Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Revamped Compare Interface

Rich Brome

Jul 22, 2004, 9:32 PM
I just launched a totally revamped interface to the side-by-side phone comparison feature.

The old way was pretty non-obvious, non-intuitive, and cumbersome. A lot of people probably didn't even know the feature existed. The link was hard to find, and you had to jump all around the site just to select a couple of phones to compare. It was like a scavenger hunt or something. It sucked, I admit. 🤭 Sorry.

Anyway, now there's a big, obvious "Compare Phones" link on the main "Phones" page (which has also been revamped). That takes you to a new page where you can select all the phones at once. And the results page now has easy "add" and "remove" links.

Oh, and you can now compare up to 5 phones at once. 🙂 (The max was 3 before.)

(continues)
muchdrama

Jul 23, 2004, 5:25 PM
Rich Brome said:
I just launched a totally revamped interface to the side-by-side phone comparison feature.

The old way was pretty non-obvious, non-intuitive, and cumbersome. A lot of people probably didn't even know the feature existed. The link was hard to find, and you had to jump all around the site just to select a couple of phones to compare. It was like a scavenger hunt or something. It sucked, I admit. 🤭 Sorry.

Anyway, now there's a big, obvious "Compare Phones" link on the main "Phones" page (which has also been revamped). That takes you to a new page where you can select all the phones at once. And the results page now has easy "add" and "remove" links.

Oh, and you can now compare up to 5 phones at
(continues)
sammy2

Jul 26, 2004, 12:30 PM
Bravo - wonderfuly done!

If I were to tweek it further I would suggest a link off each phone result to take a look at the reviews of a particular phone. Intuitively I would expect someone to identify the features they want, do the search and then take a look at what others have been saying about the phones that came up. Maybe include a link off each feature choice on the prior page to clarify what the feature is all about.🙂
Rich Brome

Jul 26, 2004, 10:41 PM
Hrmm... 😕 ...it sounds like you're talking about the Phone Finder, is that right? All of what you suggested is already part of the Compare feature.

If you were talking about the Finder, that's on the to-do list for a revamp, but this thread is actually about the Compare feature:

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare_select.php »

I do want to link the two when I re-do the Phone Finder. Once you get results in the Finder, you'll be able to select phones to jump straight into a side-by-side comparison. They may integrate even more... we'll have to see. 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.