Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Another Wow Situation

Nikoletta

Apr 10, 2007, 6:33 PM
So this guy has a phone that has an MP3 player on it, we simply don't carry that cable... we haven't since before Christmas. Well apparently when he ordered the phone nobody told him we didn't carry the data cable (why would they? Telesales doesn't do accessories, they wouldn't know, ditto for Care.)

It's not really a big deal, we have the number direct to Samsung, who carries the cable and charges LESS for it than we do. They're not able to bill to the account but you end up paying less.

Well he freaked out and got REAL pissy really fast about that and informed me (This is the part where I stop giving a crap because he's being an idiot. Before this part I was totally sympathetic, it does tank, I say that regularly, we should carry...
(continues)
longsleeves

Apr 10, 2007, 6:38 PM
I'm glad we don't do bill to phone at Cingular, it would probably cause more trouble with customers demanding stuff from us.
Nikoletta

Apr 10, 2007, 6:44 PM
It actually isn't usually a problem, most of the time it's GREAT, heck, I've used it to order a bluetooth headset myself, but it's only allowed on certain account types and only the primary account holder can do it... that's almost always the problem, when an authorized user flips their lid because "I pay all the bills on that account!" Which is lovely, it's still not in your name or a threat to your credit, sorry pumpkin.

In all I'm ridiculously glad we have it, I don't think we'd ever do any business otherwise... at least 90% of the sales I make in a give day are directly billed.
longsleeves

Apr 10, 2007, 7:00 PM
I'm just in care so we don't do sales very often. Cingular now has a new policy at stores where no cash refunds even if you paid in cash instead you must wait a few weeks for Cingular to mail you a gift card instead. I think that may be a little too far.
mapleleaf88

Apr 10, 2007, 6:47 PM
Haha. A coworker of mine has a standard response to the cancellation threat. "Sure, that's absolutely fine with me! Just give me one moment to transfer you to the $200.00 plus tax Early Termination Fee Department and they would be happy to take your money!" They usually get pissed and hang up at that point.
Nikoletta

Apr 10, 2007, 7:30 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! That's priceless. I'm always just glad I don't have even the ability to access their account so when they pull stuff like that, especially because they called the wrong number and I need to transfer them anyways. They really like "Well, I'm sorry that upsets you but regardless I'm going to have to get you to care for that too."

mehehehe, the evil side of me takes pleasure in their rage (largely because it is so misplaced and completely idiotic.)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.