Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

"do you have the phone from the commercial...?"

jalanjalaning

Apr 29, 2007, 3:49 PM
i HATE it when they ask you if you have a phone based on a commercial...

for examples:
"do you have that phone the commercial where the guy is in the car driving to the store and he gets..."
"i want to see the phone from the commercial where all the people are talking about their phones and..."

can you explain the phone to me? brand? feature? anything? sorry i don't watch my company's' (well, i'm an indirect, so, whatever) billions of ads that run constantly.

and if you tell them you don't know the commercial they're talking about they say something like "don't you work for ____" which makes me really mad... where do you work? do they screen all their ads with you first?

sorry, this has been happening all day and i have no id...
(continues)
raycarroll70

Apr 29, 2007, 5:01 PM
I actually enjoy it when people come into my store and ask me questons like if we have one of the phones Jack Bauer carrys on 24 (Samsung A900 aka The Blade) or Lieutenant Horatio Caine of CSI Miami (Motorola i836). Brand recognition and media is a power marketing tool which has the potential of driving people into the retail stores.
monkeyracer

Apr 29, 2007, 8:54 PM
Ya, but I still believe in qualifying customers into the right phone, rather than just letting them buy the RAZR, just because they've seen it in a commercial. (Unless this ends up being the phone that best suits them which is very less likely the case.)
mallbound

Apr 30, 2007, 5:12 PM
Woowa, your customers will actually follow your advice when you qualify them for the right phone? Mine are usually, "but that one looks better/but it's cute/but that phone is TIGHT."

because ya know, as long as the phone looks cool it will work perfectly for anyone. I don't know how many times I can tell people 'the battery on a razr sucks and if you talk a lot you won't like it' only to have them come in later because "my battery doesn't hold a charge..."

grrrr
/end rant
monkeyracer

Apr 30, 2007, 8:26 PM
if they don't and go somewhere else to get the phone, when they come to me with the issues i warned them about, i just tell them that there's nothing I can do, they have to go back to where they got it. and that they should have listened to me in the first place.

Tough love.
Athanatoi

Apr 30, 2007, 5:17 PM
Jack has an i880 in this season 😎
ralph_on_me

Apr 30, 2007, 9:40 AM
My response to the "Don't you work for ____?" question is, "Yes, that's why I'm not sitting at home watching TV all day."
craptacularwireless

Apr 30, 2007, 3:44 PM
🤣
I always tell them, "No, I don't work for Verizon, I work for (Agent Name)."
M15TER P1NK

Apr 30, 2007, 10:02 AM
my favorite is...

whos that guy in the Sprint commericals that...

Ron Livingston... you probably recognize him from Office Space... is there anything i can help you with...

👀

I wanna pay a bill...
ABLINDKID

Apr 30, 2007, 8:48 PM
customer comes in having a problem getting service in a certain area, (dead spot most likely) not usual but does happen. Then i have the custy ask me where is the network when you need them like in the commercial...i think i get asked where is my network at least 15 to 20 times a day seriously people its just a commercial do u really think we would stalk all of you people all day long....some people are just braindead
madisongrey

Apr 30, 2007, 9:07 PM
ahaha..yeah i love it when they call up here to the call center, and they are like i got thi flyer in the mail for a certain phone for a certain price, can you give it to me? no sir, you need to go to the nextel/sprint store

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.