Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Rich - Why no connection cards?

dougcohen10

Apr 12, 2004, 8:03 PM
I have been coming to this site for information for a few months now - it's awesome. If I have one major complaint however it is that you don't include any information on PC connection cards. You cannot be in this industry without selling these. All of the carriers sell them and the industry is moving more and more toward data applications to go with the voice applications just like telecom went from providing local and long distance to data solutions. Where can I go for information on cards for comparisons, news, reviews, etc.?
Rich Brome

Apr 12, 2004, 8:50 PM
A few reasons. Mostly just not much demand. I think you're the only person who's ever asked, honestly.

I use data cards myself, but there's really not much to them. They just need to work, you know? 😉 With most carriers only offering one, or two choices at the most, it seems pretty straightforward. I'm not even sure what I would list - it would be a short page!

But in general, I try to stay focused on phones. There are other much more phone-like things I've opted not to cover before, like the Tunsten W. If you can't hold it to your ear, is it really a "phone"?

So I try to go by a strict definition, to keep things simple and under control. With so many different types of devices out there, it could get out of control quickly. Ne...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.