Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Grandparents

krickt

Mar 10, 2007, 2:46 PM
Okay, today has been nuts! I'm assuming everyone else is busy since there haven't been many posts today.

Let me tell you about my favorite custie of the day! This is long, but nobody's in here anyway, so who cares.

Child(about 11) and Grandfather come in and belly up to my counter.

GF: This phone is broke again, what are you going to do about it!

Me: What's wrong with it?

Ch: The same thing as last time!

Me: And what was that?

Ch: You don't remember?

Me: I've sold hundreds of phones, and turned in almost 15 a month in for warranty, I can't remember anything. What's the name on the contract and I'll look it up.

Child gives name, I find it and get the history of the phone.

Me: So is the mike messing up again?...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Mar 10, 2007, 2:58 PM
🙂
krickt

Mar 10, 2007, 3:00 PM
Why, yes, yes he was. He was also annoying. I don't mind old people, just crabby old people. I'm more inclined to believe that it's the testosterone part of him at fault. He couldn't hear a word I said, and mostly because he figured that my having boobs counteracted the possibility of me having a brain. (He's been in the store before.)
craptacularwireless

Mar 10, 2007, 3:04 PM
I don't think you can blame testosterone for this, elderly men produce as much testosterone as a prepubescent boy, which is to say not very much.
krickt

Mar 10, 2007, 3:14 PM
lol, but they are messed up from the get go.... I know. I have given birth to one, and married one (not in that order). And they are messed up from the get go! This particular one just hacks me off to no end, and I was enjoying him leaving with his tail between his legs.
Enamored777

Mar 10, 2007, 5:09 PM
i beg to differ. i saw this one video on youtube where these two super old guys (like 70 at least) duked it out. it was the funniest thing, one guy whipped out a knife and tried to shank the other dude, but he swung and missed and landed HARD on his hip. he was sceaming bloody murder hahahahahaha 🤣
craptacularwireless

Mar 12, 2007, 2:21 PM
That has nothing to do with testosterone levels. That has to do with temper.
DJ Parkay

Mar 10, 2007, 7:31 PM
You guys phix phones? Bawhahahaha
krickt

Mar 12, 2007, 9:37 AM
Well, we can sometimes clean them out and replace speakers and mikes and things like that. On some models we can replace screens (if we have one in stock). But yeah, we fix phones.
krickt

Mar 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
The Grandmother (the one who actually has the account) just called to tell us that she doesn't appreciate they way we treated her grandchild and husband. I asked exactly how they were treated, and explained that I was nothing but polite, and that we repaired her grandchild's phone that had been very obviously abused. She said that it would have been nicer of us just to replace the phone. I asked her how that was a good business practice, and she couldn't answer. I told her that we were happy to help, and did so cheerfully and politely. She was still huffy, but hung up. No one has said thank you yet. Isn't that the polite thing to say when someone gets you out of a mess and then doesn't charge you anything. GEEZ!
craptacularwireless

Mar 12, 2007, 2:23 PM
Next time you should just set the phone on the ground and stomp on it.
krickt

Mar 12, 2007, 2:29 PM
lol, I don't think they'll be back for a while. The Grandfather seemed thouroughly abashed at being shown evidence of abuse in the phone, and the grandchild couldn't get out of the store quick enough. Since that phone is the only one of that model we've had problems with, and it's now not covered by warranty, I doubt they'll be back any time soon.
craptacularwireless

Mar 12, 2007, 2:35 PM
Unless of course they completely destroy the phone. Then they'll be back saying that your dad put a time bomb in the phone.
krickt

Mar 12, 2007, 3:19 PM
lol. I dare them.
kapwww

Mar 12, 2007, 3:48 PM
I love seeing people put in their place, but I have to say, I'm not surprised that none of them would apologize. People who make empty threats aren't the type to apologize. Great story...
krickt

Mar 12, 2007, 4:43 PM
We have a special file for these people. It's all by itself in a separate file cabinet filed under AH. There are only 3 so far in that file, the rest have resolved themselves. We're about to add a 4th one, however. That story later when it comes to a head.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.