Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Do Some Research First (Niki is cranky)

Nikoletta

May 15, 2007, 8:23 PM
If I get one more freaking idiot who doesn't even bother to do any background research before calling us I'm going to rip my hair out in clumps.

"I want to order a Bluetooth for my phone."

You farking morons... "Bluetooth" is just a radio frequency... you phone is possibly already capable of it... or were you looking for a Bluetooh Headset? Or a Dongle? Or some speakers? or a Bluetooth operated sex toy?

And those few r-tards who actually manage to say they are looking for a Bluetooth headset NEVER bother to do any background on that... "Well what's your best one?" You know what, I'm going to start selling the most expensive model any time they ask for "Y'alls best bluetooth" (which happens to be $130) instead of trying to find o...
(continues)
txsolitairesgirl

May 15, 2007, 9:58 PM
i agree....i had one guy call in today and want to order the one phone with the bluetooth thingy...
M15TER P1NK

May 16, 2007, 10:18 AM
I love it when they come in wanting me to put bluetooth into their phone... um... k... i love explaining that one... might as well try to teach biochemestry to my two year old...

c - i want you to put bluetooth in my phone.
m - well i can upgrade you to a bluetooth device or sell you an adaptor that pluggs into your headset jack that will transmit a bluetooth signal.
c - i dont want a new phone and i dont want to buy anything just put bluetooth in my phone.
m - it doesnt work that way... your phone either has a bluetooth chipset or it does not... i cant just put bluetooth into your phone.
c - so you arent going to help me?
m - ive fully explained your options sir... if youd like i can grab my manager for you if you think i am being m...
(continues)
krickt

May 16, 2007, 10:24 AM
When bluetooth first came out, people were in here in droves, telling us to put the bluetooth chip in their phones. It took us years to get people to stop asking us to do it, and we still get the odd duck here and there that thinks it can be done.

It's so much more than just a chip. We get people in here all the time, that think that if they put a BT adapter on their phone, that it will interface with their computer, car, anything but a headset, and that simply is not how those adapters work. If your phone isn't programed to deal with bluetooth, all the adapter will do is allow a bulky headset with no cord to work.

It is a lot like explaining Biochem to 1st graders, it just doesn't go in, does it.
cilvzwagent

May 16, 2007, 10:38 AM
That's when you tell them you can put a chip in their phone, but it's $400.00. Tell them you can sell them a whold new phone for that price. Then you take $200 to cover the retail cost of the low end bluetooth phone you give them, and pocket the rest! 😈
krickt

May 16, 2007, 10:44 AM
I did that with a lady a few months ago. She had to send her slvr in for warranty, and wanted us to put her in a slvr for a loaner. I told her I would be happy to, but that it would cost her a $400 deposit, and that if it had even one scratch on it, she only got $100 of the deposit back, and if it was dead, drowned, the deposit would be forfieted in full. She turned me down but continued to complain until she left.
jalanjalaning

May 16, 2007, 10:35 AM
"but my friend's cousin's co-worker said you did it for him!"
krickt

May 16, 2007, 10:39 AM
I'll go one better than that.
Quote from actual customer.

My best friend's, ex wife's cousin's ex husband did it for his sisters best friend's phone that she got from her cousin's cousin.
jalanjalaning

May 16, 2007, 10:44 AM
😳
krickt

May 16, 2007, 12:15 PM
Everybody is kin to everybody in this county if you use relations like this!

I get stuff like this all the time.
I used to pull out a peice of paper and start drawing geneology maps to try to straighten my brain out. They stop talking at that point.
Webb

May 16, 2007, 10:35 PM
For added effect, draw speculative incestuous cross-links between the branches of the family tree with such notes as:

Cousin = Uncle (?)
Guy Montag

May 17, 2007, 2:07 PM
M15TER P1NK said:
c - so you arent going to help me?

Why is it that every ignorant ass that comes in looking for some ridiculous solution to a problem that they created asks this question? And of course it is always following a variety of options you just gave them, only they are options the "customer" doesn't like. 🙄
jalanjalaning

May 16, 2007, 9:51 AM
yeah, they always want to know which on is "best"... which means... what, exactly? I think that the $120 one if "best" because it boosts my sales... but a lot of people think that the $50 one is "best"... do you want the one with the "best" battery life, the one that looks the "best", or the one that i have the most in stock?

Excuse me mr. carsalesman, I would like to look at your "best" car...
krickt

May 16, 2007, 10:00 AM
lol, I agree. People would never go to a CarDealer with that attitude (they know they would get fleeced) but they offer it up to us, all the time!

I always offer the most expensive item in the store, when they do that to me, then I come back with "or did you want the one that fits best with the way you are going to use it?" That usually gets them to give me more info and they leave happier.
mapleleaf88

May 16, 2007, 11:00 AM
sooo... where can i get one of those bluetooth sex toys? 👀
Nikoletta

May 17, 2007, 1:02 PM
It's a custom order device, e-mail me your credit card number and I'll get back to you. *nod nod nod*
kapwww

May 16, 2007, 3:51 PM
You said "dongle" hehe 🙂
BeckyMobile

May 16, 2007, 4:27 PM
🤭

My favorite is when they are looking at the feature cards and it says "Bluetooth Technology"...

C:"cool this comes with a bluetooth!"

M: "It actually doesn't come with a bluetooth headset its just letting you know that the phone is capable of using blutooth technology"

C:"but it says it right there that it comes with one....thats false advertising!!"

(sigh)
Nikoletta

May 17, 2007, 1:04 PM
We get that a lot...

"I got this phone and on the site it said it comed with a bluetooth."

"Oh, you're looking at the T619? Yes, that one says that it is CAPABLE of using a bluetooth headset but we don't have any phones that come with the headset for free, we haven't ever that I am aware of."

Which leads off to a twenty minute argument about how he saw it online... at www.imgonnatakeitinthewellyougetthepicture.co m

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.