Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Phone spec question. . .

Jayshmay

Jan 26, 2014, 6:43 PM
I was looking at the specs on the T-Mobile Sony Z1s, and the supported frequencies, 700mhz is listed. Does that phone really support the 700 band? I know Tmo aquired some 700mhz licenses from Verizon, but I also heard that deal hasn't closed yet.

Is it true the deal STILL hasn't closed?

I intend on getting the Galaxy S5 when it comes out, and I would like it to be future-proof, and have the 700mhz Band 12 support, I am hoping it will.
Rich Brome

Jan 30, 2014, 7:44 PM
Most T-Mobile 4G phones now have both LTE 700 and 1700. It's been that way for some time. Like most other T-Mobile phones, the Z1s supports band 17, which offers the possibility of LTE roaming with AT&T.
Jayshmay

Jan 31, 2014, 2:15 AM
But the 700mhz that T-Mobile got from Verizon is band 12, your saying this supports band 17 (ATT)?

Also, as far as you know, is it true that deal between Verizon and T-Mobile for the 700mhz still hasn't been approved by the FCC?
Rich Brome

Jan 31, 2014, 9:25 AM
Whoa. Slow down. 😉 They just agreed to that sale earlier this month.

I don't believe the FCC has approved it yet, no.

But regardless, these things take time. It will be at least six months before we see any T-Mobile phones that support band 12. It may take until the end of the year for that to become standard on their new phones. It will probably be the end of the year before they have any of that spectrum deployed on their network.
Jayshmay

Jan 31, 2014, 9:27 AM
A not recently ago? I didn't realize it was that recently.
Rich Brome

Jan 31, 2014, 9:25 AM
Jayshmay said:
your saying this supports band 17 (ATT)?

Yes, like all recent T-Mobile phones.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.