Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Ability To Delete

Whitehorse

Jul 9, 2006, 8:06 PM
Wondering what it would take to get the ability to delete posts?
everman

Jul 10, 2006, 2:56 AM
Nothing. This isnt that kind of forum. Those kind of moderator positions arent available here. It has to do with the programming used to create and maintain this site.
The only reason I am answering this is because it has been answered before.
Rich Brome

Jul 10, 2006, 10:46 AM
Do you mean your own posts, or other people's posts?
everman

Jul 10, 2006, 12:07 PM
Rich Brome said:
Do you mean your own posts, or other people's posts?

I would like the ability to delete my own posts.
alejandro

Jul 10, 2006, 1:28 PM
he meant his post where he ruined the world cup results in a thread saying not to ruin it, i wanted to report the post to get it deleted but i knew it wouldnt be in time.
Whitehorse

Jul 10, 2006, 8:50 PM
Only my own posts, alejandro is right, I messed up with the world cup thread...
Rich Brome

Jul 11, 2006, 1:23 PM
That's on the to-do list.

I have to admit it's not our top priority, but it's something we'd like to do at some point.

The way it would probably work is you would only be able to delete it if no one had replied yet.

...or we might just have an edit feature instead. People would be able to click a link and see the original message, but by default they'd see the edited version. Then if you wanted to "delete" a message, you could just edit it to "nevermind", etc. That way there would always be a record of the original, so people couldn't say outrageous things, then change it and lie about what they said originally.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 11, 2006, 2:04 PM
Rich Brome said:

That way there would always be a record of the original, so people couldn't say outrageous things, then change it and lie about what they said originally.

Hallelujah.
spum

Jul 11, 2006, 2:04 PM
If it's an either/or thing, I think it'd be most beneficial to put in an Edit function. That would clear up a lot of, "I meant to say..." posts.
newfette

Jul 12, 2006, 8:04 AM
I'm all about the edit thing..

My freudian Mind sometimes takes over and i would love to edit that.. lol 🤭
sowhatsowhat10

Jul 12, 2006, 11:13 AM
🤣
Whitehorse

Jul 14, 2006, 3:55 PM
Sounds good, especially if one could edit their subject line... Thanks!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.