Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 19 replies

DEAR OVERZEALOUS MODERATORS

cainthecavebear

Feb 27, 2015, 6:07 AM
Outside of communist China, the word "dingleberry" is not now nor has it ever been a censorable word. Please do your best to promote a free exchange of ideas outside of your own preconceived notion of morality. If my kid's kindergarten teacher doesn't censor the word, you probably shouldn't either.
Drunk

Feb 27, 2015, 7:01 PM
I don't know what their deal is as of late. I commented on an AT&T article and voiced how much I dislike them (AT&T) and wish they wouldn't do what they have been doing for Net Neutrality.

If they want to delete comments they don't like then why even make this site public? This site should only be accessible through the North Korean government's Internet?

I said no bad words, I said nothing wrong.
cainthecavebear

Feb 28, 2015, 3:54 PM
You probably offended their political beliefs which is what I believe led to them deleting my comment.
Rich Brome

Mar 10, 2015, 8:12 PM
I couldn't care less about the political beliefs of anyone here. This site is about phones. I care that we discuss phones and do it in a civilized way so that everyone feels welcome and respected.
RingsOfSaturn

Mar 11, 2015, 2:18 PM
Bull. You could care less about forum users feeling welcome and respected. If this were the case you wouldn't let your resident Chief Troll run rough shod all over your forum attacking anyone who doesn't agree with him...or you.

Speaking of respect: How cowardly is it to reply to someone you banned? That is the exact same thing your lil buddy Zpike did...waited til I was banned then ran his mouth.

Just so there is no mistake here...your actions are despicable. How many DOZENS of times did I ask you for help dealing with him? I would sent a request where Zpike would use profanity, insults and personal attacks against me such as calling me a "liar, psychopath, uneducated, fruity, delusional" and many others which I won't repeat. Instead...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Mar 11, 2015, 3:17 PM
I honestly don't have the time nor mental bandwidth to keep track of everyone's beliefs or positions here. I look at individual messages and their language and tone. That's it. You can choose to not believe me, but that's the truth.

If I replied to someone I banned, I apologize. I didn't look at the username or status, just the content. Which is exactly the same way I moderate.

You're using words like "retarded", "lame", and "creep" in reference to another specific user. That's inappropriate. That's why you were banned.

Bans are permanent, and they're on people, not arbitrary account names.

These other users you referred to have not been allowed to say just anything. There have been plenty of moderation actions against other ...
(continues)
Zpike

Mar 19, 2015, 10:57 AM
It is YOU who stalked me. Your first account was banned. And when you reappeared as cainthecavebear and started stalking and harassing me, I started submitting your posts to phonescoop. Your behavior is well documented.

Furthermore, I never demanded you debate me. I challenged statements you made as you berated others on the forums. You're not entitled to say whatever you want and never be challenged. Yes, out of exasperation, I did insult you from time to time. And many of my posts were taken down. I'm ok with that. But there is a reason you were banned and I was not. Perhaps you should examine yourself.

Next, I have never posted from any other account but this one. I was barely on this site when someone was supposedly impersonating ...
(continues)
IPbansarefunny

Mar 25, 2015, 5:34 PM
Everything you said here is a lie.
You're a real badass for claiming victory and "setting the record straight" by responding to someone you helped ban... The only way you win is by censoring your opposition. And still for the record, I am not now and have never been planethulk.
Zpike

Mar 26, 2015, 11:11 AM
>>Everything you said here is a lie.

The facts of the matter are all over this forum. Anyone can look at your behavior and see that it is exactly as I have described.

>>by responding to someone you helped ban...

You got yourself banned. Deal with it.

>>The only way you win is by censoring your opposition.

I didn't censor you. Phonescoop did because your behavior majorly crossed the line on their TOS. You knew very well what you were doing and continued anyway. You have only yourself to blame.

And quit playing the pious school boy. You have been on several rants about how unfair you thought it was that phonescoop wouldn't pull down each and every one of my posts which you complained about. What was that but an attempt to f...
(continues)
IPbansarefunny

Mar 26, 2015, 2:08 PM
Zpike said:
>>Everything you said here is a lie.

The facts of the matter are all over this forum. Anyone can look at your behavior and see that it is exactly as I have described.

The facts ARE all over this forum...including the dozens of insults and personal attacks still left in tact by the biased moderators.
Furthermore, not one single forum user agreed of your assessment of me and the evidence of your trollish behavior is all over this forum.

>>by responding to someone you helped ban...

You got yourself banned. Deal with it.

I take full responsibility for all of my actions. You never have. You never will. But it wasn't me constantly crying to the moderators wh...
(continues)
IPbansarefunny

Mar 26, 2015, 2:38 PM
Civilized behavior.
You nor the site owner has any right or power to decide how people defend themselves or respond to attacks. You attacked me several times unprovoked.
A person who attacks someone with a knife has no recourse when their victim blows their brains out. You shouldn't have attacked. Period. It doesn't matter if my RESPONSE to you was better or wittier or "vulgar". The fact is that YOU brought that on yourself when YOU attacked ME. It doesnt matter that this site is privately owned anymore than it matters if I was attacked on his front lawn. Legally and morally he would be responsible and culpable for allowing you to attack me and thwart my attempts to defend myself.
However...since these are just words I would like to poin...
(continues)
Zpike

Mar 27, 2015, 1:56 PM
>>You nor the site owner has any right or power to decide how people defend themselves or respond to attacks.

Hhahahaha! That's funny. So now, not only are you the pious school boy but you're also a victim in all this. You're actually pretending to be a victim in order to justify your actions and avoid criticism. Isn't that a liberal tactic? You are quite the interesting conservative.

>>You attacked me several times unprovoked.

That's an outright lie. You've done nothing but provoke me since you've been here. And it blew up in your face.

>>A person who attacks someone with a knife has no recourse when their victim blows their brains out.

The why are you here looking for recourse?

>>You shouldn't have attacked. Period.

(continues)
cradle

May 18, 2015, 2:37 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

where is the michael jackson with popcorn picture when you need it good lord will you two kiss and make up already jeesh its a online forum.... get some boxing gloves and fight already
RingsOfSaturn

Mar 11, 2015, 2:20 PM
So don't post articles about politically charged subjects unless you want spirited debate about them.
Rich Brome

Mar 10, 2015, 8:10 PM
It wasn't that it was negative against a specific company. It was that it was inflammatory. It was flaming. That's discouraged on pretty much every site I know of.
Drunk

Apr 22, 2015, 10:23 PM
That's trolling? I thought that was when you bait a person to get mad and argue with them. I was just venting my dislike of a company. It doesn't matter either way. I don't want to be called a troll unless I earn it.
Drunk

Dec 16, 2015, 12:03 PM
Nothing I said was against the rules. Justify it however you want, it's your site. I would have accepted, "I don't like you" and been fine.
Rich Brome

Mar 10, 2015, 8:08 PM
It wasn't censoring a word we considered particularly dirty. As we explained in your private warning, was the fact that you resorted to name-calling.

If you call another reader a name, and it's at all negative, that's being uncivilized, and that's inappropriate here. It's not the word; it's not the name. It's the fact that it was name-calling. Feel free to call someone an amazingly awesome son of a bitch, (if you mean it,) but negative name-calling is not allowed. Please try harder to be civilized and constructive. Thanks.
RingsOfSaturn

Mar 11, 2015, 2:32 PM
How can someone you banned "try to be constructive"?
Furthermore, if it doesn't matter WHAT the insult was, why did you use the words I used as a justification for banning me? I can post the email where you said his insults to me weren't that bad but mine were over the top...and yet HERE you state it doesn't matter because personal attacks are treated the same. Care to justify your duplicity ?
Rich Brome

Mar 11, 2015, 3:20 PM
When we make a decision to ban someone, it's based on history. It's based on the severity, number, and frequency of infractions, and whether the person has complied with warnings. Anyone who repeatedly does the same things after being warned repeatedly not to do those exact things, will be banned.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.