Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 41 replies

in search of the perfect system.

ROLLYPOLLY

Apr 29, 2007, 9:31 PM
so in my store if a customer comes in and ask for you and your not there i would call you. if you dont answer or cant/wont come in then the sales fair game and ill let te customer know that if they want to give you sales you have to be here. (most customers dont care who gets paid) also being behind a counter, in the back , or smoking in front means your not on the sales floor and i dont share ups with people who arent on the floor. ive been told tha these rules are unfair but why would i share sales with someone behind a counter posting on phonescoop all day? what do you do to divide up sales? what floor rule do you work by? is there a perfect system?
monkeyracer

Apr 29, 2007, 9:50 PM
Ya, it's the honor code.

If my customer comes in on my day off, I'll expect to get credit for it. You would expect the same.

I do agree that if you are available and don't step up, that it's fair game though.

However, I train my customers to know to ask for me, and if I'm not in, they will just come back when I am. So you have to take the system in your own hands.
ABLINDKID

Apr 29, 2007, 10:01 PM
if the customer comes in asking for a certain sales person, because they were helping them before they should get the credit because they already spent time with the customer going over the phones and details, i dont even sell the phones i fix them, so to do that to a co worker seems two faced thank god i dont see sales reps doing that to each other in our store, that just doesnt seem right, anyone else agree with me
ROLLYPOLLY

Apr 29, 2007, 11:52 PM
i do make the attempt for the sales person to get credit but if hes not willing to come in and the customer doesnt want to come back what can i do. its against company policy to use someone elses comission code and its automatic termination if you get caught doing so.
monkeyracer

Apr 30, 2007, 11:13 AM
what an asinine policy. At any corporate sprint store, it's as easy as clicking a different name on a drop down box. Suck to your ass-mar.
ajstrong

Apr 30, 2007, 2:11 PM
MOST of the folks that come in have talked with others, but have no idea who we are (no name tags, heh heh) and even if the business card says them, I've personally seen and been instructed by managers to take the sales since the person asked for is working at another location. BUT STILL WORKING THAT DAY.

I shudder to think what has happened with my leads, since my bosses moved me from one store to another recently . . .

the ONLY way for me to get the sale in my name is to have an application processed, with the number on the back of my business card . . . even then, I'm not sure that I've been given credit.

"what a wonderful world"
M15TER P1NK

Apr 30, 2007, 10:35 AM
basically the way it works here is that if you dont close the sale... but the customer comes back in and knows EXACTLY the phone and plan and add ons they want and say "Joe helped me the other day" or still has "Joes" card then the sale is Joes... if the customer spends twenty minutes with the person that isnt joe because they werent completely ready than the sale is that reps...
ROLLYPOLLY

Apr 30, 2007, 2:49 PM
but how often does that happen? if they knew exactly what they wannted then why didnt they buy then? all i know is its going to take my time to go thru the process. time that i could use on customers im going to get paid on. so if they dont want to come in and mak the sale then they dont want it.
M15TER P1NK

Apr 30, 2007, 3:01 PM
a lot of my spanish speaking clientel end up having 150 deposits so i set everything up... write everything they want (account number, phone, and plan) on the back of one of my cards and give it to them. That way i have done all the work... and get credit for it... especially if the person that rings them out doenst speak spanish...
ABLINDKID

Apr 30, 2007, 8:42 PM
they should get the sale even if they are off for the day, customer service usually processes the phone for the sales reps in our company (verizon) i dont know who you work for , but how would you feel if you spent like an hour with a customer going over prices, feat, data, and all that and the customer comes in on your day off and someone else gets the final sale, dont tell me you would be fine with that because no one would....and here is the worst part i replace the phones i dont even sell them, this is just about respect for your co workers, and not being 2 faced
ROLLYPOLLY

Apr 30, 2007, 11:48 PM
actualy i do work for verizon and as you are an employee of another company i dont expect you to be familiar with verizon company policies. so you probably shouldnt speak about something that you know nothing about. if i help a customer and they're not ready to buy today i usually let them know when i work. never the less i do lose sales from people who come in when i'm not there but i dont expect my coworkers to do work for somehing they're not going to get paid on. the bottom line is whoever closes the customer closes the customer. i dont expect a "tech" to understand that.
ABLINDKID

May 1, 2007, 8:09 PM
ok well first off i have worked for verizon as a sales person for like 4 months, then i moved to solectron because the money was better and my boss was my best friend, so i do know your company policies, what state do u work in, because im good friends with the ops manager for verizon and the regional manager, so i asked them today about it, and they said who ever origionally spent the time with the customer should get the sales, who ever closes the sale is ACUALLY STEALING FROM THEIR CO-WORKER, AND ITS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD NEVER BE DONE....so i researched your information about who gets the sale and it should be the person that origionally helped the customer, so sorry your information is WRONG, and just because im a tech doesnt mean i kno...
(continues)
newfette

May 1, 2007, 8:45 AM
but you said even if they CAN'T come in..

so it's their fault they had a prior commitment that they can't leave...

that doesn't give you reason to steal their sale
ROLLYPOLLY

May 1, 2007, 8:51 AM
if im going to be doing the work then its not really their sale. and those goes both ways. also its easier then wondering if that customer really didnt mention they talked to you before when they signed up with your coworker. i think it makes people more honest with each other.
newfette

May 1, 2007, 8:58 AM
i think your system sucks and I'm really REALLY happy I dont work with people like you...
ROLLYPOLLY

May 1, 2007, 9:03 AM
damn thats harsh. i just dont think its fair to have someone else ring up my sales when they spent the time closing it and theyre not getting paid for their work.
newfette

May 1, 2007, 9:18 AM
do you guys not get paid hourly?
ROLLYPOLLY

May 1, 2007, 9:22 AM
yes but what kinda comission sales rep is happy with hourly?
newfette

May 1, 2007, 9:27 AM
listen if that's the system that works in your store then fine.. it really is sucky..

I make sure ALL my reps get paid for their sales..

if they aren't here then I process it for them using their logins. (i can do this and they can't cause I'm the boss)

for the 15 mins it takes me to sell activate a phone for one of my reps really isn't going to make that big of a deal in the long run.

i wouldn't feel right skeeting on of their sales because it was their day off...

we get a lot of clients that come in from out of town and we can't control if they are going to come on someone's day off.
ROLLYPOLLY

May 1, 2007, 9:31 AM
i guess we agree to disagree.
newfette

May 1, 2007, 9:44 AM
i guess so..

money just isn't everything to me
Athanatoi

Apr 30, 2007, 3:09 PM
We use a 60-day rule... If another employee has put notes in the account regarding the sale within the last two months, the sale goes to that salesperson.

Kinda sucks.
Guy Montag

Apr 30, 2007, 2:51 PM
Where I work its who ever is working gets the sale. If I talk to a customer and they come in to buy on my day off thats my fault for not encouraging them to come in on one of my work days. The only exception is if I go out of my way for a customer such as delivering a phone on my day off to make sure the sale will go through, in which case my manager will give me the sale. Other than that it all works its way out anyways and if you do all the leg work to make the sale then you deserve the credit.
aavera

Apr 30, 2007, 3:10 PM
We have a walk-up policy. Whoever deals with the custie the day they activate/ upgrade, is the person that gets the sale. Plain and simple.
newfette

May 1, 2007, 8:19 AM
ROLLYPOLLY said:
if you dont answer or cant/wont come in then the sales fair game

that's a load of crap..

so if someone customer comes back on someone's day off you're just gonna screw them out of a sale???
ROLLYPOLLY

May 1, 2007, 8:36 AM
why am i going to go thru the sale and spend my time doing everything not to get paid on it because someone else talked to the customer before? all the while losing out on sales because im busy doing someone elses work that cant finish/close a customer.
newfette

May 1, 2007, 8:43 AM
wow am i happy I dont work with you...

that's so lame.. why should your co worker lose out on a sale that they've been working on for god knows how long because they had a day off..
ROLLYPOLLY

May 1, 2007, 8:54 AM
come on if they been working on a long sale then they should have made sure the customer knows when they work. this also motivates the employees to work harder at closing sales the same day and increases sales.
M15TER P1NK

May 1, 2007, 12:08 PM
Well its an obvious answer... i cant believe i didnt come up with it sooner... the perfet system...

a borg colony...

Adapt... Assimilate... Inihalite...

Perfect
computerking

May 1, 2007, 12:12 PM
Take credit for the sales your finish, if the customer leaves and comes back to someone else...Owell, it will happen in your favor sooner or later.
backdraftdrummer

May 1, 2007, 3:01 PM
TRUE DAT!
Foamy

May 1, 2007, 12:18 PM
In my store, we have a quota. If we don't sell a certain amount of phone we don't make ANY commission.

My and my co-worker have worked out a system (there's only 2 of us). If one of us has reached quota and the other hasn't, we'll give the sales to that person until they reach their quota so we both get commission.

Assuming we've both made quota, his customer is his customer. If he spent the time with them he gets the credit, and vice versa.

Granted, I'm not going to proactively ask a customer that, but if they happen to tell me they've been working with him, I'll give it to him. Generally, we'll know when a customer is coming back though and let the other know what's coming.
ABLINDKID

May 1, 2007, 8:16 PM
funny, because i acually just responded back to this earlier, but i just sent an email out to the verizon ops manager about this, and she is really upset at how this sales person should be fired for STEALING SOMEONE ELSE'S SALES....Rollypolly is prob someone who cant make quota every month so she/he probably has to steal sales to make it, goes to show you how good of a sales person rollypolly is...thank god i dont work for verizon, if i was a co worker and found out he/she was doing that i would get that person fired, and the person says they wouldnt expect a tech to know about sales procedure, ummm we get all the same info because even though i dont directly work for verizon we get all the same policy's emails, and work with the same progra...
(continues)
ROLLYPOLLY

May 1, 2007, 10:10 PM
maybe you should try reading the m&ps especially the part that talks about comission fraud. if you couldnt make more money then a tech then you must have been a poor sales rep. my whole store works by our policy and we get along great. we never worry if a customer really didnt ask for us. it pushes us to close the sale and improve our sales techniques. it seems to me that your just a wanna be verizon employee because you never introduce yourself with the real company you work for. maybe you should go back to your desk and check some liquid damage stickers while i get answers from some real sales reps.
ABLINDKID

May 1, 2007, 10:24 PM
ok lets try this, send me a private message with your work email and ill foward it to the regional manager, and the ops manager and well see who is right, if you dont send it to me , then ill know your lying, and you stealing sales from your co workers.....
ROLLYPOLLY

May 1, 2007, 11:18 PM
how would me not wanting to give you my personal info make me a liar. top reps in my district bring home 4 to 7 grand a month at least. so for you to claim that a tech makes more then that is bs. and once again this a system my store uses not just me no one is stealing from anyone. if your going to make **** up learn to be realistic.

whats that noise i think someone dropped their phone in the toliet isnt that your cue?
ABLINDKID

May 1, 2007, 11:57 PM
ok top reps in your district obviously means that is not you because you prob can sell anywhere near their, and the purpose of you sending me your email via private message is because you know im prob right about it, because as soon as i send your email to the regional and ops manager which will prob get you into trouble sending it to me in a private message means that no one else on these posts will see it, its confidential, so what have you got to lose, your job maybe, and i get pait 19.00 an hr as a tech, and when i work overtime i made almost double that, plus unlike you i dont have a quota to make, so i get paid no matter what, if you dont make your quota you dont make that much, its prob why you steal your co workers sales...as for th...
(continues)
Lapdog

May 2, 2007, 12:39 AM
huh...translation please.

As a Solectron Tech (NOT a Verizon Wireless employee) you're telling us you make $39,520 a year ($19 x 2080 hours in a year [40 x 52 =2080]).

I hope it's true so maybe you could use some of your hard earned wealth to afford a communication class. Your message was not clear at all.

Why won't you post you're work e-mail address?
ROLLYPOLLY

May 2, 2007, 1:13 AM
dont waste your time with him hes not worth it. i doubt he even works for solectron. he seems to have a thing for verizon employees. like anyone would be dumb enough to give him their email address.
ABLINDKID

May 2, 2007, 8:20 PM
acually i have a couple of peoples work emails address on here, and sorry lapdog im just frustrated for her co workers, because they lose sales and commision due to her stealing the sales....and yes i make that much and your not even including the overtime i work
ABLINDKID

May 1, 2007, 10:42 PM
ohh and one other thing too, you said i prob didnt cut it as a sales rep, hate to tell you, but as a solectron employee im the top seller in my region for my company, the reason why i left verizon, better offer, make my own schedule, my best friend for a boss, and i dont have the hassel of having a quota to make, i make more money then some sales rep's, and my job is alot easier now.....so why dont you stop stealing money out of your co workers pocket and make money the best way work for it, dont let it get handed to you
Kyrillion

May 2, 2007, 8:00 AM
I work in a call center, but our policy on sales is about the same as yours.
If someone calls up looking for john smith because he helped them out, I am not getting john smith and giving him the sales. The reason for this is that it ruins my conversion rate which is supposed to be 50% to bonus. But if I'm giving away all the calls I get, I won't be getting the percentage I need.
On the same token, I expect John Smith to steal my sales. If I can't close a sale, why do I deserve it?
So I agree with you completely, and actually you are a little nicer than I am.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.