Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Post Editin

pjcforpres2020

Dec 18, 2012, 3:51 PM
Looks good! Like the ability to see the post prior to editing and post editing by clicking on the edited link.
Haggard

Dec 18, 2012, 3:54 PM
Personally, I think the edit button should be next to the name (the gray portion of the post instead of where the text goes). Still a nice addition that most forums have.
Haggard

Dec 27, 2012, 11:42 AM
Strange enough, the edit button doesn't show up on the message above. Will see if the edit button is on this post.

Edit: edit button is here.
Rich Brome

Dec 27, 2012, 12:47 PM
There are limits on both time and number of edits. You can only edit a few times, and only within three hours of the original post.
Haggard

Dec 27, 2012, 12:51 PM
Ah okay, makes sense then. Thanks!
Eee_err Eee_err

Dec 18, 2012, 4:05 PM
Report something that had been edited?

If you say something bad and then edit it so it's good, could you still get a warning?
Rich Brome

Dec 18, 2012, 4:19 PM
That's a great question.

Yes. You're responsible for everything you say, including all edits of a message. Therefore, saying something bad and then changing it does not make it okay.

The editing function is intended to let people fix typos. At most, you can use it to clarify your wording.

Using it to change the meaning of what you said is discouraged, and in some cases may be a new kind of offense that will get you into trouble.
Jiangshu

Dec 18, 2012, 4:21 PM
Rich Brome said:
Using it to change the meaning of what you said is discouraged, and in some cases may be a new kind of offense that will get you into trouble.

Seems like this is going to keep you busy. I like the idea of being able to make minor changes to your post, but fear this could end up wildly abused. I like speedy's suggestion of an in post reference to edited material.
speedywalk

Dec 18, 2012, 4:10 PM
might be to at least show the portion that was edited somehow such as underscores since that's not an option for original posting!

Other than that, I LOVE it!
speedywalk

Dec 18, 2012, 4:17 PM
so the link showing a post was edited takes you to the poster's message history, but will it ALWAYS show the edited/original post on top?

Disregard, it's always on top!

I love this!
Rich Brome

Dec 18, 2012, 4:20 PM
...will it ALWAYS show the [original] post on top?

Yes.
speedywalk

Dec 18, 2012, 4:43 PM
then disregard my previous post!

WAIT!

i'll EDIT it!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.