Home  ›  Forums  ›

Java

all discussions

Looking for MIDP 2.0 enabled CDMA Phones

a_mancourb

Jun 28, 2004, 1:16 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find CDMA phones that support MIDP 2.0 and their SDK?

Thanks,

a_mancourb 🙂
Hello2

Nov 26, 2004, 5:25 AM
I think the Sanyo 5600 will
FifthE1ement

Dec 5, 2005, 2:50 PM
Nokia 6255i is MIDP 2.0! They even have a PS1 type snowboarding game that comes with the phone that looks like a PS1 port!
halo

Dec 8, 2005, 9:04 PM
Problem is is that you can't install non-Sprint MIDP 2.0 applications onto a Sprint phone. Wait, scratch that, you can certainly install, but many of the MIDP 2.0 specific API calls will cause your application to suddenly quit because that application does not have a VeriSign Java Level 3 Certificate that costs $400 to developers. I believe non-Sprint apps can't access the Java 3D, Bluetooth (not even sure if Sprint phones themselves support it), PIM (aka contacts), multimedia (playing mp3 and aac streams off of the web) and File-access APIs (again, not sure if its supported) without the certificate.
spider0526

Mar 17, 2006, 11:56 PM
sony ericsson z500a

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.