Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

gotta love the verizon management

ABLINDKID

May 2, 2007, 8:26 PM
i had this poor customer come in today who had a liquid damaged phone, looking at his account he had 8 lines company account, and has been a verizon customer for the past 9 years, so i brought it to my manager, because i know we cant replace liquid damaged phones, so my manager discounted a brand new lgvx5300 down to 0.00 for the customer, and it didnt even affect the customers contract, nor his upgrade date, he discounted a full retail to nothing, so who says being a loyal customer never pays off....and the best part is the customer bought a bunch of accesories, and data packages for just about all the lines, so not only was the customer happy , but i made a bunch of sales from it....
oudidntkn0w

May 2, 2007, 10:54 PM
well i guess in that case, i would probably side with the management. think of all the data $ vz just got out of them, plus all of those acc's. it probably made up for the loss on the phone he had.
fat ass

May 2, 2007, 11:50 PM
do you think tht can really make up for the phone.
Lapdog

May 2, 2007, 10:59 PM
While it sounds that way, I don't think it has anything to do with being a "loyal customer". It was a good business decision on the part of the Verizon Wireless manager. To me, that is the big plus about Verizon. They don't give stuff away left and right, and when there is discounting, it is based on sound business practices...you know, ROI and things like that.

Just good business.
fat ass

May 2, 2007, 11:51 PM
sounds interesting
Guy Montag

May 5, 2007, 8:16 PM
I wish I could do business that way. It sucks having your hands tied but then, if I worked corporate it may make more sense. I'm glad to hear that someone values their customers!
ROLLYPOLLY

May 3, 2007, 11:48 AM
of verizon arent you?
J0hnnyM

May 3, 2007, 2:27 PM
Boom zing bam!
ABLINDKID

May 3, 2007, 9:44 PM
no
averagewhiteboy

May 5, 2007, 11:53 AM
I really don't see how this is a good thing for you in the long run. Now everybody that this guy knows with liquid damage on their phone is going to come in and see you expecting to get a new phone for free. You may have just caused yourself one big headache...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.