Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Huh?!?!?!

artax80

May 11, 2007, 10:26 AM
First customer came in at 9:03 this morning, and I'm still confused!!

He came in wanting to get a new phone. So, I pulled up his account and saw that he was eligible for upgrade. I told him this, and he wanted to know what that meant, and also if there were any lower plans. He was barely using 150 of his 450 minutes. I told him we don't have anything lower, and upgrading would mean getting a new phone at a discounted rate by signing a new contract. He told me very firmly that he didn't want to sign a new contract. I told him that was fine, he would just be paying full retail cost for a new phone.

His response? Why should he sign a new contract when he could go somewhere else and get more minutes for less money? Umm, first, you ...
(continues)
p_ariel

May 11, 2007, 10:41 AM
i spent about an hour the other day trying to make this customer understand how she was better off upgrading that going to another carrier (I hate having to do save attempts ๐Ÿ˜ก )

and why are people so CHEAP?! ๐Ÿคจ
jalanjalaning

May 11, 2007, 3:50 PM
i always want to start that conversation with "not that i really care or that it affects me in anyway if you leave or stay, but, just so you know..."
p_ariel

May 11, 2007, 11:17 PM
I had a customer the other day she was being a real pain (wow what else is new)
So she starts going off on how she's going to cancel and how were going to lose her business "..just know you won't be dealing with me anymore!"
I was THIS close to telling: GOOD! Glad to hear that.. Lady.. you just made my day.. Thanks! (one down God knows how many to go..) ๐Ÿ˜
oudidntkn0w

May 12, 2007, 12:46 PM
you should have said it just to see her crap her pants. tell her to take the walk of shame out the door
p_ariel

May 12, 2007, 11:04 PM
aww I don't think that would've worked i'm in custie care.. had it been in a store..trust me.. I would have been lol-ing all over the place ๐Ÿคฃ
Nikoletta

May 13, 2007, 12:10 PM
We can't say it in so many words, however I try to make it very clear with my word choice and tone of voice that I don't give a rats hind end if they cancel their service.

"Well, that is, of course, your choice, you'll need to speak with customer care about that if you choose that path and they can discuss your contract and fees to cancel... would you like me to transfer you?"

Good times, I really hope the way I say it conveys how little I actually care.
kapwww

May 11, 2007, 4:36 PM
Walmart made people cheap by trying to convince them that the rest of the world is ripping them off...
p_ariel

May 11, 2007, 11:22 PM
You actually make a very good point. I've lost count of how many times a customer calls in for phone pricing only to hear them say "What a ripoff! I can get it at Walmart for (insert cheap Walmart price and/or "FREE").."
I just smile because looking at their account I know why he's calling in.. not eligible for a standard upgrade so Walmart won't give him that price.. muwahahaha
Exception upgrade..my prices.. take it or leave it ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Tarabottamoos

May 11, 2007, 10:41 AM
I don't think it's a need to be confused, so much as it is just maddening that you can explain it to them SO simply and nicely, and they STILL don't get it. I'm in customer care, and I get those kind of calls once or twice a day. I suppose all you can do is just shrug and give it the "oh, well".
p_ariel

May 11, 2007, 10:47 AM
EXACTLY! I'm in customer care as well.
I do get frustrated some times that I explain something to a customer in 3 different ways and lamens terms and I get some response like: "Quit saying all that mumbo jumbo and tell it to me straight!"
Me: ๐Ÿ˜ณ
I feel like telling them: Sorry Sir/Ma'am that's as lamen as it gets..

I'm so glad they can't see what I'm doing on the other end! I swear I make so many faces and hit my head on the desk sooo many times.. ๐Ÿ™„
Tarabottamoos

May 11, 2007, 10:55 AM
Thank God for the mute button... it keeps them from hearing how hard I'm laughing.
p_ariel

May 11, 2007, 10:57 AM
I don't have the mute button.. ๐Ÿ˜ข
I think some customers have heard me snickering..
If I really can't hold it I have to put them on hold ๐Ÿ™‚
mapleleaf88

May 11, 2007, 11:46 AM
I have a mute button... but didn't use it last night and completely laughed in this guys face. I was laughing SOOO hard and trying to get control of myself and my supervisor was monitering and laughing at him too,... here's what happened:

C: Hello?
Me: Can I speak to Aaron please?
C: Who?
Me: Aaron Lambwertsonsmith (im faking the name.. lol)
C: This isn't his phone, you must have the wrong number.
Me: Oh, well, I'm calling from Nextel, could this be another of the phones on his account? I noticed that he has 3 lines.
C: Oh!!! This is Aaron, I thought you were a telemarketer.

(This is where I laughed in his face, because... I am a telemarketer. FOOLED YOU!)

Me: Oh, well, actually, I was just calling to see if you needed any add...
(continues)
p_ariel

May 11, 2007, 11:11 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
NICE!
I hate it when I have to troubleshoot a customer's phone and the idiots are ON the device with the issue so I have to call them on a landline..It rings and rings.. they don't answer the phone because they don't recognize the number so I call about forty thousand times till they say: Who the hell is this and why you callin' my phone?!
Me: ๐Ÿคจ uh.. This is the orange blob now the big blue sphere sir I told you I was going to call you on your landline..
Custie: Oh..yeah.. wait.. how did you get this number?!
Me: ๐Ÿ˜ณ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.