phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 14 replies

April Fools 2004

Rich Brome

Apr 1, 2004, 5:14 AM
😈

So what did you think? 🙂

A very special thanks to all the 😎 folks at Kyocera, BTW. I've always wanted to do something like that! 😁
SLBlay

Apr 1, 2004, 7:02 AM
🤣 I liked it!
Great you got Kyocera to join in!
First I thought the Mars thing was just a dig at Motorola (they deserve it!).
The Samsung TiVo phone made it obvious I'd been "HAD" 😁
filabeaner

Apr 1, 2004, 9:11 AM
You get me every year Rich. For like three years now, i've come to this site. And for three years, you've gotten me on april fools. It was the mars story that reminded me it is april fools.

Thanks,

Ryan
Username

Apr 1, 2004, 9:58 AM
For a second I thought I was in the Twilight Zone. Pretty funny stuff! You had me fooled!

Great job!
ripley

Apr 1, 2004, 4:17 PM
good one! i was like WTF???
Rich Brome

Apr 1, 2004, 5:18 PM
Thanks! 🙂
Rich Brome

Apr 1, 2004, 5:18 PM
🤣 Awesome. Ah, the memories... 😉

In past years, I remember a few people actually debating whether or not it was a joke. That always surprised me, because the goal was just to have fun and be funny, not so much to trick people. That's why I added the special " 😛 April Fools!" page this year.

Man... I can't believe I've been doing this long enough for this to be a 3rd annual event 😳 It feels like I started this just the other day, but I guess time flies when you're having fun! 🙂
GeeGee

Apr 1, 2004, 9:59 AM
🤣 real cute. YOU GOT ME.
GBean

Apr 1, 2004, 2:39 PM
I Knew it was a joke.
But I wouldn't put it past Nokia to come up with some crap like that.
coziamnumber1

Apr 1, 2004, 6:37 PM
the samsung is free after rebate at the tmobile store in columbia mall in maryland. 🤣
canadianguy

Apr 1, 2004, 8:39 PM
lol yeah i have to admit they were good!
diginixy

Apr 1, 2004, 11:55 PM
When I first saw it, I knew it had to be some kind of hoax, but I didn't even think about Apr Fools. When I clicked the link it was absolutely hilarious!!!!
Big Daddy

Apr 2, 2004, 10:19 PM
Ok I really feel lost... what happened?
filabeaner

Apr 3, 2004, 10:33 AM
every year on april 1st, rich posts fake news stories on the home page. they are usually pretty outrageous. one of them this year was stating that motorola phones had been discovered by NASA on mars. rich also removes them all the next day so you missed out.

ryan
Rich Brome

Apr 3, 2004, 1:25 PM
😲 You mean you went a whole day without checking the Phone Scoop front page?? What was it like? How did you survive?? Well, there were incredible, amazing things there for one day only, but you missed it, so tough luck. 👿

...a belated April Fool's to you! 😉 I'm kidding, of course. The front page is back to "normal", but I've archived the April 1st "news" here:

https://www.phonescoop.com/2004_04_01.php »

😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.