Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Your Phone has Moisture Damage!

Johanisu19

May 18, 2007, 2:05 PM
I hate when i have to deal with cuts with this!

C: my phone is broken
m: whats wrong with it
c: it does not charge
M: see this dot its red this means Moisture damage
C: what does that mean
M: you have gotten your phone wet at some point in the past
C: thats not possible! how could this happen?

me: thinking (_ Um do i follow you on a day to day basis? how the f**k would i know)

C: well how much to replace
m: used, pre, retail, ebay blah
C: this is bull you guys just make these so they get affected by the humidity?
C: WE don't make them and i get no pay on used, etc

Then they get mad at me because they are 9 days in there agree and they have no insurance, or they have insurance and there a deductible. them call me a smart...
(continues)
tmbold

May 18, 2007, 2:11 PM
but my phone has never been near water!
Johanisu19

May 18, 2007, 2:15 PM
I hate that 👿 what do you mean? Sooooo in the past week that it has been raining... you have not did anything that could have caused this green corrosion in the charging port (LG's)
😕
really?
tmbold

May 18, 2007, 2:17 PM
i always ask people if they sweat
Tarabottamoos

May 18, 2007, 2:16 PM
Do you ever get the customer that calls/comes in and states simply : "Yeah, my phone don't work." With like, no further explanation at all?

Well, elaborate on that sir, did you put it through the spin cycle, is the screen not turning on, not charging, what? Am I a MIND READER or something??
Guy Montag

May 18, 2007, 2:20 PM
Tarabottamoos said:
Do you ever get the customer that calls/comes in and states simply : "Yeah, my phone don't work." With like, no further explanation at all?

Yeah, they were calling me on it. 🙄
Johanisu19

May 18, 2007, 2:30 PM
yeah i hate that to I just stare at them then say 😳 um so what is it doing / not doing

why are you here?

or when you do your welcome what brings you in today and they say my phone! really!!!
Guy Montag

May 18, 2007, 2:31 PM
Johanisu19 said:
they have insurance and there a deductible.

This has recently begun to bother me when I took the time to examine exactly what I spend my money on. I realized I will spend $50 on a nice shirt or jeans, so why wouldn't a customer put out $50 on a phone to replace the one they broke?!?
biscuit

May 18, 2007, 3:25 PM
We either get someone outraged by the deductible, or when they ruin their phone they claim they were never offered any insurance. Our system makes us choose yes or no, so we don't just willy nilly decline insurance for people. The whole thing gets mildly iritating. I mostly get pissed when they start shouting up a storm about the deductible. That is silly.
robtheman

May 18, 2007, 3:51 PM
My system makes me accept or decline insurance as well. There are, however, a LOT of accounts that I've looked up where no option was selected (which means that somebody doesn't have to choose). I believe that there are customers who were never offered insurance.
biscuit

May 18, 2007, 3:53 PM
Ah, I see what you are saying. I guess I am talking about the customers that only come to our store and try to claim that, because then I know they are just trying to get something out of us.
Did I read somewhere that you are leaving us soon?
robtheman

May 18, 2007, 6:11 PM
Probably. I'm getting a new job. I start on Monday. I don't know if I'll have any time to hop on PS or not. If I do have extra time, it will be severely limited.
millroom88

May 18, 2007, 3:17 PM
yes.....iv been doing this for about a year now and it is really that way...but i tell them they f*cked up, and then just look at them and wait for there reply...its the funniest thing to see them get pissed off and want the companies #,,,oh but this is a agent store...call them i dont give a shi*...just take it in stride ..it kinda starts to be fun after awhile...
Johanisu19

May 18, 2007, 3:29 PM
yeah I'm corp so i have to be nice and CR and see if we can let them renew or Buy out of sell a razr for a penny because they are whining like a three year old about $50 dollars
kapwww

May 19, 2007, 12:08 PM
I once told a guy his phone had moisture damage. He said the phone never got wet. I told him corrosion won't just show up. He responded with "are you calling me a liar?" to which I responded "If you're saying this phone hasn't been in contact with anything wet, well, then I guess the answer is yes."

He wanted the name of my manager. When I offered to call the manager for him to explain the situation, he about exploded. He started ranting about going to the nearest service center and stormed out. Being an agent, I can't note accounts, so I called CS and had it done. I made sure that all service centers would see that he brought the phone in with moisture damage. I also sent a message to my manager and owner with the guy's info and ...
(continues)
krickt

May 19, 2007, 1:08 PM
I'm an agent, and I can note accounts! I had a custie last week that got mad because I did!

"You wrote down what I told you in my account! Now Customer Service won't give me what I want!"

lol
nuckingfuts

May 19, 2007, 1:11 PM
I once had a customer brag that he could call custoemr service anf get his upgrade fee waived. I told him it wouldnt happen........ he said I was lying, b/c he always gets what he wants by theatening to cancel, so I tld him I would put a note in his account so CS wouldnt be duped.......... he left pissed.... like I care
krickt

May 19, 2007, 1:18 PM
That was kinda like this situation. I wouldn't do a 30 day return after 6 months had elapsed. He told me he was going to call cs and that they would force me to do it or just do it themselves. So I waited for him to leave and left the memo. It was kinda gratifying.
Johanisu19

May 19, 2007, 1:50 PM
Yeah I have those all the time my favorite is when they ask to put insurance and i say no so they say fine i will call cs and have them do it because they can't see that it has damage! so I say fine

as soon as they leave I put the memo

"Esn 0000000000000 has moisture damage DO NOT ADS INSURE even with test call per company POLICY!"

In the memo and special instructions its so much fun 😛 🤣
poweredup

May 19, 2007, 1:54 PM
we have a 30day policy jsut for that reason, you can add it within the first 30days but after that no. i had a cust tell me that as well, i asked her if she wanted ins and she said no i will add it later if something happens to it. i feel like asking them "ummm can you add insurance to a car if its in the impound yard totaled?"
poweredup

May 19, 2007, 1:49 PM
notes always helps, i had this customer come in telling me that their phone wasnt working and i didnt see any visable water damage, when i went into e-ticket which is what we use to order replacement phone there was a big note flash on the screen saying " this phone was flagged unrepairable by a technition and continuing with the transaction would be audited" when i called the technition at the other store and asked him about this he told me that when you see that, a phone was taken apart and was water damaged. just goes to show you how ppl try to get over on us. but we get that alot, if we cant help them they always tell us well i am going to the other store. we know all of them personally so its only a phone call away to let them know what...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.