Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Verizon Call Timer

Alioop

Sep 14, 2004, 3:59 PM
Is there anyway to reset the call timer on Verizon phones?
GWFOX

Sep 15, 2004, 9:45 AM
You can reset all the timers EXCEPT the lifetime (all calls) timer. That one is in there to show if the phone has been used.

Keeps those unscrupulous people from selling used phones as "new" on ebay and in the stores.
Alioop

Sep 16, 2004, 5:25 PM
i just wanted to know cuz a friend bought a phone from a retailer (I told him to go to Verizon direct) and they imposed a 30 min. time limit. Go over the 30 min. and the phone is not returnable. Its under the 14 day trial but.....oh well....I guess he'll just have to eat the cancellation fee.
GWFOX

Sep 17, 2004, 9:33 AM
no way!

If it is under the 14 days you can cancel with VZW itself and get no termination fee.

I don't know what rinky-dink dealership he got the phone from but IMHO 30 min use and no return seems kinda illegal to me. The REASON they said no returns after 30 minutes is cause by law they HAVE to sell that phone as a "refurbished" or "used" phone. Under 30 min they can sell it as a brand new one. Things like this can be reported to VZW and cite that the dealership is disreputable. Each dealer is contract obligated with VZW. I'm not exactly sure where to report it.

Check all the paperwork he/she signed. Make sure there is no "30 min" clause on the dealership paper.

My auth retailer will take phones back w/in that 14 days but if you g...
(continues)
Alioop

Sep 17, 2004, 4:09 PM
Thanks, I didnt know that. I work in Upstate NY and it seems almost all retailers apply this 175 to 200 dollar fee upon cancellation. If you do find out the number to contact at Verizon please post it however. It would be greatly appreciated.
BBKahuna

Sep 28, 2004, 5:26 PM
Let's be clear:

There are *no* Authorized Agents with which if you return the phone within the 15 day period Verizon won't credit the ETF.

On the OTHER hand, SOME Authorized Agents have their own separate and secondary contracts that say beyond a certain amount of use THEY will bill you a separate fee.
HolmesSPH

Sep 29, 2004, 4:17 PM
I am an Agent, and we sign thru Telecheck. The way the agreements works is that they have three days to test the phone out. Thats its, not 15, once they have the line however and they have been past the three days they have to keep it for 6 months otherwise they will get charged back for 250 per phone and then the 175 cancelation fee. This is handy because it allows us to keep cheaper prices and be much more competitive, and it helps the salesmen because we will never ever see charge back on our paychecks!!!
GWFOX

Oct 2, 2004, 10:41 AM
Handy?

You are screwing the customer. Most people have to work and are unable to test a phone out. 3 days is NO WHERE NEAR enough time to properly test a phone. We charge $200 in addition to the $175 of VZW cancel fee BUT only if the customer cancels within the first physical 12 months.

We give 15 full days at our reputable auth retailer. The same amount of time you have to test the VZW service and decide to cancel or keep it. We only charge a restock fee if the customer uses more than 300 minutes on the phone or they chop up the box or are missing accessories. We are EXTREMELY profitable this way.

Most "dealers" and not "auth retailers" give such limited time so they don't have to take a phone back with 30 minutes to sell it as a u...
(continues)
BlueHFX

Aug 30, 2005, 7:50 AM
With any carrier no matter what it is generally third party dealers can and many will have secondary agreements. Many former attws dealers did as do cingular dealers do. if you are getting a phone cheaper at a third party dealer there is usually a catch. Remember they make their money of the commission of the service they sell hardly any money on the phone since they do not get the phone you got for free, free they probably paid 150 dollars or more for it. If you do not like third party contracts, then pay a bit more and deal directly with the company.
Nikoletta

Sep 25, 2005, 2:07 PM
Seems like that ruins the point of the companies trial period and sounds just downright low. But then I do warn people to make sure they read EVERY TINY BIT of information on the paperwork before they sign if they are going to go to a Third Party Dealer ("Well this place at the mall has the RAZR free.") I know in some states that's not even legal.
mickey-vzw

Sep 23, 2005, 10:26 AM
Alioop said:
Thanks, I didnt know that. I work in Upstate NY and it seems almost all retailers apply this 175 to 200 dollar fee upon cancellation. If you do find out the number to contact at Verizon please post it however. It would be greatly appreciated.

Hey i work for vzw and the number to contact us is 1-800-922-0204 and there is a limit on how many mins are used on the phone b4 you can return it within the 15 day guaranteed
alejandro

Sep 23, 2005, 5:13 PM
that post was a year old dude... you need a better internet connection or you need to remember what year you are in.
freedomrep

Aug 23, 2005, 4:57 PM
Actually, Vzw return policiy is 15 day. U know our "15 day worry-free". However, authorized agents are allowed to determine their own return policiy in regards to equipment purchased at time of act. The contract may be cancelled but most authorized agents have customers sign another agreement that covers the line of service for 6 mo.
deadd

Aug 30, 2005, 12:45 AM
Heh...RadioShack sells used phones as new...All phones that get returned that were activated go right back into the box, and resold as NEW.
FMRadio

Sep 30, 2004, 12:22 PM
Trying to locate a friend that has a SprintPCS phone. Anyone work for the call center or know of a way to find out number?
jss6801

Sep 30, 2004, 12:51 PM
I hope they don't give you the number. Sprint could get sued if employees are giving out personal info. Good Luck!
dsmith5237

Oct 10, 2004, 8:53 PM
Um, how about no. People that seek information like that are usually stalkers or a jaded ex or both. If they were truly your friend they would give you their phone number.
lorilicious

Sep 24, 2005, 8:18 AM
Dude! this is nuts! If this person was really YOUR friend you shouldn't have to sneak up on a call center employee to get the digits.
How do they know you are not a stalker, a rapist or a killer? I'm not calling you any of those things but with today's society do you EVEN think that someone is going to risk their job? Good luck dude!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.