Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Brand-specific Headset Jacks--Nokia

portdevoix

Oct 25, 2003, 5:06 PM
Will anyone tell me why Nokia has THREE types of headset jacks out there? And why isn't it THE RULE to have phones equipped with a STANDARD 2.5 mm mini jack, instead of all these propietary headset jacks? I have sensitive ears, and it's become a royal pain, trying to find a headset that will fit both my ears and my otherwise perfectly serviceable 6610. When I used Sprint, all three phones I owned had standard mini jacks, and it was easy and relatively inexpensive to find a headset that didn't hurt my ear. Now, I think I have only three headsets to choose from, and I'll be damned if I spend $20-30 on a headset that won't allow me to talk comfortably on the road for hours at a time...

GRRRRRR 😡 😡 😡
Myth

Oct 25, 2003, 5:39 PM
portdevoix said:
Will anyone tell me why Nokia has THREE types of headset jacks out there? And why isn't it THE RULE to have phones equipped with a STANDARD 2.5 mm mini jack, instead of all these proprietary headset jacks?

I know there are Siemens-to-2.5 adapters out there. I would think there are Nokia-to-2.5 adapters as well.

That would enable you to use your already-found comfortable headset with your new phone.
AtillaThePun

Oct 25, 2003, 11:10 PM
I have seen a generic Nokia-2.5 mm adapter from ... crud, I can't remember the name right now. It's the company that makes all the commercial headsets (if you've ever worked in a call center).
mright123

Oct 26, 2003, 6:22 PM
Probably Avaya.. That is the most common call-center branded headset and/or amp.

Mright123

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.