Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Anti-Stupid Customer (rant)

monkeyracer

Apr 29, 2007, 9:46 PM
What's up with people calling their upgrade eligibility a "credit on their account" when it's a discount on a new phone with a new contract? Oh and expecting to get this only three months after just getting the upgrade.

Why do customers expect store reps to do any and everything the customer claims the phone reps said to do?

Why do they wait for half an hour before the store opens to pay their bill, but take a week to decide which phone to activate? Nobody waits like that to get a new phone.

Why do they come in two minutes before the store closes with something that takes at least 30 minutes to get resolved?

Why do they stare straight at the sign with the price just to ask us what the price of the phone is?

Why do they think t...
(continues)
Kyrillion

Apr 30, 2007, 8:41 AM
I HATE....

-customers who tell me how long they have been a "loyal" customer, who then tell me that they are going to change carriers.

-people who call in, mumble, and then get mad when I ask them repeat what they just said.

-when secretaries call in for their bosses to "get information". Tell your boss to get his lazy a$$ on the phone and find out his own information

-when someone calls in for a quote when they are still on a contract for three more months, even after I tell them that the plans will be different in three months time

-people who interrupt me in the middle of my call opening

-people who before I finish my call opening just start spouting off their number, which I miss most of the time.

-when I tell a cu...
(continues)
M15TER P1NK

Apr 30, 2007, 10:14 AM
Custie walks in gets two feet in the door...

2405551234!

Thats great... i wasnt expecting to put that in anywhere... im not a robot... i dont stand at my computer poised to take an phone... im not a cell phone ninja...

and of course after i actually have the number in since they never gave me the chance to say "hey hows it going... how can i help you... etc" i now have their account open... and im just staring at them... and they are just staring at me...

im also not a cell phone psychic... SAY SOMETHING!
nuckingfuts

Apr 30, 2007, 10:20 AM

* I'm here for my free upgrade!!

*Motorola promised me that you would replace my phone here for free, and they will send you a replacement at no cost to cover it (she even had the name of the moto rep to verify it) AND THE PHONE HAD MAJOR WATER DAMAGE

*You're coverage sucks! I'm switching to Nextel!!

*And of course, my all time favorite, WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT COSTS $300? I GOT IT FOR FREE!!!
Kyrillion

May 1, 2007, 8:07 AM
My favorite part is when they want a high end phone for free.
There are a few ways they try to con us into doing it.

-My friend told me to call in after he got it for free

-Thats not what it says on this paper

Then the infamous
-If you don't give it to me free I'll change to a different carrier

The best part of all this, is that there is no way in the system I can give it to them for free(not that I want to anyway).

I have come to a conclusion about these people

-the friend that told them it was free is imaginary.
-They hand wrote the paper that says its free
-And they wanted to change carriers in the first place
CallMeT

May 3, 2007, 10:12 AM
Nextel!? hahahaha
YoureThatSprintGirl

Apr 30, 2007, 3:29 PM
When customers do that I just want to say my number back to them in the same tone and stare at them like they're supposed to do something and then see what they say.
PhoneyName

Apr 30, 2007, 4:23 PM
If they look like they can take a joke, I reply with my store phone number. When they look all confused, I say, "Sorry, I thought we were exchanging numbers. How can I help you?" It usually gets a laugh.
mapleleaf88

May 3, 2007, 1:55 PM
-when I tell a customer that I am the sales department and can only add new lines or do upgrades, and they still ask me to fix their account or go over their bill with them

"Then why the heck are ya callin' me then???"
I JUST FREAKING SAID IT!!! TO SEE IF YOU WANT TO ADD A NEW LINE TO YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

I agree, I hate that as well.
monkeyracer

Apr 30, 2007, 11:31 AM
Why do they come in with their bratty ass kids thinking we have something they can play with or otherwise occupy them with?

Why do they pay $30 on their $80 bill with a $100 bill first thing in the morning when I don't have anything in my drawer? (Just pay the $80, I'll make change for that...)

Why do they ask if you have any bluetooths? If you can't say it or understand what it is, you shouldn't use it.

Why do they say they never used the internet/extra min/etc. when you can see the usage right there on your screen?

Why do old people who have no reaction time still have the ability to drive? (Sorry, not a cell phone complaint, but it had to be said.)

Why don't they know their cell phone number, but when asked spout off their ...
(continues)
YoureThatSprintGirl

Apr 30, 2007, 3:49 PM
monkeyracer said:
Why do they give us the "main number" on the account when we ask for the number we are directly dealing with?

I hate that. A cust will come in for an upgrade and give me a phone number. After I spend 5 minutes of my time looking up their account status, and eligibility they tell me that was the 'main number' and they want to upgrade one of the other numbers on the account!!! 😳 Are you serious?!
monkeyracer

Apr 30, 2007, 4:00 PM
it's even worse when you are finished with the upgrade and then they ask why they get their main number voicemail to that phone...
When I ask what number you want to upgrade, I'm going to upgrade the number you tell me! I'm not psychic (yet...) and can't read minds, so you have to tell me what I need to do.
Guy Montag

Apr 30, 2007, 4:06 PM
Then you get to spend the next five days dealing with the BRE form in the attempt to get this reversed because they insist it matters. Yeah, this happened to me once. I now double check before upgrading any line.
krickt

Apr 30, 2007, 4:07 PM
I'm psychic, however, I'm bound by ethics not to invade the thoughts of customers, even when they are being stupid.
Nikoletta

May 3, 2007, 8:45 PM
Wouldn't you be more bound by the limits of your own sanity? Getting into their minds might be lethal (like getting near a black hole, it's so dense not even light can escape.)
krickt

May 4, 2007, 12:36 PM
Amen, you have no idea how many close calls I've had lately!

I mostly read my hubbies, and my kids minds. They're pretty safe.
TIERRA226

Apr 30, 2007, 4:39 PM
Ever did that with a port? Gave me the wrong number than when I printed out the contract it was a "Ooops! Wrong number!" 😈
oudidntkn0w

Apr 30, 2007, 5:49 PM
happened a few times to some csr's in my store
krickt

May 3, 2007, 10:19 AM
I had a custy do it to me! He wrote the number down wrong (I make them fill out part of the paper work), then the person who he gave the phone to didn't tell us for a day that it was the wrong number. Plus, TMo is the weirdest company on the planet to talk to. (from the point of veiw of one cell proffesional to another) It took 21 days to finally fix the problem. It only took me 3 days to get the correct phone number ported, but it took tmo 21 days to get the number back to the person we took it from.
Tarabottamoos

Apr 30, 2007, 6:32 PM
Well-put, I could add to this... however, I would have to stop taking calls for the rest of my shift.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.