Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Slow loading?

computerking

Jun 14, 2006, 11:03 AM
Is there any reason the site should be running slow, or is anyone else having problems?

All other sites seem to be fine, just phone scoop has been taking forever to load each page.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jun 14, 2006, 11:41 AM
I would have to say your computer sucks.
computerking

Jun 14, 2006, 11:55 AM
It just started doing this about a week ago, no virus's, spyware or adware can be found on the system.

I know the computer sucks and we need a new one, which is in process (I hope soon).

I wonder if the owners McAfee update did it?
KrazyJoe

Jun 14, 2006, 1:21 PM
Well, if you have unrestricted internet access it may be a certain ad server is loading really slow for you.

Those of us who are firewalled don't have to wait for those ads to load since their from a separate server.
computerking

Jun 14, 2006, 3:32 PM
Nope, I have full net access.

I'm a private agent and I know more about computers then the owner does, so I take care of everything.
KrazyJoe

Jun 14, 2006, 5:29 PM
Then you may want to consider a program like Norton Internet Security or something along those lines. Use the as blocker tool and it'll stop the banner ads from even loading, that should help you out quite a bit. If that doesn't do it, then the problems lines within.
Rich Brome

Jun 14, 2006, 8:37 PM
It's plenty speedy here, and I'm about 1,300 miles from the servers.

Anyone else have speed issues with the site?
katman_blue

Jun 14, 2006, 9:11 PM
I get it sometimes where the page will take a couple minutes to load, or not load at all and the screen will remain completely white. I usually dont wait for it, I close the browser and just re-open phonescoop and it works fine...but I have to re-log in. It doesnt really bother me too much though
Don.Mike

Jun 15, 2006, 8:29 AM
i have the same problem as katman. when it works it's speedy, but occassionally it just locks up and won't load a page or any other link i click. takes a minute or 2. typically i just close the browser and open it again. this is with firefox. doesn't seem to happen with other sites, but i don't navigate around other sites as much as i do with this one for as long as i do here either.
guido1869

Jun 20, 2006, 2:59 PM
mine just started to do the same thing,
also when i click on a post to read it it takes a while then says done on the bottom info bar as if it took me there but didn't,
have to close window then reopen, did it at least 30 times today ☹️
cingcing

Jun 20, 2006, 3:15 PM
It has been happening off and on for the last couple of weeks here. Not like today though, it has gotten really bad.
Don.Mike

Jun 24, 2006, 4:27 PM
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
posted by my esteemed colleague and new Don of the lounge, Don.Mobile (introductions follow). after awhile i need to close my browser and reopen it etc... and it appears other are too. is there some congestion with your coding or something? not criticising but i've seen sites where they do a lot of work and updates and it ends up causing a browser to lag with repetitive or overwritten code.
alejandro

Jun 24, 2006, 5:45 PM
espn's site for the games have been doing that too
Don.Mike

Jun 24, 2006, 5:54 PM
probably thrown together real quick.
'oh crap, the world cup? that's this year? we need to get a site together to make advertising money!'.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.