Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

I feel like a punching bag

jestcuzzgrl

Apr 9, 2007, 9:55 AM
☚ī¸ I get so stressed. I know it's part of customer service dealing with customers who are pissed off, but sometimes it's just too much. I almost felt like breaking today.
Any suggestions to help me keep my cool?
SarahJo

Apr 9, 2007, 9:59 AM
Kick them in the shins? 😁
Foamy

Apr 9, 2007, 10:01 AM
Realize that whether they like it or not, they need you. And they're only trying to bully you so that they don't have to succumb to the realization that without your help, it's not getting done.
OfAMightDivine

Apr 9, 2007, 10:31 AM
We all in the industry feel your pain. I for one, have never, EVER been treated so bad as I have been in any other job. I keep it down by remembering they do need our help, that's why they come to us.

I think alot of it is based on the fact that humans as a whole have a difficult time expressing the correct emotions and keeping their own cool. Think about it... when you're dealing with a parent who just got their bill, and their kid wracked up $300 in text overages, they basically just admitted to a perfect stranger that they have little control over their child. No one likes being wrong, and I think most custies feel the need to have to defend themselves (though 99% of them are dead wrong)and try to prove that they are correct. It's not...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Apr 9, 2007, 10:41 AM
alcohol
phonemechanic

Apr 9, 2007, 11:01 AM
Go work at a car dealership as a Service Advisor for 3 months. What we encounter is NOTHING compared to the sh*t they have to put up with.

or

Drink....Heavily 🙂
acthrellis

Apr 9, 2007, 2:40 PM
My fiance is a service advisor. He works almost a 60 hour week and drinks heavily. poor guy.
alejandro

Apr 9, 2007, 11:53 AM
Well, you are a woman, i cant think of any other uses for one.
JackNever

Apr 9, 2007, 2:00 PM
Don't take your work home with you. I know it sounds kinda cliched, but really. Don't think about work at home and don't think about home at work. It'll help you avoid hating it to the point of breaking down. Then after work, go home and break something. Or meditate.
Webb

Apr 10, 2007, 2:40 PM
JackNever said:
Don't take your work home with you. I know it sounds kinda cliched, but really. Don't think about work at home and don't think about home at work. It'll help you avoid hating it to the point of breaking down. Then after work, go home and break something. Or meditate.

Squeeze off a few hundred rounds at the shooting range... Come into work the next day smelling like cordite.
ABLINDKID

Apr 9, 2007, 4:02 PM
ok hopefully this helps, something you need to realize is you cant tell an asshole he/she is an asshole because most of the time they already know and accept it, as for dealing with it, if you smoke ciggeretss go outside and smoke one to relax if you dont go talk to one of your co workers about the funniest customer experience you had sinced you worked there, that usually makes me laugh and forget about all the pissed off customer i deal with
youngxlos

Apr 9, 2007, 4:37 PM
advil
mallbound

Apr 9, 2007, 4:55 PM
Don't be afraid to let them know how it is. Or you can always fell bad for the next rep but then go ahead and pass them on to someone else. If it's getting that bad feel free to have a manager step in. No use in you dealing with that amount of cr@p from someone when there is someone else who gets paid extra to deal with situations like that. Unless you are already a manager of in which case, go buy a tazer...
MrAbstracto

Apr 9, 2007, 5:33 PM
jestcuzzgrl said:
I feel like a punching bag

Thats because you're married to Wayne Brady.
Webb

Apr 10, 2007, 2:37 PM
jestcuzzgrl said:
☚ī¸ I get so stressed. I know it's part of customer service dealing with customers who are pissed off, but sometimes it's just too much. I almost felt like breaking today.
Any suggestions to help me keep my cool?

First and foremost, don't bring it home with you, and don't take it personally. Some folks just weren't raised right, and that isn't your problem.

Sometimes it's easier said than done. I know that for me the worst times were when my company (the old AWS) seemed to be stuck in a never-ending series of SNAFUs, so it was no wonder that folks were pissed off.

I guess that in such circumstances my usual solution was to trudge through it. Some things you just can't fix......
(continues)
mobilecsr

Apr 11, 2007, 3:54 PM
kill them with kindness....works everytime,they stop yelling and talking down to you and its soooo much fun to let them know your still there for them đŸ¤Ŗ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.