Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

TMS

DJ Parkay

Feb 5, 2007, 3:38 PM
👿
the mobile solution should be called the mobile problem

anyone else a direct dealer that hates cleaning up after the indirects?
kiosk_hell

Feb 5, 2007, 3:45 PM
I hate cleaning up after other corporate stores in our area even more. I just spent half an hour explaining basic things a customer should be told when they sign up for service. This lady didn't have a clue what any of our policies were, what exactly she had on her plan, what her phones could do, nothing! I'm so glad someone couldn't be bothered to do their job when they were activating this lady a week ago. 👿
MrAbstracto

Feb 5, 2007, 9:01 PM
you overestimate your customers intelligence and honesty.
kiosk_hell

Feb 6, 2007, 10:43 AM
True, but the reps one town over are always pulling shady BS and not educating the customer. They only care about sales and their manager seems to encourage their behavior.
joepatterson

Feb 5, 2007, 4:41 PM
At least 4 times a week I have to clean up a problem that The Mobile Solutions has created. The biggest problem has been people that have gone there and tried to upgrade a phone, and have had an extra line added to their account without their knowledge. The real kicker is they usually sign the contract without reading it, making it impossible for me to help them.
Foamy

Feb 5, 2007, 4:43 PM
Ya know, I've never dealt with TMS, or anything really pertaining to them. Though, in my time here I've learned of the shady practices of that company and their ethics, or lack thereof.

TMS is a company that has no problem doing whatever it takes to make money, flat out.

On that note, not all indirects are like TMS. In fact, most aren't. But you're not going to make a thread about an indirect that did their job right, because if we truly do our job properly, you'll never know we exist because you'll never hear from our customers.

Bottom line is this: don't generalize. Because generally, you're wrong.
krickt

Feb 5, 2007, 6:25 PM
AMEN, Brother! Preach it to me!
DJ Parkay

Feb 5, 2007, 8:19 PM
Thanks mother, and yes I remembered to wipe after I crapped too.
DJ Parkay

Feb 5, 2007, 8:45 PM
And by the way if you never dealt with TMS or whatever; a rule of thumb for you is dont run your mouth about stuff you dont know about.
playa...
Crapbag

Feb 5, 2007, 9:06 PM
DJ Parkay said:
👿
the mobile solution should be called the mobile problem

anyone else a direct dealer that hates cleaning up after the indirects?

Foamy said:
On that note, not all indirects are like TMS. In fact, most aren't.

His point was that you made a generalization about all indirects being similar to TMS. Most indirects operate on a high level of honesty and integrity. You called that honesty and integrity into question.
zon hon

Apr 12, 2007, 3:16 PM
As a former employee of TMS, let me just say watch out if you decide to get T-mobile. I started working for them because they said the money was good there. I only worked there for 2 months and let me tell you that they are shady. Some reps closed a customer for one line and told them that they were only getting one line and wind up getting five lines. They put the other four phones in the trunk of their cars. People that had deposits somehow vanished into no deposits. On upgrades, they added lines without the customer knowing. I was the only honest guy working there. When I approached my regional of what was going on, he said that he would handle it. A week later I was fired.
jalanjalaning

Apr 14, 2007, 9:15 AM
well it might be good to have a short stay at TMS on your resume when attempting to get a new job in the cell industry so you can tell your interviewer about how you discovered the shady behavior and that you brought it to your boss's attention resulting in your termination... that shows them that you know right from wrong and have good ethics...
just trying to look on the bright side!
yodude

Apr 12, 2007, 9:10 PM
I will personally send someone to direct if I know they can get a better deal. I will even walk with them over and explain the situation to the direct rep if I need to. I don't mind doing it because I know that if they have a question with anything or want to refer anyone to get Verizon, they will come to me or at least my store because I have integrity and I will deal honestly. I have gained customers for life with my customer service and that is an accomplishment in this time. And yes, I sound ****y, but it's true. haha. When I worked at the VZW call center I had complete strangers crying when I told them I had options or just treated them with respect that they would call my supe and gush about how nice I was, even if I was telling them a...
(continues)
averagewhiteboy

Feb 5, 2007, 6:22 PM
Haha, this thread is AWESOME!!!

Where is everyone from? Is this a nationwide epidemic? I thought it was just in my region. We have customers come in all the time wondering why their bill is so high.

Me- "Well, you have a $35 activation fee for your second line."

Cust- "A what? I only have one line!!!"

Me- "Actually, you hve two active lines on your account."

Cust- "I just did an upgrade, but I only have one line on my account!!!"

Me- "Aaaahhhh, I understand now....."

Is it bad that I have all of TMS' dealer codes in my region memorized?????

Do they teach such shadiness in their trainings or does it just get passed on from "sales rep" to "sales rep??"
DJ Parkay

Feb 5, 2007, 8:47 PM
Yes in a prior post a former TMS employee admitted that during their training they are told to activate new lines without telling the customer when they ask to do an upgrade there. What a bunch of richards.
frankiewawa

Feb 6, 2007, 11:08 AM
You mean cleaning up after morons. Not indirects. When I worked for a vzw agent we cleaned up for some problems at the corporate end too. You can't generalise a few peoples stupidity and call all agents that.
yodude

Apr 12, 2007, 3:20 PM
hon, it's not indirects in general, it's The Mobile Solution. i had an interview with them and they asked me flat out if i'm a good liar. No joke. They said it's a highly competitive business and we will be on top. Can you do whatever it takes to be the best? Even if it requires lying to a customer? I said nope, I wont lie to pay my bills. I stood up and walked out.
ABLINDKID

Apr 13, 2007, 10:35 PM
you know working for verizon fixing phones i have run into alot of problems with indirect agents, but a couple i have talked to are acually really good at what they do, so you cant call all indirects shady, yes there all some indirects and some corporate companys that are shady, i work in the boston area, and the store i work in right now it probably one of the best the store management listens in to sales reps and customer reps to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to, mostly disclosing information about what they are buying, and recently i have had to call some indirects becuase the customer claimed they were told one thing and thought it was the other, but when i called the indirect they made it up to the customer by upgradin...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.