Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

More specs on phones needed

aviduzer

Sep 7, 2004, 2:31 PM
For me, i would like to see some more detailed specs about phones....mainly the RF ---that way i can see if it will pick up better signal than another phone. i know its hard to attain some of this information but it could def. be up there after the phone is released with the carrier...

ps...unrelated--i would have to say from personal experience that the motorola v710 is HALF duplex
DSM4Life

Sep 7, 2004, 3:17 PM
i dont think that there really is anyway to test RF. The only reason i am saying that is because when they test them they put them in PERFECT signal conditions so they get the longest battery life etc and they can print that on the box. We all know the phone doesnt get whats on the box. So even if they were to get you that signal im sure it would be another false number.

Also i heard 710 was half duplex or at least acts the same way.
Rich Brome

Sep 7, 2004, 3:21 PM
I agree, that would be great. Unfortunately, that would require pretty in-depth, time-consuming (in other words, expensive) testing of each phone.

I'm just a one-person business right now. To seriously test RF performance, and really do it right, would probably require hiring two full-time employees.

It's kind of hard to justify that, especially when you can already get a basic idea of RF performance just by reading reports from other people in the User Reviews and Forums.

It's a nice thought, though, and I appreciate the feedback. 🙂 Thanks!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.