Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Question for indirects

mallbound

Apr 25, 2007, 8:26 PM
So today is my very first day as an indirect dealer for the same carrier that I used to be corporate (no choice in the switch it was kinda mandatory). So far my biggest complaint is how neutered our systems are when accessing accounts. I have to verify all sorts of info now even before I can get access to the account. When i was cor, all I needed was a phone number or even name if I knew the address. Are all carrier's indirects the same way? I was trying to play around with some of our systems to see how to configure different things on some of my friends accounts so i would know how when it came time to actually change someones stuff but I have to have their social and birthday and number and then I need their account number to look up...
(continues)
paddyoc

Apr 25, 2007, 8:28 PM
From my understanding, most carriers SEVERELY neuter systems for indirects....
mallbound

Apr 25, 2007, 8:35 PM
Darnit, that stinks ☚ī¸ The crappy thing about it is that most of this new company used to work for Sprint corp stores. All that proprietary info and training gone to waste.
darkweb

Apr 26, 2007, 9:02 AM
Congratulations for posting the thread that finaly converted me from luker to poster.

Can you tell us why your company switched from COR to Indirect?
cilvzwagent

Apr 26, 2007, 4:47 PM
If I wanted to walk into a VZW Corp store, all I have to provide them with is my Phone # and password on the account.

Someone comes in to my agent location, I need Phone #, Last 4 of SS#, Password (if there is one on the account), and that's just to view the account! If I need to make changes (ESN, Price Plan, Upgrade, Add-a-line) I also have to and obtain a copy of the person's drivers license or state id, and have the full SS# to "unlock" the account to make that change.

Custy's get so irritated with always having to tell us their full SS#. They almost always fire back with "all they want on the phone is my last 4, why do you need all of it?"

What should my answer be-----------"Um..because VZW cripples bluetooth, and their a...
(continues)
Guy Montag

Apr 26, 2007, 4:57 PM
Wow, Cingy indirects only have to have the Ph. #, last four, and password if it applies. However we still can't do all that Cor can do. We can only see portions of the notes on accounts and can not overide things like adding insurance when dealing with outright purchases. We also can't apply credits.
yodude

Apr 28, 2007, 7:16 PM
I work for an indirect and all we need to access the account is the last 4 and their phone #. Password if there is one. But that's it.
jalanjalaning

Apr 27, 2007, 9:49 AM
yeah, i get hassled about asking for ssns all the time... "you can't ask me that, it's illegal" and you have to explain to them that verizon already has their ssn, we just need you to verify it...

my co-worker always asks them to write it down on a card so he doesn't have to ask them multiple times (especially for new apps where we need it 3 different times)... and to my surprise they usually write it down with no protest! i feel uncomfortable asking them to write it on a card for me but they get all pissy when i ask them for it multiple times... shouldn't you be happy that i can't remember it??
Foamy

Apr 27, 2007, 5:42 PM
I just toss my keyboard on the counter and have them type it in themselves.

Then I highlight it and hit ctrl+C to copy it. And hit ctrl+V every time I need to enter it.
jalanjalaning

Apr 27, 2007, 6:39 PM
i'm jealous... in my system is disappears as soon as you finish entering it... which is annoying if they were telling you it very quickly and you want to look at it for a second to make sure you got it right before submitting it to credit...

oh hell... i find everything annoying...
phonemechanic

Apr 27, 2007, 6:46 PM
jalanjalaning, try this. If they give you hell about their SSN, open up 'Notepad'. Have them type it, or yourself, then copy it from there. Works swimmingly for me every time 😁
MrAbstracto

Apr 27, 2007, 6:52 PM
If they give you hell, copy their SSN and sell it with the rest of their info to a criminal. That'll teach 'em!
phonemechanic

Apr 27, 2007, 7:18 PM
SHHHH!!!! Don't post that to the public!! They're not supposed to know!!😈 😈 😈
jalanjalaning

Apr 28, 2007, 1:52 PM
i sell them to the jewelry store next door so they can fill out credit applications for bonuses... just joking... i would never do that. 👀
mallbound

Apr 27, 2007, 1:36 AM
My company didn't switch, my kiosk was bought out by another company and Sprint politely sold me too. Even after my manager at the other location begged and pleaded to keep me on over at his location (I have a habit of being informed, detail oriented and good with customers).

So far I like my district manager and area manager better. The organization however has been fairly atrocious as Wednesday was our day one. Irregardless the lack of actual support available is driving me nuts when it comes to trying to access anything on a customers account much less help them. I can't even pull up their bill or account balance and that's even AFTER verifying everything but their retinal scan and DNA test...
jalanjalaning

Apr 27, 2007, 9:45 AM
yeah, that's how it is at my vzw indirect... sometimes the customers don't like it... but i explain to them that if all i needed was their cell phone number than anyone could come up and make changes to their account or get information they may not want them to have... i think it's worth the extra security...

but it really does suck when you can't help someone because they don't have one of the pieces of information you need.
bdizzle

Apr 28, 2007, 12:07 PM
I think "Neuter" is too nice of a word to describe the systems that we use. I used to work for Cingular Corp. Now I work for a VZW indirect. VZW Ripped the testicles out of the system soooo fast that it pulled the spine, intestens, and the splein out with it!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.