printed April 23, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=1&fi=5777

Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

Back to message list

Forum Rules / Moderation

by Rich Brome (Moderator)    Nov 26, 2003, 2:54 AM

Since the new site and new forums launched over a month ago, the forums have been basically unmoderated. Part of the promise of the new forums was moderation, but I've been totally blown away by the level of civility in most of the forums. For a site this size to go five weeks with no really serious offensive posts, it simply amazing Shocked . You guys are awesome! Very Happy I definitely feel like we have the beginnings of a great community here.

However, the inevitable has finally happened, and I've finally had to step in and remove some messages. Sad

So I wanted to let everyone know what's okay and what's not; what you can expect to be deleted, and what I'll leave alone. The official "forum rules" are located in the site's Terms of Use (see link on the left), but here are some general guidelines:

What I WILL DELETE without notice:
  • Profane / offensive language

• Personal attacks / threats

• Commercial messages / spam

What I WON'T delete:
  • Negative opinions / rants

• Opinions I disagree with

• Falsehoods (incorrect facts), unless it constitutes libel or slander

I believe in free and open discussion, which definitely includes different opinions, including very negative ones. But there have to be certain limits. It has to stay civilized.

Threads can wander off-topic, (the hierarchical message structure here is actually great for that,) but when it sinks to just petty name-calling, that's different. If it can be classified as a "personal attack", expect it to disappear without warning. If you disagree with someone, challenge the idea, not the person.

With that said, I will try to do my part to keep things civilized, but I can't monitor all of the forums every day, (there are over 140 active forums! Shocked ) so I need your help.

If you see a message that you think truly "crosses the line" and fits the criteria above, please take a moment to use the new "Report this message to the moderator" link at the bottom of the page.

With your help, we can keep things civilized and make this best cell-phone community on the web!

One final word - although I'm the only moderator at the moment, this isn't a dictatorship. If you have thoughts or suggestions on how the forums are run, speak up! I want to make this the best community it can be, and that can only happen with open communication and a healthy flow of feedback.

Thanks! Very Happy

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.