holding the phone on her shoulder and it slipped. That tells you what kind of person I'm dealing with.

She sits down and says she wants a free phone. It took me about 10 minutes to get any info out of her. She was trying to be all shady and not tell me she had current service, what happened to her current phone, etc. After finally getting info to pull up her account and informing her of her full retail purchase price option, she starts screaming and crying. I had other people waiting and she was making a big scene. S...
(continues)
jalanjalaning

May 19, 2007, 12:02 PM
awesome...

i just had another guy yell at me because his screen on his phone is messed up and they wouldn't fix it at the corp store because the water indicator is red "even though it's never even been near water"... so i told him there was nothing i could do as i don't sell retail value phones and he's not eligible, etc... and he says "well i'm not looking for a by the book answer, i'm looking for someone to step up and go the extra mile, but it seems no one cares about the customer..." and i said "so you want someone to break the rules and GIVE you a phone and potentially get fired for it because you chose not to get insurance?"... of course that lead him to yell at me, but i was just being honest... he stormed away saying how he's goin...
(continues)
kapwww

May 19, 2007, 12:12 PM
When they ask me why they can't have a free one, I remind them that a phone I give away still costs me money...and quite a bit at that. If they give me the rant about "I pay you an arm and a leg and my first born each month for service" I remind them that they are paying for just that...service...the minutes and txt they use. When they complain and moan about bad reception in one small area and within a year, they have perfect service in the same area, they never put 2 and 2 together to realize that the money they paid in each month not only gave them a discount on the phone, but it keeps the network in repair as well as upgraded. People are way too short sighted.
Johanisu19

May 19, 2007, 1:45 PM
we Had a cust yell and compare his phone to a ford! so his rep was like lets play this game! (she was not in the mood and was preg. with twins)

Cust: if i got a ford and it got rained on and stopped working ford would fix it!

Her: This is not like rain on a ford! this is like driving your ford into the des moines river leaving it for a week and then taking to ford and expecting them to fix it for free!

I laughed for like a week so now I play the compare game when they come in yelling
jalanjalaning

May 19, 2007, 1:56 PM
awesome!
Guy Montag

May 19, 2007, 9:38 PM
I think its funny when GSM customers come in and end up complaining about phone pricing. GSM has the advantage of being able to refer customers to the manufactures website for pricing. Since we can use unlocked phones they are welcome to shop where ever they like. Of course they always come back as our prices are almost always on par with the manufacture price without the wait time.
jalanjalaning

May 20, 2007, 4:48 PM
they just came back and bought a phone from me... i wanted to deny them service but then i know they would have called my boss and he's the kinda who doesn't take his employees side ever for any reason at all... but if you weren't satisfied with the service somewhere why would you go back? there are cell places everywhere here!

i hate bosses like that 😢
Guy Montag

May 20, 2007, 4:52 PM
In those cases, you just charge them fees for everything you can. Need your phone book transfered, In store service fee, account activity fee, expertise fee. I'm sure you could come up with more. Printing fee!
jalanjalaning

May 20, 2007, 4:55 PM
they didn't have any money at all 😕

when it was taking a while to get the credit approval she said "we're going through bankruptcy, does that make a difference?" to which i think "of course it matters! that's what bankruptcy is!!" but somehow it came back approved...

they still got my bosses number... if they call and complain i'm going to add all kinds of stuff to their account 😈

p.s. i wouldn't really do that... but i do joke about...
Guy Montag

May 20, 2007, 4:58 PM
Technically your just not waiving said fees for the customer like you do every other time. Its always the cheap asses that want everything for free that are the rudest. 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.