printed December 20, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=1&fi=3270063

Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

Back to message list

Battery Life

by Riot Jr.    Nov 1, 2013, 7:18 PM

What's a normal day of use for you guys?

I've had a few smartphones over the last 2 years and most handset's I've had, have barely made it through 10-12 hours of moderate use.

This is the configuration that I use:
Auto brightness, bluetooth radio off, wifi off, HSPA data on, no LTE, GPS off.

Apps that I have installed and are often pulling data from the network.
Gmail, Skype, Google Hangouts, Whatsapp, Line, Facebook Messenger (I've disabled Facebook notifications), Twitter.

I check my phone a few times during the days and chat a little bit, no more than 5 minutes each time and no more than 7-10 times between 6AM and 4PM.
I don't stream music or use online radio, I rarely watch videos online, but I often use the built in music player to listen to the music files stored in my sd card. No more than about one hour a day (when I'm heading to my workplace or taking a long bus trip)
I rarely take pictures and when I do so, I do it during the day.

Most phones die before 7pm, forget about the time I go to bed. Actually, all of them but my ol RAZR MAXX HD.

What I do to keep a regular smartphone alive through the day is to turn off the "data" services and just turning them on during my breaks.

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.