Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

So I noticed this option/setting in the phone..

mallbound

Feb 23, 2007, 8:19 PM
"What does it do?"

Do people seriously expect us to know every single detail about every single phone we sell. I for the life of my have no idea what pc sync means on sanyo phones. I have never tried it. My current phone has a micro sD card and I've played with that. But seriously people, I can't possibly know everything and it's no reason to get all mad because I can't figure out what it is. The manufacturers don't give us lessons specifically on each model and how to do everything. If it's not in the owners manual I won't be able to help you. 👿
MrAbstracto

Feb 23, 2007, 8:24 PM
I've never even seen a sanyo phone but I bet I could tell you what 'pc sync' means... 🙄 sounds pretty self explanatory to me.
mallbound

Feb 23, 2007, 9:01 PM
If you have the cable and if.. well I have never tried it and I guess teh customer didn't want to be the first of us two to try it.
krickt

Feb 24, 2007, 10:29 AM
Sanyo = Sprint, right? I'm sure that it's not crippled, so the right USB cable and the manual should do the trick. And for the customer, no I'm not going to set it up on my computer so that you can see how it's done. If you need pc sync, you either know, or are willing to follow the directions to use it.
mallbound

Feb 24, 2007, 11:38 AM
The owners manual actually doesn't mention the PC sync function at all. There are no directions. I even checked the most current version on the Sanyo website.

fyi, its the Sanyo 2300
option32

Feb 26, 2007, 12:43 PM
the "pc sync" on sanyos is a way to manage your phonebook/contacts/calendar ect ect. Also used for modem purposes.
Q_Q_Q

Feb 23, 2007, 8:24 PM
pc sync allows you to connect to your computer and transfer files like poictures and music to your phone, i think you need a bluetooth usb for but im not too sure..... just for future reference
mallbound

Feb 23, 2007, 8:37 PM
The phone doesn't have bluetooth and the customer doesn't want to try getting a usb to sanyo cable to see what all it does. Since it's a lower end phone chances are its just a possible contact backup option. Since I couldn't gaurantee him what all it can transfer he didn't want the cable. From what I have tried with other sanyo phones it really doesn't do anything. I know the option sounds simplistic but it's operation isn't.
Q_Q_Q

Feb 23, 2007, 8:41 PM
meh, its not something most people really need to know about anyways, custies probably tring to learn so he can sound smart when hes talking to his friends
mallbound

Feb 23, 2007, 8:59 PM
I think he was hoping it would be an easy way around having to download ringers that we charge him for. Can't say I blame him. $2.50 a ringer adds up, especially when we don't have a good version of Scotty Doesn't Know (man I want that as a ringer)
xmatt02x

Feb 23, 2007, 9:01 PM
that would be an awesome ringer! actually you can just put it on your memory card and use it as a ringer
mallbound

Feb 23, 2007, 9:05 PM
too bad my phone doesn't support that. Although i heard if I get a bluetooth adapter for my comp I can do it that way. my mem card only supports the media player and can store a copy of my phonebook. Well that and pictures and videos, it has a lot of those too.
xmatt02x

Feb 23, 2007, 9:14 PM
☹️ Hmm.. the bluetooth idea might work. My friends laptop has bluetooth on it and she transfers music all the time
mallbound

Feb 23, 2007, 9:25 PM
Yeah I've heard from other csts that the bluetooth works on other phones we have, so might as well as give it a shot. They really neutered what all my phone can do unfortuntely ☹️
3g-g-g-unit

Feb 25, 2007, 5:17 PM
Wow...!!!

Almost any phone I've ever seen in the past 5 years has a sync option (it's not in the menus of all the phones, but the option is there) via USB, which is why proprietary USB cables are sold for so many phone models. Some require software to use this (i.e. Motorola Phone Tools).

This allows the phone and cpu to communicate and transfer data such as photos, ringtones, or sync your contacts to Outlook, etc. Also allows for your phone to be utilized as a modem if capable (right now I run speeds off my phone faster

You can also get a usb bluetooth adapter (also known as a usb dongle) which basically allows you to do all of the above wirelessly.
computerking

Feb 24, 2007, 11:00 AM
came up and was semi upset because I didnt tell him when he purchased his new phone that it beeped when the battery was low.

So much for common knowledge!

He sayed it was my job to explain EVERYTHING that a phone will do or is capable of, and I explained that it would take hours upon hours to explain just alittle part of what each phone could do. Yet of course he didnt understand completely that it is not possible.
krickt

Feb 24, 2007, 11:21 AM
Yup, and heaven forbid they go to Motorola after having any other brand. That thing beeps if the temp falls.

In reverse, I had a custy change from Nokia to Motorola because it didn't beep the same.
jalanjalaning

Feb 24, 2007, 11:50 AM
that's why it's important for the customers to have questions ready... i can't possibly tell you every detail of the phone, but if you ask about what is important to you (i.e. multiple alarms, vibe & ring) if you care about details like that then you should think to ask about it... otherwise i'm going to give you an overview...

it's all about asking the right questions... but the only questions they have is something like "does it come in red?"
Crapbag

Feb 24, 2007, 10:08 PM
I had one get mad at me because when he upgraded I didn't explain to him that in the event that he return everything it would take up to three days for his account to be adjusted back to being eligable for an upgrade. He like your customer said I should have told him this before he upgraded. Of course I like you explained the time constraints not to mention he probably would have still gone through with it as he had no alternatives!
Hombre07

Feb 25, 2007, 12:59 AM
I had one today bring back a CU500 because the screen would not stay lit at all times, he couldn't see the time. And hitting a button is too much work for it. He actually said that. Took him 29 days to realize that. Fine with me though, he did an even swap to a Sam C417 and didn't mind one bit.
supermep

Feb 24, 2007, 2:07 PM
Sadly no matter what phone you put in front of me I can figure out how to use it pretty dang fast. Don't know how, but thats just my thing I guess. Give me about ten minutes to play with the thing and I could pretty much do anything you'd want on it. You'd be amazed how similar everything is on ALL the phones regardless of carrier. Now all we need to do is get them to decide on whether green/red keys or soft keys are better.
blusdrmr

Feb 26, 2007, 2:17 PM
"Well, sir/ma'am that is the RTFM setting."

"RTFM?"

"Read The F****** Manual."
krickt

Feb 26, 2007, 3:13 PM
lol.... We leave the f out, but use the same acronym.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.