Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

how 'bout this (rant)

ajstrong

Apr 16, 2007, 5:19 PM
a doctor walks up with questions about international roaming(VZ). I attempt to get into his account, only to find that he DOESN'T KNOW HIS OWN PASSWORD HE PUT ON THERE HIMSELF. Call in to get that changed, it's changed, and he asks how much it'll be to call from China back to the US. I quote him the price, and he is bewildered.

The ENTIRE conversation with this guy, I'm wondering how a man that saves lives daily can be so blatantly ignorant.

he then informs me that "when I was over there, it seemed like they had their call rates in order much more than they do here; They seem to be ahead of us in that." ๐Ÿ˜ณ

All I could do was stare back at him.

Sometimes I wish I had a technology-IQ screener, so that at least I KNEW whe...
(continues)
acthrellis

Apr 17, 2007, 11:42 AM
I work for Cingular.

I had a woman come in, and I did the whole sales pitch thing, credit check, and seconds before she was stuck in contract, she says, "Is this Alltel?"

"...no..."

"oh. okay."

and she walked out.

I guess all the orange and blue AT&T labels and Cingular signs ALL OVER THE ENTIRE STORE just weren't enough to clue her in.

I need a drink. LOL
oudidntkn0w

Apr 17, 2007, 6:22 PM
I would have punched her in the face
Poeticpasshun

Apr 17, 2007, 6:26 PM
rite on ๐Ÿ˜‰
Hombre07

Apr 17, 2007, 2:56 PM
Speaking of passwords, do a new line activation. Customer is standing there playing with phone. Changes pre set security code and forgets it so he keeps entering it. Gets to PUK code, enters it wrong ten times and locks SIM card. All while generating his receipt. He didn't have it for more than four minutes and needed a new SIM card.
Poeticpasshun

Apr 17, 2007, 6:28 PM
he must've drank a Tall Glass of stupidity before he got 2 you.
blizone

Apr 17, 2007, 6:30 PM
With an order of chew toys.
Poeticpasshun

Apr 17, 2007, 6:33 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
Poeticpasshun

Apr 17, 2007, 6:35 PM
i mean really... do we want to continue breeding these kind of people .....i can see it now , A WORLD OF DUMBA$$ES ๐Ÿคจ
ajstrong

Apr 17, 2007, 3:57 PM
got another one:

couple come in to upgrade last weekend. During the process, the wife leaves, and the husband stays. ALWAYS bad, as I've experienced. Husband sees our sign for phone book transfers and the $10 fee, says, "I need two." We process them, and he's fine.

Wife comes back, gets the stuff, is all smiles, and then storms back into the store 90 seconds later demanding that we UNDO the phone book transfers, giving her back her money. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Eventually refund her $$ for one, and she's fine.

Until today, that is. She returns ALL the accessories, spewing, "I'll never use them" and asks to speak with a manager, raving that she's never in her life heard of such a thing as horrid as I subjected them to.
๐Ÿ‘€
Good th...
(continues)
bdizzle

Apr 17, 2007, 5:44 PM
I used to sell cars, and my boss would tell me that you were not doing your job if you did not have an occasional customer get pissed off and blow out of the finance office after you closed them. That meant that you were actually selling them, and not taking thier order.

I beleive that with cell phones, you are not doing your job as a sales person if you do not have a couple returns.
phonemechanic

Apr 17, 2007, 5:46 PM
๐Ÿคฃ I sold cars, too, and your ex-boss's thinking is waaay off base. You just had really sh**** people in F&I
krickt

Apr 18, 2007, 9:51 AM
That's the problem with both car salesmen and cell phone salesmen. If I'm being "sold" something, then it probably isn't what I wanted or needed, but what the salesman wanted or needed to get rid of. I won't buy a car or a cellphone from someone who tries to "sell" something I didn't a.) ask for or b.) need. Even if they back off and give me what I did ask for in the end, just for putting me through the ringer, I will walk away.
billthephoneguy

Apr 17, 2007, 6:22 PM
Back when I was at Radio Shack (not strictly phone related but close enough) I had a guy come in with an RS brand answering machine from the early eighties (I think it was older than me) that he got in a garage sale. It needed tapes to make it work, but we did not sell them any more. I checked every store for miles around, the web, and the special order stuff. We did not sell them any more. When I told him that I could not get it for him, he just kept repeating that we had to sell them, cause it was an RS answering machine. I told him there was nothing I could do and I was sorry and he just kept repeating himself and getting more angry. I finaly told him that things become obsolite, and that GM does not make hand cranks for starting ca...
(continues)
jalanjalaning

Apr 18, 2007, 9:19 AM
it doesn't sound like he's the kind of person who will get important messages anyway... ๐Ÿ™„
krickt

Apr 18, 2007, 9:55 AM
We are a RadioShack dealership as well. I hate garage sale season. You wouldn't beleive how many conversations we have exactly like yours on saturdays.

We've even had people buy stuff in original (however old) packaging, with the reciept taped to the box trying to return it. We point to the 30 day policy, and usually end up with a long drawn out lecture on how bad our customer service is. If they really make me mad, I've been known to say....
"You aren't our customer, you have to buy something to be a customer. Me giving you money would make me your customer, and I didn't ask for that either. Thank you for shopping with us today!"

That usually gets them out of the store pretty quickly. But during the spring and summer months, ...
(continues)
DJ Parkay

Apr 18, 2007, 9:14 AM
Yea and all the phones overseas are allways so much better than here in the US where 1/4 of them are designed...
jalanjalaning

Apr 18, 2007, 9:21 AM
ajstrong said:
he then informs me that "when I was over there, it seemed like they had their call rates in order much more than they do here; They seem to be ahead of us in that." ๐Ÿ˜ณ

"if you love Chinese cell plans so much why don't you marry them???" *in a taunting sing-song voice*

oooo...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.