Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

New Phone Compare Features

Rich Brome

Jul 24, 2012, 8:27 PM
We've upgraded our side-by-side phone comparison tools.

The big new feature is side-by-side phone size comparisons. You can put up to five phones side-by-side and see which ones are bigger, thinner, etc. It's to scale and includes front and side views for the vast majority of phones.

Also, the whole Compare interface is now much simpler and easier to use. We've eliminated the separate page for building a list of phones to compare. Now you simply go the Compare page and start adding phones.

Finally, you can now easily re-arrange the phones being compared, if you want to see them in a different order.

Please let us know what you think. We'd love to hear your feedback.
Captain Ahash

Jul 26, 2012, 4:32 PM
That is neat. Maybe a phone vs. playing cards or some other familiar object would be good as well.
Rich Brome

Jul 26, 2012, 4:39 PM
... Maybe a phone vs. playing cards or some other familiar object would be good as well.

I considered that. I know some other sites do that.

I'm not convinced that's truly useful. Why not just compare phone X against an iPhone? (Everyone's seen an iPhone and know how big that is, right?) Maybe that's just me.

I appreciate the feedback, though. If we added that, you think you'd use it?
Captain Ahash

Jul 26, 2012, 6:05 PM
I myself proably wouldn't simply because I'm familiar with the screen sizes from experience anyways.

I've never actually thought about the usefulness of the feature, but I definitely see what you mean. Especially with as comprehensive as your list is, it would be even more useful for them to just find their current phone to stack up.
Rich Brome

Jul 28, 2012, 12:37 PM
Good points.

I've added screen size to that page, and added a little tip nudging people to use their old phone for comparison. 🙂
Rich Brome

Jul 28, 2012, 12:40 PM
I've also added an "add from recent" option, so you can easily compare phones you've been looking at throughout the site with just a click or two.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.