Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 15 replies

An Idea for the forums

theDMan

May 15, 2004, 12:49 PM
I had the idea that perhaps its time that a forum is created for reps. I have noticed over the last 6 month's that it seems to be very rare that an actual wireless customer asks a question in the forums anymore. At least in the AWS forum this sems to be the case. All it seems to be is either reps having a collective B!^#$ session or reps asking questions to each other, perhaps its time we set aside a section for this. Maybe everyoe else likes it the way it is and that's fine too but it just seems like the whole purpose of the forums has changed and it might be nice to have a little of that back.
Rich Brome

May 15, 2004, 4:40 PM
That's a really good idea. 😎

I will definitely look into that. I'm slammed for time right now, if I don't get to it in the next week or so, remind me about that. Seriously.

Thanks for the excellent feedback! 🙂
theDMan

May 15, 2004, 5:08 PM
Thanks, it's always nice to know that feedback is read and appreciated, it's an excellent site so I have no problem making useful suggestions for making it better. And yes I will admit to being a rep who likes to vent, but I just think that the carrier forums should be given back to the consumer.
Rich Brome

May 18, 2004, 11:44 AM
Okay, so I want to do this, but I'm hung up on what to call it. 😕 "Employee Issues", maybe? Any better suggestions?
theDMan

May 18, 2004, 11:50 PM
HMMM, good question, any way to take like 3 or 4 and do a poll for public opinion. Personally I think B!tch session still sums it up best, military mindset, forgive me. I'm gonna bust my brain on it tonight and post a couple of suggestions tomorrow. This is only like the second time I had a chance to get on this site today so most of my day is gone. Maybe "The Ranter's Retreat", I'm thinking something that most people will be able to discern what it's purpose is just from the name.
bacherry

May 19, 2004, 10:16 PM
Just jumping in on this post here but what about "the Employee Lounge" or The Watercooler" something pertaining to employees
Rich Brome

May 19, 2004, 11:37 PM
I thought about "Employee Lounge", but we already have the "Lounge" for off-topic (totally non-industry) discussions, and I thought that might not be clear enough. I want this new forum to be for carrier-employee-related discussions, but not totally off-topic stuff - that's what the "Lounge" is for.

The Watercooler is a good suggestion. 😎 Although, again, I worry that it sounds too much like a place for off-topic discussions, but I'm open to feedback on that.
Myth

May 22, 2004, 5:48 PM
"Shop Talk"?

"Break Room"?

"Reps Rant"?
theDMan

May 22, 2004, 6:00 PM
I like Shop Talk personally, it signifies waht this forum is about, the people of the wireless industry discussing the issues that concern them, somewhere where we can have discussions "offline" and out of the public eye so to speak.
Myth

May 23, 2004, 3:54 PM
theDMan said:
I like Shop Talk personally

Thanks.

"Pay No Attention to the Rep Behind the Curtain" seemed a bit long.

BTW, Rich, I like the new name for this forum. I'm hoping to see fewer requests for carrier-specific info, and fewer embarrassed pauses as people figure out whose turn it is to patiently explain THIS time.
Rich Brome

May 28, 2004, 2:55 PM
Shop Talk it is! 😁
Myth

May 29, 2004, 12:33 PM
Rich Brome said:
Shop Talk it is! 😁

Cool!

Do I win something? (A Treo would be nice...)

If not, I'll just have to live on the notoriety of it all.
Rich Brome

May 29, 2004, 1:23 PM
'fraid not. Notoriety is all I have to give.
Myth

May 29, 2004, 5:23 PM
Rich Brome said:
'fraid not. Notoriety is all I have to give.

Guess I'd better not quit my day job, then. Maybe next time.
theDMan

May 30, 2004, 1:20 AM
Yeah, mee too, I guess being the guy to come up with the idea for the forum in the first place is enough to be proud of anyways.
Myth

May 30, 2004, 5:04 PM
theDMan said:
Yeah, mee too, I guess being the guy to come up with the idea for the forum in the first place is enough to be proud of anyways.

I think we better count on the pride, rather than relying on the notoriety.

Otherwise, I can see us touring the county fairs in 5 years, trying to make a buck or two from our fleeting moment of fame.

Good work, DMan. That was a great idea for a forum. I'm proud to have been able to contribute even such a small thing as a name.

🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.