Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Going crazy...

lexi0707

May 15, 2007, 11:12 AM
One of the employees decided to not show up for work on Friday and has not come in since. It must be nice to be able to screw everyone else over and not care. Now everybody else's schedule is screwed up and no one can get a weekend off all summer.
I need a new job....
Guy Montag

May 15, 2007, 12:08 PM
One thing I have always hated about retail is the turn over. Most places are always running short and slow to pick someone new up. Meaning somebody else is always picking up the slack and paying for it in personal time.
lexi0707

May 15, 2007, 12:13 PM
Yep, bc of the turn overrate I now have to drive to a store that is 30 mins away from my house when I was working at one that was only two minutes away.
Wish they would pay me the difference in gas....
foxiangel5

May 15, 2007, 1:19 PM
i havent had a day off in 2 weeks because it just me and another girl that works at my kiosk and she decided to change the schedule! unfortunately the only other copy of the schedule i have is my copy and my boss didnt make a copy of it! so i got f-ed royally! not to mention i have a second job at a bar where i go in ther after this work work til 3 am!! im a supposed to be off today but i am covering at another mall because the girls uncle died and the manager at this mall turns his phone off when he has a day off! good manager huh? i have to work my second job tonight too! i just want one day off this week so i can do my freaking laundry and clean my place!! 😡
nuckingfuts

May 15, 2007, 3:43 PM
Foxi, if you look that great in a bikini, why are you selling phones?
foxiangel5

May 15, 2007, 4:54 PM
thank you! but i gotta pay the bills..my ocntract was up with modeling and the money was only good in the summer when i had more jobs...plus i get health insurance selling phones..while i was modeling, i was a fullitme bartender, which i just recently stopped, becasue of needing health insurance..
nuckingfuts

May 15, 2007, 5:00 PM
I know what you mean, sort of, I was never a model, but I do appreciate the need for medical benefits
foxiangel5

May 15, 2007, 5:01 PM
i dont even like this job...its boring...i love bartending! but i cant do it forever...so i figured with this, i have some way of moving up...
nuckingfuts

May 15, 2007, 5:05 PM
dont move up, trust me, sales reps make more than managers....... at least at th blue sphere they do.
foxiangel5

May 15, 2007, 5:10 PM
yeah i work for an authorized agent for verizon...so no i dont make anything...haha...not much at least..i just like the benefits..i work part time ****tailing tho for the pocket money...
nuckingfuts

May 15, 2007, 5:31 PM
I remember the days of pocket money, now its rent, diapers, car payments and all of the other fun stuff!!
crystal

May 15, 2007, 4:49 PM
i never call in. well, i called in one morning when i was puking everywhere. but i never call in (been here little over a year), my coworker never calls in (there's only two of us working here), so i never have that problem. i have to cover his shift sometimes due to his golf/college schedule, and my boss is very adjusting around my school schedule, so all in all i'm happy. though my boss does sometimes leave randomly. heh.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.