Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

A place for Macromedia?

tdog

May 17, 2004, 3:23 PM
I am starting to develop flash shockwave apps for mobile devices. Would it be apropriate to include a macromedia section in the forum simmilar to Brew and Java, as well as a field in the database for phones with flash capabilty?
Rich Brome

May 17, 2004, 5:08 PM
Interesting. I know Macromedia has a plug-in available for Windows Mobile, but I wasn't aware of any devices (outside of Japan) that ship with Flash built-in...
tdog

May 17, 2004, 6:50 PM
Currently they claim to support the following:

Nokia: 7650/3650/6600/n-gage
SonyEricsson: p800/p900
SPV: FR/UK/E100/E200
Siemens: sx1 and the dopod 515

they also claim to run on mobile PCs such as the sony clie series as well as some motorolas.

You're correct about Japan. They're first deal was with docomo I believe for the i-mobile phones. My hope is that more companies will begin to build macromedia support into the phone. I'm also lead to believe, however, that potentially a Brew plug-in could be created to run flash movies.

I'm really not a big fan of Java and I also prefer to work on a mac which does not have a mobile devices development kit for either Java or Brew.

I would love to be able to follow the growth of ma...
(continues)
Rich Brome

May 20, 2004, 3:33 PM
tdog said:
Currently they claim to support the following:

Nokia: 7650/3650/6600/n-gage
SonyEricsson: p800/p900
SPV: FR/UK/E100/E200
Siemens: sx1 and the dopod 515

Really? On their site:

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/devices/ »

... the only phones they talk about are the Motorola A920, Nokia 9210/9290, iMode phones, and Pocket PC (Phone Edition).

Where can one download Flash Player for Smartphone and Series 60? 😕
tdog

May 20, 2004, 3:40 PM
Hmm, I haven't tested actually playing on a device yet. I took that list from the phone templates they offer with MX pro so I just assumed it was supported. I'll try and do a little more digging.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.