Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

what jokes do you play on your coworkers?

ROLLYPOLLY

Apr 22, 2007, 8:29 PM
whenever i go to lunch i would tell my dumb coworkers "i have a customer coming in to get some phone and i forget if they were acts or ups but if anyone comes in let me know." and they would actually call me if anyone came in but yesterday my boss goes and tells them whats going on. they remind me of the guys from the alltel commercials.
Hombre07

Apr 22, 2007, 9:42 PM
My co workers aren't really tech savvy, so if they are working on a phone for someone I'll get it at some point and flip the camera view. They won't know what happened so when demoing it to the customer they will ask what's wrong. Usually they believe that the factory installed the camera up side down.
ABLINDKID

Apr 22, 2007, 11:01 PM
the other day i hid a box in the bay where the installation guy does his work, and my coworkers told him he got a delivery of supplies for installations, he came into the bay opened the box and i jumped out like a jack in the box, he freaked out crying it was probably one of the funniest things, another time i was replacing a phone, and i scrolled thought the phone and told my co worker there was a naked picture of his girlfriend, he freaked the hell out wanting to see the phone , i kept it going for like 5 min telling him he doesnt wanna see it...after he saw there were no pictures in the phone he wouldnt talk to me for like 4 hours....hey got to have some fun at work, it makes the time go by alot quicker
madisongrey

Apr 22, 2007, 11:30 PM
hmm i really havent done anything, yet. 😢
yellowandblack

Apr 23, 2007, 10:47 AM
When we got the giant stand-up of Shaun White (that flying tomato snowboarder guy), we all agreed it was creepy cause it was printed weird and he was SO PALE with this red hair. Well my assitant manager was on vacay, so the day she came back we put it in the bathroom right inside the door. So she goes in the back, and we're all waiting to hear a scream or an f-bomb or something, but like a minute goes by and nothing! So I walked in the back and apparently it scared her so bad she passed out! She was out cold for about 2 full minutes...funny in hindsight, not so funny at the time.
nuckingfuts

Apr 23, 2007, 8:50 AM
I was once asked by my manager how I kept my feature revenue so high, I replied with a straight face the I "flip" my feature every 180 days.... she about had a stroke!!
Foamy

Apr 23, 2007, 9:25 AM
We have this paid of Styrofoam heads that we use for displaying a headset. We only use one of them, the other I found in a box one day.

There's a room where the furnace and water heater is in the back room that has no light and is all around just creepy. Nobody really goes in there.

I've scared a few co-worked when they're coming down the hallway. I'll stand in there with the head in hand and jut it out the doorway just as they get to it. Scares them pretty good every time.

Another favored one of mine is people who use the 2-way mirror. One co-worker was putting on make-up, standing about 6 inches away from the mirror. I walked around behind the mirror and threw a pen at it.
that_one_girl

Apr 23, 2007, 9:35 AM
Being the "boss" I can't officially condone the tomfoolery that goes on at my kiosk, but these guys keep me cracking up on an unofficial level all the time.

We have one rep who always comes in and just throws his keys down wherever, so my other reps have started taking them and taping them to the underside of flat surfaces and this guy usually closes so he gets to stick around after everyone else is gone to search for his keys.

The other day the one with the keys took another guy's phone, that was just laying on the counter, and hid it. Then he was forced to play the hot/cold game until he found it.

Then phone guy and keys guy took the DVD another rep had just bought and taped a note that said "I love d*ck" on the front of it...
(continues)
Foamy

Apr 23, 2007, 11:30 AM
that_one_girl said:
We have one rep who always comes in and just throws his keys down wherever, so my other reps have started taking them and taping them to the underside of flat surfaces and this guy usually closes so he gets to stick around after everyone else is gone to search for his keys.

I used to have a co-worker that would always leave their keys on the counter. One day I grab the keys when they were with a customer, went outside and moved their car to the opposite end of the parking lot.

They spent a good 5 minutes out there just looking around before coming in with a frantic look on their face. They knew something was up when my manager and I were laughing our asses off.
paddyoc

Apr 23, 2007, 11:33 AM
My boss is the source of all the tension....he hides keys and phones and dummies...On April fools, I thought he left, so I snuck out for a min to have another smoke, and while I was gone, he took all of our phones and hid them. I got back, got a call from another store manager (who was in on it) asking if we had a certain phone. I look, and start freaking. One day, revenge will be sweet.
charliegirl

Apr 24, 2007, 12:11 PM
🤣 🤣
that_one_girl

Apr 24, 2007, 10:06 AM
OK, I just got in to work and was informed of probably the best prank so far. I have one rep who's rather neat and orderly and another one who likes to annoy the crap out of him in any way he can. Last night the less neat of the 2 closed. This morning the orderly young man opened. When he got here everything in our kiosk was taped down. The phone receiver was taped to the base. The light switch was taped in the "off" position. The mouse was taped to the desk. Display phones were taped down, etc and so on... I've been laughing for a solid 10 minutes.
yodude

Apr 24, 2007, 8:17 PM
There is a guy I work with and who is really bad about coming in on time, sometimes he forgets all together that he works. Anyway, one morning he was supposed to be opening alone, but our RSM got in trouble a couple of times about the kiosk not being open until like 1/2 an hour after the mall opened so asked me the night before if it was ok if I went in for a couple of hours just to make sure the kiosk got opened on time. So I said it was fine, but this other guy didn't know about it. So I get there on time, open up and decide to give the day a little kick. I took all phones, all the accesory bins, everything, out of the cupboards and I took all the phones out of the boxes and put them back in one cabinet and piled all the empty boxes in the...
(continues)
djdelay

Apr 23, 2007, 1:45 PM
I just had to post this:

Okay. So this guy sits next to me and he is big into WoW. One day, when I opened up his cabinet to get a magazine to read (which he is fine with), I see a key sitting on top of the magazines with a note saying "Jimmy, here's your key. Sorry it took so long."

That's when I got a genius idea. I took his key and hid it, along with his headset, pens, and paper. Then I wrote a note on his board that said "Jimmy, you've got to quest for your key. Behind thy fair lady's where the next clue will be."

So there was a post-it note behind the picture of his wif and it said, "You're wond'ring where your key has gone, well your next clue you are perched upon."

So then, there was a post it under his chair that s...
(continues)
charliegirl

Apr 24, 2007, 12:13 PM
That's good!
Athanatoi

Apr 23, 2007, 3:31 PM
I have a coworker who is Jewish, and stereotypically so... she is by far the most anal when it comes to tracking sales that are "hers."

So one day, while she was at lunch, we wrote down 10 activations in the activation log book, claiming the sales, but taking the names and numbers out of her contact book.

😁
aavera

Apr 23, 2007, 9:46 PM
We got in a life size version of the "can you hear me now" guy. One of the nights that one of my co workers and I closed, we put him right in front of our back door so when the manager opened the next day, is scared the crap out of him.

At the mall, the guys that work in GNC frequently come out and sit on the benches when there is no one in the store, and bring their cordless phone with them so they don't have to run back into the store whenever someone calls, so we started prank calling them. Funny thing is, they never realize it's us even though they are less than 10 feet away!
Iselltheshitoutofphones

Apr 23, 2007, 11:40 PM
My favorite thing to do is when a coworker is talking to a customer, I go an straighten an accessory or rate plan holder near them and let out a silent fart.

I non-chalantly walk away and the customer is under the impression that my co-worker farted or that the customer did so!! 🤣

I don't do stuff like that anymore since I own my own stores. Another favorite of mine was poping off a few of the keys on the keyboard and swiching them around. I laugh to tears in he or she's frustration!! Try it.

Will
Navajo Mojo

Apr 24, 2007, 7:39 AM
Back in college as a GTA, I'd switch the mouse and keyboard connections as well as unplug the monitor from the wall of my professors.
Guy Montag

Apr 24, 2007, 11:37 AM
Indians ride horses.
2Rails

Apr 24, 2007, 12:14 PM
years back, the favorite game in our store was to change each other's banners. since we all had a habit of just handing customers our own phones to look at (too lazy to open cases), it got interesting.

like when my manager handed a lady his StarTac (told you it was years back) right after i'd changed his banner to 'pedophile'.
yoshi04p

Apr 24, 2007, 1:58 PM
Well, my co-worker Mario would put a life size
cut out of Ryan Seacrest in our backroom of the store. The lights would be off and right infront of the door would be Ryan smiling and waving. AHHH
junglemassive

Apr 24, 2007, 9:10 PM
1. A co-worker has two phones, one personal, one business and sometimes if a customer is in need of a loaner for a couple of days he will swap the SIM cards and lend them the phone. Anyway, he went on vacation and left his business phone in the store since he wouldn't need it. While he was on vacation a customer came in to upgrade because he had rode over his phone with his lawn mower. He actually brought the phone (what was left in it) in to the store in a little sandwich bag, there were grass clippings all over it and everything. His mowed phone was the same model and color as my vacationing co-worker's. I asked him if I could keep the phone to play a prank on someone. So when my co-worker came back from vacation I told him that I had...
(continues)
Hombre07

Apr 25, 2007, 7:34 AM
The one that went through the mower wasn't a Red Samsung Sync was it? I had a guy about a week ago come in and say he had a bag phone. Then pulled out what used to be a Sync and said it went through the lawnmower.
junglemassive

Apr 25, 2007, 10:58 AM
Nope. Moto i530.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.