Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

ETFs...

kapwww

Mar 16, 2007, 3:20 PM
I've have recently read so much crap about whiny little weasels complaining about having to pay ETF for canceling their service. There are so many lawsuits from these little f^@k$ and the courts are full of the same sniveling snots that the carriers don't stand a chance.

As long as I sell a phone for less than what I pay for it, I should have every right to charge an ETF. Your monthly bill is paying for your service. I long for the day when every phone is sold at full retail. People would appreciate insurance at that point, although they might not need it so much because people would probably treat the phones with more respect.

I'm actually having a great day selling today. I'm in a good mood. I just get frustrated that certa...
(continues)
not2brite

Mar 16, 2007, 3:27 PM
Kinda interesting you posted this when on the front page was this...

AT&T has agreed to settle a suit with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) over early termination charges from 2000-2002. At the time Cingular began aggressively advertising in California and added more subscribers than the network could handle. Many new and existing subscribers, who could not make calls or dropped them due to network congestion, left and were still charged early termination fees (ETFs) despite Cingular's network difficulties. AT&T (Cingular) must now refund those fees, as well as pay $12.14 million in fines to the CPUC.
krickt

Mar 16, 2007, 3:30 PM
I read that! I wonder how the rates are going to jump to cover the loss. Now they won't do it soon, but they will do it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.