Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 40 replies

Most Memorable Customer?

computerking

Mar 12, 2007, 5:12 PM
What are your most memorable customer moments? You know the ones you'll remember for years to come.
krickt

Mar 12, 2007, 5:27 PM
My absolute favorite was just in the last few weeks!

Man comes in, terrified that he's going to have to spend hundreds of dollars on a new phone. He dropped it in the only water puddle in the county (we're in a drought, well until this weekend, anyway). It was a 6019 with the headset sign on. My husband cleaned it out, but while he was doing that, I showed him our cheapest new phones and my only used phone in the store. He was still upset, and about to cry, but willing to pay for the phone if he had to.
My husband called my cell phone from the customer's, and told me not to tell him anything. He came out handed him the phone, and showed him that it was working, no matter how temporarily. The man leapt (leapt, jumped whatever, the...
(continues)
alcave21

Mar 12, 2007, 5:30 PM
once this customer called my coworker a snatch hating c*nt......lol.....
chocolateman85006

Mar 12, 2007, 5:34 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
groundhog_day

Mar 12, 2007, 5:35 PM
aahahahaha thats fu#$%^& awesome
alcave21

Mar 12, 2007, 5:37 PM
yeah i just laughed my freaking A$$ off....ad she slapped me on my shoulder and i said i would sew if she complained about that customer.....
SarahJo

Mar 12, 2007, 5:33 PM
I had a guy call in... he was crying to me about how he was bipolar, suicidal, no one treated him like a human being, and that I was a wonderful woman because I was the only person who has ever been nice to him.

I only asked where he wanted his phone sent!
alcave21

Mar 12, 2007, 5:33 PM
lol.lol.lol.
chocolateman85006

Mar 12, 2007, 5:34 PM
You must sound really hot on the phone!
SarahJo

Mar 12, 2007, 5:35 PM
Psh. Hell yeah. *flips hair back*
chocolateman85006

Mar 12, 2007, 5:42 PM
Not very humble, though ๐Ÿ˜›
SarahJo

Mar 12, 2007, 5:44 PM
No no. I'm modest too. That's why everyone loves me so much. ๐Ÿ˜‰
chocolateman85006

Mar 12, 2007, 6:01 PM
Do you have a twin?
SarahJo

Mar 12, 2007, 6:29 PM
No, why?
chocolateman85006

Mar 12, 2007, 6:46 PM
Just curious.
SarahJo

Mar 12, 2007, 6:46 PM
Oh. Nopers. Good thing too. I'd kill her.
chocolateman85006

Mar 12, 2007, 6:58 PM
A twin of me would be cool.
SarahJo

Mar 12, 2007, 7:02 PM
I'd get annoyed looking at myself when I'm not at a mirror. I'd punch her in the face and make her get plastic surgery to look different ๐Ÿ˜
chocolateman85006

Mar 12, 2007, 7:16 PM
Why? You're fine the way you are & I'm sure Brian agrees too.
SarahJo

Mar 12, 2007, 7:17 PM
Who's Brian?
chocolateman85006

Mar 12, 2007, 7:29 PM
Isn't tht your fiancee's name?
SarahJo

Mar 13, 2007, 10:45 PM
Um, no. It's Dan.

But you get an A for effort!
mapleleaf88

Mar 12, 2007, 5:39 PM
During my first week at the call center, there was a nice old guy I was talking to. He didn't have any children, his wife had died, he already had a cell phone, etc. I thought there was no way I was going to make a sale off of this guy. But then, he said to me 'Well, I have this cat, and he likes to sneak out of the house late at night. I don't mind as long as he doesn't drive home if he's been drinking, but I would like to keep in touch with him. How about we set my cat up with a phone?'

I'm fairly certain he took advantage of the (then 14 day) return policy, but I made a sale off of it, and it made my day.
SarahJo

Mar 12, 2007, 5:40 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ

That's adorable.
Wireless Buddy

Mar 13, 2007, 6:03 PM
Was he sipping the Kool aid?
Q_Q_Q

Mar 12, 2007, 5:45 PM
i had a guy tell me i had no soul because i work for cingular, that was kinda entertaining ๐Ÿคฃ
Foamy

Mar 12, 2007, 5:51 PM
I dunno if I'd say MOST memorable. But it's definitely one I'll remember for a LONG time.

When I work in wireless at best buy I had an older man come up to me from a completely different department. The conversation was mind numbing.

C- I find this music is directed at one generation, and it's not mine! (it was a rap song playing at that moment)

M- ๐Ÿคจ I'm sorry you feel that way.

He just gave me a retarded look and left the store.
chainsaw

Mar 12, 2007, 5:52 PM
I had a lady tell me that I was disgusting and animal like because somehow I told her that I have had sex before marriage. She also told me that I need to start going to church. I told her that she was an animal and it was a bat.
shscaptain1234

Mar 12, 2007, 6:21 PM
I had a customer call (I was on the phones in sales for a while) that was suffering from short term memory loss. His wife wasn't available and he wanted to handle the upgrade. He carefully wrote down everything I said (the call took FOREVER) and at the end of the call he decided to read everything back to me. He got to one point he didn't know what his writing meant. I unfortunally didn't know what he wrote down meant either.
At this point he starts to cry and tell me how rough his life is. He said he doesn't remember anything from the past five years and how it had ruined his life. I didn't know what to say. I tried to let him know it wasn't his fault. Finally what he had meant came to me and I explained it to him. He wrote down a more d...
(continues)
SarahJo

Mar 12, 2007, 6:22 PM
Wow. That's customer service right there.
boredallday

Mar 12, 2007, 6:28 PM
I was reading through our button up script one time while working on the phones and I got to the point where we give them the customer service and activation phone numbers. I asked the guy if he could write them down and he just said he didn't have anything to write on. I told him I could wait while he found something and he said again that he couldn't because he was in the bathroom.
boredallday

Mar 12, 2007, 6:29 PM
I've had some really interesting customer names:

Rudolph Reindeer and Chrismas Carrol
Wireless Buddy

Mar 13, 2007, 6:05 PM
You gotta be kidding me. Christmas Carrol? ๐Ÿคจ
mapleleaf88

Mar 13, 2007, 1:31 PM
Oh! I thought of another!

There was once this lady who worked for a large corporation and was eligible for a pretty hefty discount. As I was getting her the number for corporate sales (the office that would take care of that and set up her discount for her) she freaked out!

"Why should I have to do something to save money!? I told you who I work for, now cut down my bill!"

"Ma'am, you're going to have to provide proof that you actually work there."

"I just TOLD you I work there!"

At that point, I hit my mute button so that I wouldn't burst out laughing right in her... uhh, ear.

"You just hung up on me?! you little $%@#^"

Then she disconnected the call, so that I didn't have to.
Alltel Sales Guy

Mar 13, 2007, 1:59 PM
PISSED OFF THAT THE KEYS ARENT LARGE ENOUGH FOR HER TO READ TOLD HER THAT SHE COULD COME IN AND BUY A PHONE OUTRIGHT THAT WOULD SUIT HER NEEDS BUT I COULD NOT SWAP ONE OUT FOR HER SAID SHE HAS SPOKEN TO SOMEONE NAD THEY WILL PUT HER IN A 6030 TOLD HER THEN TO GO INTO THE STORE AND THEY WOULD HELP HER OUT SHE SAID YOU ARE CUSTOMER SERVICE I SAID YES MAAM BUT I DONT SELL THE PHONES SHE SAID YOU ALLS STORE SUCK LIKE **** AND WHAT SHE IS GOING TO DO IS CANCEL EVERYTHING SEND EVERYHTING BACK TO US AND THEN WE CAN SUCK **** SHE WILL NOT PAY ANYMORE MONEY AND THE TERMINATION FEES I TOLD HER TMOBILE WOULD CHARGE HER THE FEES AND SEH SAID OH WELL THEY CAN SUCK **** TOOOOO TOLD HER TO HAVE A NCE DAY SHE SAID YOU TOO
Foamy

Mar 13, 2007, 2:03 PM
CAPS LOCK IS ANNOYING

And you might wanna try punctuation and some form of structure.
Pr0phet

Mar 13, 2007, 2:21 PM
PUDDING
Foamy

Mar 13, 2007, 2:22 PM
๐Ÿคจ
aavera

Mar 13, 2007, 5:01 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ Reading that is like trying to have a conversation with someone that is on speed. Wow.
Nikoletta

Mar 13, 2007, 6:43 PM
When I was working in the exchange department I had a woman accuse me of trying to kill her (because she was in a wheelchair and had to cross a highway to get to the payphone that she was calling on (which was why she was ordering a phone.)

She was calling because she had read online that we were offering discounts on the Nokia 6010 PrePay kit but she must have gotten a couple of numbers mixed because she ordered a Nokia 6101 instead, which had different discounts. She wanted to 6101 but wanted the 6010 discounts.

When I told her we couldn't give her the discounts for a different phone she started screaming "Cancel the #$)(&% ORDER!" repeatedly until I hung up.
OhFerShure

Mar 14, 2007, 3:37 PM
I had this guy come in to look at our BT's. He was the son of a pawn shop owner appearantly, and he offered me everything he could think of for me to trade him for the 99.99 BT. haha. he was crazy, he was like "do you like diamonds? need a new tv? you help me i'll help you" haha. Then a customer came in and he was like "i understand u cant talk about this right now, so ill wait to you go to lunch" AAAAHHHHHHH

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.