Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

Most Psycho Call Ever.

Nikoletta

Mar 13, 2007, 6:49 PM
I have the creeps from this call and I think I'm am scared for life...

I'm pretty sure she just told me that she and her mother were lesbians together and that it ran in the family.

She was whispering the whole time and I kept hearing some guy screaming in the background about "Get off the %($#*&% Phone! Are you on the @!)*(%& phone?" And any time I heard that there was a muffled sound like she was hiding the phone behind a cushion or something so he wouldn't see it. I'm pretty sure there were threats that he was shouting but I didn't write them down and don't remember, I was too traumatized by the rest of the conversation.

She told me "Martha, Travis, and I are married." as well as "My mother took some pictures of me, they wer...
(continues)
averagewhiteboy

Mar 13, 2007, 7:12 PM
That's just one of those times when you have to pull out the old, "Ssssshhhhhhhh I'm going through a tunnel I might cut out on you Ssssssshhhhhh" routine.

Then talk to your therapist/priest/pastor/mom/best friend before you cry yourself to sleep......
Nikoletta

Mar 13, 2007, 7:22 PM
Yeah but I'm in a call center, so no tunnel...

Yeesh, I'm just really hoping it was a Crank Yanker or something, because the other options are too disturbing.
cingularcare

Mar 13, 2007, 8:27 PM
dude that sound like a messed up call wow im speechless i dont even know how to handle a call like that and if it was a crank yankers call that a disturbed joke
Ask The Shack

Mar 14, 2007, 8:23 AM
Man, that's some motherly love!

I wouldn't mind seeing those pictures. 😁 🤤
MuSiC GuRu

Mar 14, 2007, 9:53 AM
ewwww...thats disturbing! anyone that would call a phone company and say that has some serious problems whether it was serious or fake....lol 🙄
Cymballistix86

Mar 15, 2007, 1:53 PM
D-STURB-ING.
Cymballistix86

Mar 15, 2007, 1:50 PM
And the banjo tune to Deliverance starts playing in the background?
krickt

Mar 15, 2007, 1:52 PM
I hate that song, my dad used to play "Dueling Banjos" all the time. I didn't know it was part of that movie until I saw it in college. Ruined it for me forever.
mapleleaf88

Mar 15, 2007, 2:15 PM
I had to learn that song when I was taking piano lessons as a little girl. I will never ever play it again. evar.
yodude

Mar 16, 2007, 7:10 PM
The most physcho call I ever got when I worked for Verizon in the call center was this seriously crazy dude that called in, already yelling, saying "Why the hell does this G*% d@#^ company keep calling me? I'm gonna get my lawyer!!!" I said excuse me, I don't understand what you mean... He kept yelling on and on about how someone keeps calling him saying he owes us money. I looked at the notes and told him that I saw no record of anyone from our company calling him at all. The last time he had been called was a month before I talked to him from the repeat caller team. He said no no you're wrong you stupid @$$ girl, they call me 3 or 4 times a day I'm an old man and you need to respect me. I said sorry, I don't know what to tell you. He start...
(continues)
Derek0550

Mar 16, 2007, 11:33 PM
Wow, Verizon filed a police report on him?? How does does that work???
Derek0550

Mar 16, 2007, 11:23 PM
hahahahaha
yodude

Mar 21, 2007, 9:07 PM
nope, wyoming. And all Verizon has to do is file a police report the same way you would. He was harassing every employee he talked to and trying to get info without verifying half the time. I got him to verify on my call though.
alejandro

Mar 22, 2007, 10:56 AM
Ever think that she deserved it?
Be a Randall not a Dante

Mar 17, 2007, 10:08 PM
wOW. I'm so sorry, I wish I could say it was prolly a prank call, but honestly there is no way to know for sure. There are a lot of sick and disturbing people/groups in the world. Honestly incest isn't even the tip of the iceburg of sick and depraved things people are capable of. Still, I hope you find out it was for a Crank Yankers episode or some other form of stupid prank call.
MrAbstracto

Mar 19, 2007, 8:14 PM
Be a Randall not a Dante said:
There are a lot of sick and disturbing people/groups in the world.

Like furries.
ZombieJ

Mar 18, 2007, 8:20 AM
I assume you had their number?

Don't they teach you people to deal with these situations in a serious manner and report them to the proper authorities regardless of if you think they are fraudulent or not?

You could be sitting on a call for some kid that just told you they were/are sexually molested by their parents and as opposed to reporting it and letting the authorities determine if its serious or not you come on here and post about it?

I don't get it.
Nikoletta

Mar 18, 2007, 11:41 AM
No, we don't generally get their number, the vast majority of the time the calls have (503) or (CustomerCaresnumber) in the from slot, when they have anything at all. People assume that we have their number a lot, we don't.

And what on God's Green Earth makes you think I didn't deal with it in a serious manner? Of course I went to my supervisor and let her know what happened, what she does with it from there is up to her, I would assume she pulled the call and listened to it herself and dealt with it from there. If it were, as you hypothesize, a child trying to tell me about abuse (though why the hell a child would call a complete stranger in a sales call center on a number that isn't even fairly commonly available for that is beyond m...
(continues)
yodude

Mar 21, 2007, 9:09 PM
I went to my supe too and he pulled up the account and looked it over. He said I did the right thing to transfer him to the # in Hot Remarks. That's what it said to do. And I recorded the call in case anyone needed andything from our convo later on.
ZombieJ

Mar 25, 2007, 9:51 PM
Shove it, you cranky whore. How does that sit with you? After all if I'm going to "dare" to do something, I might as well actually do something

No one is judging you so please refrain from your pathetic defensive posturing and "you don't know me" bullsh*t.

The nature of your post made is seem as though you brushed it off as just a weird call and did not follow the guidelines people set for call center reps. Lord knows happening upon a rep who can/will do their job properly is the closest thing to a miracle many of us will get.

Relax.
alejandro

Mar 26, 2007, 10:50 AM
No, don't apologize, she needs to be judged.
DJ Parkay

Mar 20, 2007, 5:22 PM
Wow, thats one for an anonymous tip to child services!
Nikoletta

Mar 20, 2007, 6:27 PM
Was an adult though or yeah, it would have been. It's in my supervisor's hands, I had her pull the call and listen to it... I didn't even have a callback number and never did really hear her name.
DJ Parkay

Mar 20, 2007, 6:43 PM
Haha I wish we had customers like that. I bet your store is below the mason-dixon line if you know what I mean!
👀
Alltel Sales Guy

Mar 21, 2007, 12:39 PM
This is a real cust I just pulled from or intranet....I thought y'all might enjoy it....she has 300 complaint activities on her account, and believes she should not have to pay for cell service, because it was in the constitution that we have it.......yeah....enough said. ( by the way she has had her phone a year or so...

PISSED OFF THAT THE KEYS ARENT LARGE ENOUGH FOR HER TO READ TOLD HER THAT SHE COULD COME IN AND BUY A PHONE OUTRIGHT THAT WOULD SUIT HER NEEDS BUT I COULD NOT SWAP ONE OUT FOR HER SAID SHE HAS SPOKEN TO SOMEONE NAD THEY WILL PUT HER IN A 6030 TOLD HER THEN TO GO INTO THE STORE AND THEY WOULD HELP HER OUT SHE SAID YOU ARE CUSTOMER SERVICE I SAID YES MAAM BUT I DONT SELL THE PHONES SHE SAID YOU ALLS STORE SUCK LIKE SHI...
(continues)
acthrellis

Mar 23, 2007, 11:21 AM
👀

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.