Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

why, Why, WHY!?!?

J0hnnyM

Mar 12, 2007, 11:02 AM
A guy walks in and wants to cancel his contract.

Yea, super, I don't care, go ahead.

I told him to call customer service (I'm a third party dealer) since we can't access any accounts in the store here.

He proceeds to yell "Sprint sucks".
I said "I know".
Then he leaves muttering some more crap.

I wanted to throw my pen at him. Maybe the monitor.
krickt

Mar 12, 2007, 11:08 AM
LOL, we can't do cancellations either.
J0hnnyM

Mar 12, 2007, 11:10 AM
🤣
I wish we could.

I also wish I could throw the phone at him.

I don't care if you think Sprint sucks.
krickt

Mar 12, 2007, 1:11 PM
No, you really don't! If you could, custies would come in acusing you of cancelling them, or of screwimg up their accounts. I much prefer to pass them off to customer service, let them screw it up!
Cymballistix86

Mar 14, 2007, 7:52 PM
Can I get a hell yeah.
averagewhiteboy

Mar 13, 2007, 5:06 PM
I always wonder what a customer thinks our account management screen looks like. It's like they think we have three big buttons, one saying, "pay bill," one saying, "cancel account," an one big red button saying, "SCREW CUSTOMER OVER!"
PhoneyName

Mar 13, 2007, 5:19 PM
I put one of those Staples "Easy" buttons on my counter. When they insist I should do something I can't, I put the button in front of them and tell them to give it a try, 'cause it's not working for me. 🤣
alcave21

Mar 13, 2007, 5:25 PM
lmao.....noice one...my friend....
Nikoletta

Mar 13, 2007, 7:12 PM
Oh My God... that's brilliant. Laugh Out Loud Funny.
oudidntkn0w

Mar 14, 2007, 3:54 PM
we always joke at my store that we want a button like that, but have it say cancel on it.. so when people get all mad and say they are gonna cancel or go to tmo/cingy/etc, we slam it and say "all done, bye bye thatll be $175."
katrina

Mar 12, 2007, 12:56 PM
Man I work for corporate at ******* and only the retention dept here can do cancellations... from what I have seen that's more or less how it is everywhere!
EnterTheWu78

Mar 13, 2007, 5:04 AM
Haha, I hate when people act like they were my activation, and I care.

If its a really slow day and i have nothing better to do, i'll attempt to save them just so I can sharpen my sales/BS skills but other than that who cares.
StarryNight

Mar 13, 2007, 11:30 AM
I love it when people are pissed off and they assume that by dropping their phone on our counter and storming out, they are relieved of their responsibilty to the contract.

Hahahaha....sure you're out of contract....'til you get a $600 bill and a $200 ETF! Have fun with that.
monkeyracer

Mar 13, 2007, 4:10 PM
Corp stores can't either.

what does this guy expect? he's going to go to any other carrier, and realize that they're all basically the same in policy, etc. and want to cancel in 18 months, and think they suck.

I love when cusotmers come in saying we screwed them over for some reason, or that their current carrier is the worst company, etc. Do they not realize that every carrier will charge you a cancellation fee (excluding cricket, prepaid, etc.) or charge you for overage?

I had a lady come in telling us she's going to call Tom Martino (He's nicknamed the troubleshooter, he works for a local tv news team and investigates local businesses that are screwing their customers) when it's too bad that he actually uses our service, and kn...
(continues)
Derek0550

Mar 14, 2007, 1:57 AM
What did the lady say after you told her that?? hahahaha
monkeyracer

Mar 15, 2007, 1:50 PM
she just stormed out, never heard anything more about it
cilvzwagent

Mar 13, 2007, 5:11 PM
I had a customer last week call me. Said that because we don't consider a phone drawing moisture "natural causes" he's going to cancel both his lines and switch carriers instead of trying a $30 battery. The battery he has had previously been dunked in liquid. He seemed to think like I need to treat his cancelling 2 lines that he only pays for when his lines are shut off, as a life/death situation. Please....I got better things to worry about. Me giving him that battery isn't worth losing my job over. I mean seriously, if I can't work here anymore...who would be here to sit and listen to all the stupid customers all day long??????????? I love my faithful ignorant customers......they're the best!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.