Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

I hate today

aavera

Apr 1, 2007, 12:56 PM
I have had a total of 2 customers this morning and both of them were tools.

Customer one comes up twenty minutes before we open (I had literally JUST walked in) and starts yelling at me about not having coverage in his basement apartment. (He lost the antenna on his phone) I tell him I will be more than happy to see if my repair department has one in stock for that phone as soon as I open the applications I use to view their inventory. He goes off about how I am making excuses not to help him and he is just going to cancel his service if I don't fix it RIGHT NOW! Finally, after listneing to his ranting, I find out we do have one and I get him a loaner phone while they are fixing his and send him on his way.

Customer two is looking a...
(continues)
Crapbag

Apr 1, 2007, 1:05 PM
People are bluetooth idiots. Its even worse when they don't know it. I always attempt to educate my customers on the lack of carrier discrimination with bluetooth headsets too. Hopefully the knowledge will spread!
littlepinksock

Apr 1, 2007, 1:13 PM
I actually had a customer call in today and ask about "those phones that fit around the ear" I asked if she meant a bluetooth headset. She said "I don't care what color they are, I want a phone that fits around my ear" I told her they are just headsets. She got all disappointed and said "you mean i have to still have the phone with me to use it?" I said yes.

When I got off the phone with her, I slammed my head against the desk.
Crapbag

Apr 1, 2007, 1:15 PM
Lol, I had two ladies in here a few weeks ago standing in front of our Bluetooth case talking about how amazingly small the Bluetooth Phones were. What are they thinking, that we make phones only capable of answering? And if so how would that be of any service to anyone?!?!!
aavera

Apr 1, 2007, 1:34 PM
We hear that a lot. Then when we explain to them that it's a headset, not the phone itself, they get a disgusted face and make some kind of sotty comment like "What's the point of that!" 👿

I do not have patience for this today.
M15TER P1NK

Apr 1, 2007, 2:28 PM
Huh... i guess im spoiled... MOST of my customers know what a Bluetooth is and how they work (well the basic user functionality, i doubt they understand the mechanics of it but thats OK!) Though i can see how this would be annoying... however i do get customers that want me to "add bluetooth to their phone" and i have to explain how it involves either having a bluetooth chipset or not theres no way to "add" bluetooth functionality to a non bluetooth device... and when i offer them the Jabra adaptor they flip out about having to have a 1 x 1.5 x .1 inch reciever attached to their headset jack when they obviously want to be able to use their phone while its clipped (the adaptor comes with a clip) or in a purse (also comes with velcro to adhear...
(continues)
skippyvan

Apr 2, 2007, 1:55 PM
I thought it was funny when my fiance's grandfather asked me what that little bug in my ear was but he's 90 you know. BT Technology has been around for a while now the average (non-old) person should know whats up with it by now.
chocolateman85006

Apr 2, 2007, 2:06 PM
Unless they live in the Ozarks.
Crapbag

Apr 1, 2007, 4:17 PM
Ok, I'm right there with you now.

Just had a customer looking to upgrade two lines on his family plan. As I'm looking up the account he is asking about buy one get ones and such and being fairly cordial. When I get into the account I notice he isn't eligible yet and has a year to go. I politely inform him of this and he of course flips his lid, and starts going off about how he has been with the company for eight years and how we are trying to f*ck him and such. Of course the entire time I politely rebutle each of his arguments. It ends with him saying he is canceling and wants my card. So now I can expect to have to re-explain all of this to my boss.
aavera

Apr 1, 2007, 4:47 PM
Oh, joy...I LOVE Sundays 🙄

And just think, I only have an hour and a half to go..
yodude

Apr 1, 2007, 5:24 PM
I work all alone on Sundays and get to deal with "Oh well, he isn't an American citizen. He's from Mexico. So he doesn't have a picture ID. But that's ok right?" Uh... haha. 8 hours on my feet does not really make me a happy camper either. Or the chick that just came up. OH my credit is way good. Sprint and T Mobile said so. So why did you have everyone and their dog run a credit check and you are coming to me because you need a phone? That's a $400 deposit for each line. But I thought you said the phone is free!!!??? Uh, yea, if you qualify. Well I don't need your gay a$$ $h!tty service anyway!
aavera

Apr 1, 2007, 5:27 PM
I hear ya there. I live WAY up north, so I always get, "I live in Canada, why can't you bill there??" AND I work in the mall by myself on Sundays, so there's the constant rush of bratty teenagers that think they need to bug me about looking at every phone in the case. So many times I have wanted to tell them to come back when they can actually sign a contract legally. Seriously 👿
yodude

Apr 1, 2007, 5:31 PM
Like the group of Barbies that just stopped at my kiosk squealing over the Chocolate? lol. OMG!!! IT"S LIKE SO CUTE!!! I JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT CUZ BRITTANY HAS IT!!! LIKE OMFG!!!!
aavera

Apr 1, 2007, 5:32 PM
Hahahaha! Like, when are you getting the pink one in?!?! I am SOoooooooooo makind my daddy buy if for me!!! It's so, like, totally cool and stuff!

PUKE!
yodude

Apr 1, 2007, 5:38 PM
N0 kidding. I seriously had some like 13 year old girl come up, hair all bleached and poofed and tons of makeup on her face so she looked like she was 19 or whatever she was trying to be, and asked if I had the pink one. I said no, it won't be available for a month or so except online. She gave me this dirty look and said "Well if my lawyer asked for it, would you show it to him?" 😳 "Sorry, but you really can't buy it anywhere in a store. You can only buy it online right now and you would have to be eligible for an upgrade or activate a new line of service." She stuck her lip out and was like "But I want it now!!! You are so freakin rude!!! I will just have my daddy AND his lawyer AND my lawyer come down and sue cuz you won't just let me ...
(continues)
aavera

Apr 1, 2007, 5:39 PM
😳 Wow.
yodude

Apr 1, 2007, 5:42 PM
That's what I thought. The hardest part was trying to keep a straight face until she was out of earshot. haha.
M15TER P1NK

Apr 1, 2007, 10:13 PM
yodude said:
N0 kidding. I seriously had some like 13 year old girl come up, hair all bleached and poofed and tons of makeup on her face so she looked like she was 19 or whatever she was trying to be, and asked if I had the pink one. I said no, it won't be available for a month or so except online. She gave me this dirty look and said "Well if my lawyer asked for it, would you show it to him?" 😳 "Sorry, but you really can't buy it anywhere in a store. You can only buy it online right now and you would have to be eligible for an upgrade or activate a new line of service." She stuck her lip out and was like "But I want it now!!! You are so freakin rude!!! I will just have my daddy AND his lawyer AND my lawyer come down a
(continues)
phone_doctor

Apr 2, 2007, 2:07 PM
did you ask who's your daddy ? .......lol
acthrellis

Apr 2, 2007, 2:16 PM
LMFAO 🤣 🤣

sluts.

🤣 🤣

the barbies, not you guys.

😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.