Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 89 replies

ringers

usccgangsta

Mar 26, 2007, 3:01 PM
is there anyway to unlock the ringers downloaded from realtone jukebox so you can bluetooth them to another phone?
alejandro

Mar 26, 2007, 3:06 PM
No idea, i use the mobile phone tools for mine. But even unlocked ringtones i make myself will not send through bluetooth, ask us cellular about that.
computerking

Mar 26, 2007, 4:42 PM
Thats not true with all phones. Most Nokia & Motorola phones will transfer ringtones and songs via bluetooth. Although I havent found a Kyocera that will do a bluetooth transfer with music. Havent tried LG, but I dont thing they will either.

This is all USCC equipment.
alejandro

Mar 26, 2007, 4:43 PM
Well i have a red razr and it wont send anything via bluetooth besides contacts.
computerking

Mar 26, 2007, 4:47 PM
because I just grabbed a Project Red V3m from my case and did a BT transfer with a song too and from to my other Silver V3m.

I have also transfered from my V3m to the Nokia 6265i.
alejandro

Mar 26, 2007, 4:47 PM
well damn.
phoneyphonephone

Mar 26, 2007, 7:34 PM
I do it with my krazr to a friends krazr and my man-friends E815 all thee time.

USCC also told me I shouldn't be abe to "text" sound records or ringtones to my email, but damn if I can! 😁
krickt

Mar 28, 2007, 11:32 AM
You need to have somebody look at it. The kids around here are bluetoothing songs like crazy, and assigning them as ringtones. It works on everything except a KX5. The cheep ones don't do it, but the razrs, krazrs and nokia will. Someone even showed me a song on a moto 323 monday. I didn't think those had enough memory to do that kind of thing.
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 9:13 AM
Have you ever been to these or any other forums in your life before? The different topics are here for a reason. Hmm and just a wild guess but this thread does not belong here 😡
ralph_on_me

Mar 31, 2007, 10:16 AM
Did you just ask if Al was new here?

Go ahead and wave that noob flag a little higher, I don't think everyone's seen it yet.
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 1:56 PM
It wasn't directed at al it was directed at the guy who started the thread.

And it was also supposed to be a rhetorical question.
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 2:00 PM
i posted it in here because i knew that i would get good answers where as in other forums i would get crappy answers, ya douche.
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 2:02 PM
Well you should already know the answer to your quesetion since you are the usccgansta.

ya douche.
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 2:11 PM
what a great comeback 🤣 trying to insult me by saying that i should have know. how ever did you think of it?
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 2:12 PM
Well I thought it was common sense that copyrighted ringers cant be unlocked
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 2:19 PM
it is common sense that if you are not going to answer a questions helpfully to be quiet and let the adult talk amongst themselves
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 2:07 PM
~Al is not new here

~If it was directed to the person that started the thread, it would be a GREAT idea for you to reply to the correct one

~It is not uncommon for people that work in the wireless industry to use this forum to ask eachother for advice.

You seriously must be new here. 🙄
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 2:10 PM
i've been a member of these forums 2 months less than you have. Like you have room to talk
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 2:12 PM
I actually know how to use them, obviously you don't have the hang of it yet.
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 2:18 PM
So now I don't know how to use forums because I pointed out that someone posted a thread in the wrong topic. I think you don't have the hang of using forums yet.

The main point of a forum is for people to discuss certain topics and also for people looking for similar answers to find what they are looking for.

And call me crazy but wouldn't it help for someone else looking for the same answer to look in a forum that actually has something to do with the topic at hand.
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 2:21 PM
not if i thought that the people that frequented this forum would be better at answering my question
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 2:25 PM
Whatever you guys obviously OWN Phone Scoop Forums.

Sorry for trying to make these forums easier for other people to navigate.
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 2:26 PM
your appology is noted
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 2:29 PM
normally adults can realize when sarcasim is implied
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 2:31 PM
i can but i like to ignore it when i know that i can keep getting you to respond and give me another laugh 🤣 🤣 🤣
Derek0550

Mar 31, 2007, 9:23 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 you are an idiot just like dj parkay, just stop! lol 🤣 🤣 🤣
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 2:30 PM
If you read the definition of this particular forum, it reads "Discussion area for employees of wireless carriers, including retail and customer service"

He wanted to be sure he was getting his info from a reliable source. The people that work in wireless normally frequent this forum and not the other ones.

The reason I said you don't have the hang of using the forum yet is because you replied to Al's post, not USCC's (which is the one I am sure you meant to reply to)
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 2:36 PM
i don't know about you but i certainly enjoy slapping a fool down when they are acting a fool. 🙂
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 2:39 PM
🤣 It's fun..Brings a little enjoyment to my day when I am bored at work.
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 2:41 PM
amen sister 😁 😁
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 2:54 PM
I don't know about you but I certainly enjoy watching two randoms on the internet connect because they both find joy in acting like stubborn idiots. It makes me feel better about myself.

How about we take a poll and see who actually thinks my post was foolish?

And just for the record that was NOT a rhetorical question.
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 3:01 PM
It was definately foolish
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 3:03 PM
yeah we already know what you think

I also think your posts have been foolish

So i guess that makes us equal
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 3:03 PM
🤣 How amusing. Personally, I don't care. I find it entertaining to egg on people that troll through the forums (like you). The original post was in a perfectly logical spot for the information he was trying to recieve.
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 3:05 PM
If you don't care than how come you continue to watch this converstion and make comments?
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 3:06 PM
i do it because i laugh every time you think of something new to say 😁
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 3:07 PM
Well atleast I made someone happy today
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 3:09 PM
Like I said, I love egging on people that troll through the forums (like yourself) It's funny how worked up you all get over an internet forum site.

Honestly though, if you want legit information on how-to, this is the best forum to post it in. There are more regulars that visit this forum.
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 3:10 PM
AND DOWN GOES GROUNDHOG!!! 🤣
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 3:20 PM
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

I also find it funny that I never got a reply to this one!
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 3:21 PM
yup looks like i fell flat on my face this time. I feel so ashamed. 🤭

Wow it made time go by pretty fast though. I only got 40 mins left till my shift is over. I guess i'll just go home and cut my throat...
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 3:22 PM
🙄 Riiiiight

*Is that sarcasm I sense??*
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 3:23 PM
unfortunatly..no that was not intended as sarcasm
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 3:25 PM
Somehow I am not believing you.
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 3:27 PM
so you're hoping that im joking..that must mean that you truly care for me.. 🙂

OMG I have a reason to live

ps i think you're hot
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 3:29 PM
And how would you know what I look like?? 👀

No, it's like I said, I love getting people all worked up on these things. Everyone takes everything that is said SO seriously. It's just fun.
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 3:30 PM
because i am watching you right now

i think i am in love
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 3:32 PM
Ok then. As long as I know. Who do I press the stocking charges against??
groundhog_day

i'm just kidding. It's been really slow here today and I am pretty bored.

I apologize if i caused any mental trauma...
aavera

🤣 Please. No worries
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 3:27 PM
😁 At least it made your shift go by faster! I am jealous, I still have 4 1/2 hours left. Blah
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 3:30 PM
i got a half hour. at least groundhog can take s**t when he dishes it out. a lot of people just get really whiny and lose their sense of humor. and you have to admit that the "DOWN GOES GROUNDHOG"(a la frazier) was pretty funny 🤣
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 3:34 PM
Oh, I know, right?! I love, LOVE it when people get all seriously butt hurt because of something someone said in here. It's hysterical.
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 3:34 PM
Yeah it was pretty funny.

on the slapping the fool down post...

I had the mental picture of a foolish whore(being me in this case) being slapped down by my gangsta pimp(being usccgangsta)
aavera

Mar 31, 2007, 3:35 PM
🤣 Wow, awesome mental image. Seriously.
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 3:38 PM
it almost reminds me of a joke in the lounge: what do you call a women with two black eyes?

Nothing cause you told the b**ch twice! 🤣

(no offense to anybody)
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 3:43 PM
not trying to start another argument but should it be 'tell' instead of 'call'

and..."Nothing cuz you already told the bitch twice"
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 3:45 PM
i stand corrected 🤭
groundhog_day

Mar 31, 2007, 3:45 PM
ok time for me to go

later fools
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 3:48 PM
later
usccgangsta

Mar 31, 2007, 3:35 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
computerking

Mar 26, 2007, 4:20 PM
To my knowledge no, those are locked for copyright reasons. Maybe if you know a tech or someone with pst software or access to the PRI file in your phone, there might be a setting to change.
DJ Parkay

Mar 26, 2007, 5:09 PM
Dude thats totaly copyright violation. Jerks that bootleg music and ringtones hurt a lot more people than the artist. There is an entire retail (as in CD sales) industry that is affected by bootleggers. There are also a lot of support people that work in the business (studio engineers, promoters, manufacturing, etc.) that dont get paid a lot and dontget paid at all if the studios arent booked.
And yes the "rich" artists also get ripped off. Just remember if they arent getting paid to make the music you like they will stop doing it.
I need to reiterate that point for emphasis.

And yes the "rich" artists also get ripped off. Just remember if they arent getting paid to make the music you like they will stop doing it.
(continues)
alejandro

Mar 28, 2007, 10:35 AM
You are a ***
DJ Parkay

Mar 31, 2007, 1:23 PM
Your mad because I am calling you out for stealing from people? You are like the customer that wants service and doesnt want to pay for a phone, and activation fee, or the bill.

Just remember jerks like you are the reason why so many potentialy good artist's careers end early.
Derek0550

Mar 31, 2007, 9:14 PM
O well, thats life. Welcome to earth martian 😎
Derek0550

Mar 31, 2007, 9:15 PM
Now you finally found a post to vent on your failures!!!! 🤣 damn I love picking on you 🤣
deliriumfrenzy

Apr 1, 2007, 1:52 PM
No, any artist whose "career" ends early over CD sales obviously doesn't know how to play local shows.

Wait. Any artist who considers their art a "career" doesn't have a chance in hell anyway.
Derek0550

Mar 31, 2007, 2:53 AM
Dude your an idiot..plan and simple.. go cry in somedudes lap 😲
DJ Parkay

Mar 31, 2007, 1:24 PM
Keep stealing from people you punk! I hope your napster a$$ gets caught by the FBI!
Derek0550

Mar 31, 2007, 9:12 PM
O I will,bwahahahahahaha, i used limewire dude don't you know how to read. I love limewire and I love downloading music!!!!! hahaahhahahaahhhaha..o shoot i think the FBI flagged me 😳

You are an idiot, the FBI has better things to deal with then pirating, like pedophiles, killers, and convicts on the run. So how about shutting you little mouth on this one. Its ok buddy you can still go cry on Big Bobs lap 😲

🤣 🤣
junglemassive

Mar 31, 2007, 1:45 PM
Who the hell are you? No one was stealing YOUR music you tool. Don't blame your failed music career on some free ringtones. 🤣
DJ Parkay

Mar 26, 2007, 5:11 PM
You are a THIEF bootleging ringtones. I should report you to the Secret Service or the FBI as copyright violation is a FEDERAL CRIME. Jerk.
Foamy

Mar 26, 2007, 5:42 PM
First of all, chill out a little dude.

Second, if he purchased the ringtone (paid the money already) what does it matter if he wants to put it on his new phone? Why should he have to pay twice for the same thing because the equipment changed?

You don't need to buy a new CD every time you get a new CD player. So, why pay twice for the same ringtone?
krickt

Mar 28, 2007, 9:40 AM
If the music/data industry gets their way, you will have to pay for the cd everytime you transfer it to a different player. It's coming.
JustBelowAverage

Mar 28, 2007, 10:26 AM
If the music industry had their way you would pay every time you played a CD or every time you listen to a song in your head.
krickt

Mar 28, 2007, 11:29 AM
Amen! Just wait until we all get card readers installed behind our ears.
jarcher2828

Mar 29, 2007, 2:03 PM
The Copyright loyalties office (division of the library of congress) just passed a new law that will charge Internet radio broadcasters a fraction of a cent FOR EVERY LISTENER that listens to a copy write song. this means that if you broadcast a song that is owned by capital records you will tally each and every person that listened to that particular song and write them a check. then if the next song you play is also copy written you pay the owner of that song as well for each listener. even though it will be a few 1/100th of a cent, you multiply that by tens of thousands of listeners for each and every song it can really add up. It is because of A**H****s in the industry that do this that so many people will continue to downlo...
(continues)
krickt

Mar 29, 2007, 2:15 PM
Agreed. Our local radio station has the technology and the website support needed to broadcast over the internet, however the costs associated with music are so high that they don't use tech or site support at all. They say that it may become more feasable for them to be a talk radio, because then they can say anything they want and play a few songs with a few charges rather than get charged sometimes for just saying the name of the song. It's crazy.
DJ Parkay

Mar 31, 2007, 2:13 PM
Hey guess what geneious - FM and AM stations have been doing this since the 1930s! Before that jukeboxes, and guess what - every business that plays music has to pay either ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC royaltys based n store traffic (number of customers).
People tend to forget that thisis how artists make their living. Out of that 99 cents the artist maybe if they are lucky gets a fraction of a penny. It costs a lot of money to make a record. This is how thees people make their living. You as a commission salesman of all people should appreciate this. What if everyone was buying pirate phones and you werent selling new service anymore. Commie!
DJ Parkay

Mar 31, 2007, 1:38 PM
If you even knew how much money they loose on failed artists. Hnoestlythey are investingin artists and want a return. Your comment is like saying cellphone companies are bad because they charge you for monthly service.
DJ Parkay

Mar 31, 2007, 1:35 PM
No format shifting and time shifting are ok under the copyright act of 1976 and ammendments as long as you purcasedthe original. This came from the early days of car audio when people werecopying their 12"s to cassette to listen to in the car.
Also with VCRS time shifting - taping a show to watch later.
DJ Parkay

Mar 31, 2007, 1:25 PM
Well it sucks for that guy but that rule is in pace to prevent one punk from downloading a ringtone and sharing it with all his fratbuddies.
Derek0550

Mar 31, 2007, 9:30 PM
You act like you have never downloaded a song; stop putting on a front you washed up artist.
joepatterson

Mar 28, 2007, 9:38 AM
Secret service? Not really sure thats their department. 😎
usccgangsta

Mar 28, 2007, 9:45 AM
FYI I have paid for the ringtones and I want them on my new phone. I fail to see the problem here. Even if I just wanted to steal the music, which I can't, I don't see what you care for.
raycarroll70

Mar 29, 2007, 1:01 PM
I'm sorry you have anger issues. I like to take music song from artists and rip a 30 second clip from it to use for my ring tones. Since I'm using it for personal use only and not selling it, I don't feel it's thievery.
robtheman

Mar 29, 2007, 1:07 PM
If you own the CD or a legal personal copy of the music, you can do that. If you're downloading it without owning a legal copy, you can't do that.
Derek0550

Mar 31, 2007, 3:04 AM
I guess I'm a theiv I download music from limewire and i dont care..hahahahaha 🤣 🤣 🤣
aavera

Mar 29, 2007, 2:03 PM
Seriously, take a pill. I am sure the FBI has more important things on their agenda than going after some kid that wants to transfer his ringtones to his new phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.