Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

Worst Cell Phone Carrier

MrBottle

May 18, 2007, 9:17 PM
Who do gets your vote for being the worst carrier? I vote for Cellular One. They have spotty coverage at best, $20 per month per line early termination fees, weak features, and no concept of customer service.
Webb

May 18, 2007, 9:37 PM
AT&T Wireless, right before the Cingular merger. Botched LNP. Botched an upgrade to their billing system for GSM that left it crashed for weeks. Management who knew nothing about the industry (particularly after the McCaw Wireless crowd were chased out). A culture of cronyism. Constant, micromanaging, muddled directives from management whose knowledge of network, customer service, or logistics wasn't worth a rat's ass. Being told that the company was losing money because it gave away too many bill credits while the CEO insisted on blowing millions on company jets so he could commute in a style befitting his ego. All culminating in a spectular golden parachute cut and run. A general inability to plan its way out of a wet paper bag...

Amazi...
(continues)
CallMeT

May 18, 2007, 9:45 PM
Wow!
attwork

May 18, 2007, 10:05 PM
Webb said:
AT&T Wireless, right before the Cingular merger. Botched LNP. Botched an upgrade to their billing system for GSM that left it crashed for weeks. Management who knew nothing about the industry (particularly after the McCaw Wireless crowd were chased out). A culture of cronyism. Constant, micromanaging, muddled directives from management whose knowledge of network, customer service, or logistics wasn't worth a rat's ass. Being told that the company was losing money because it gave away too many bill credits while the CEO insisted on blowing millions on company jets so he could commute in a style befitting his ego. All culminating in a spectular golden parachute cut and run. A general inability to plan its way out
(continues)
millroom88

May 19, 2007, 2:31 PM
SPRINT......they suck....no coverage if ur not in a major city....and spotty on the hwy's...ect ,,ect..
CallMeT

May 18, 2007, 9:45 PM
Cricket! That ghetto sh*t SUCKS!
TmoBrett

May 18, 2007, 10:09 PM
haha agreed, I say any non nationwide network isn't even worth having in existance, I'm sick of alltel too and yeah Cricket is lame unless you're on Meth
Webb

May 18, 2007, 10:12 PM
Damn it. Now you have me scripting a commercial for Cricket with the slogan, "It's great if you're on meth!"
krickt

May 19, 2007, 9:10 AM
You're talking about cell one/dobson, I'd bet. I'd agree. The rest of CellOne got sold to Alltel.
knn_dm

May 19, 2007, 9:38 AM
My vote for worst cell phone company goes to Cingular, now the new AT&T. the customer service is horrible and reception is not as good as they say it is. Fewest Dropped Calls my a$$.
fozzyface

May 19, 2007, 9:44 AM
i speak to a lot of customers who have horrible reception or dropped calls while i'm speaking to them!
chainsaw

May 19, 2007, 12:10 PM
Reception is fine everywhere I have needed it I don't believe you!
knn_dm

May 19, 2007, 1:23 PM
It comes down to where your using the phone. My cingular barely picks up most places I go, but my T-Mobile picks everywhere I'm at.
expectpwnage

May 19, 2007, 1:26 PM
end of thread. 🤣
jenlll

May 19, 2007, 2:09 PM
Worst company ever....Sprint. The only reason they have as many customers as they do is because of their low deposit structure. Anyone ghetto or trashy with poor credit go to Sprint. Their phones are garbage and so is their customer service. You pretty much cannot make any account changes without changing your contract. I mean I could go on and on. They just suck.
poweredup

May 19, 2007, 2:20 PM
"i am sorry you feel that way"
jalanjalaning

May 19, 2007, 2:26 PM
🤣 🤣
jenlll

May 19, 2007, 2:33 PM
no need to feel sorry....feel sorry for sprint. they are the pits. followed closely by nextel which used to not be so bad until sprint came along and screwed them up to.
fozzyface

May 19, 2007, 2:48 PM
Everyone hates Sprint so much, but I have not had any problems with them. Neither has my friends or family who has them. I don't know, I've only had them a year, maybe it's going to go downhill.
TmoBrett

May 19, 2007, 3:03 PM
I wouldn't say sprint is the worst but I definitley have my problems with them, my Dad has Sprint and he gets jerked around by them a lot, as we all know these kind of things can be customer error too but he pays around $80 a month for 700 minutes with NO nights or weekends last I talked to him which is just nasty, he asked a store rep about it and they just played dumb and said he must have some old but if he wants to be with sprint for life then he can get a new plan, unfortunatley they also carry sanyo phones which crap out, if you're phones only last 6 months, don't do 2 year contracts! So he needed a new one and they only let him upgrade or get the new plan with a new contract he couldn't just do both which is rediculous. Again that's s...
(continues)
poweredup

May 19, 2007, 3:20 PM
umm by signing the new 2yr he is entitled to change plans as well and have 3 months to change it again if need be without resigning. and sayno has great quality for us here, no returns on them as much all other phones we have. i had a sanyo phone for 2 1/2 yrs so you cant say they are crap, and i used to drive trucks so it wasnt a "pampered" phone either. i am on my 3rd sanyo phone as we speak and its not because of phone problems i still have the other 2 and would be happy to use them if i ever lost or got my phone stolen.
mallbound

May 19, 2007, 4:53 PM
Actually we just recently changed it and now its 180 days between contract signings. I agree about sanyo though. I love their phones, I have the 8100, 8300, and 8400. Right now I am trying out a samsung m610 as I got a great deal on it. my biggest complaint with Sprint is how pushy their outsourced cst care is. English isn't their native language and so they don't understand what they are saying much less what the customer wants which usually translates into big bills that I have to go sort out. In store cst care far exceeds call in cst care. Coverage wise, they beat the locals carriers here, TMO and Alltel. For worst I'd say either cingular or the old cell one.
poweredup

May 19, 2007, 6:15 PM
mallbound said:
my biggest complaint with Sprint is how pushy their outsourced cst care is. English isn't their native language and so they don't understand what they are saying much less what the customer wants which usually translates into big bills that I have to go sort out..

i am in total agreememnt with you there...... outsourced cust service and radio shack 👀
StarryNight

May 21, 2007, 11:09 AM
I know lots of people hate sprint, and that's okay. I happen to love them, but that's cause they're one of three choices I have in this area, and they sign my paycheck.

All that aside, SANYO rocks. I have been through four myself, and I BEAT the SNOT out of my phones. They ALL stood up to me.

Not trying to start a fight, but I'm just curious...why the negative attitude towards sanyo? All companies have crappy phones now and again, but seriously...if you've never had sprint, clearly you've never had a sanyo phone.

And I don't know what the reps were smoking when they helped your dad, but I know the policies like the back of my hand and nothing they told you is correct...
robtheman

May 19, 2007, 2:35 PM
Which carrier do you work for? I think that one is the worst. I mean...how bad can they be if they had to hire you?
nuckingfuts

May 19, 2007, 4:05 PM
............. Soe more than others
japhy

May 21, 2007, 1:40 PM
Every carrier out there has enacted some policy that screws a large block of customers. Every carrier has idiots working for them that mess with things they shouldn't, say things they shouldn't and screw up the reputation of the decent folk trying to do their jobs well. Every carrier has done things to piss off & embitter their employees, and every carrier as made really stupid business decisions that half the company knew were stupid, but were done anyway because the people at the top thought it was a good idea at the time.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.