Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Censorship question

Rectiphobe

May 21, 2012, 5:43 PM
Can one post comments that are offensive to a large portion of the population, but which are not directed to any individual here?

This has mostly to do with sensitive issues, such as abortion and Trayvon Martin (obviously, this is Lounge-specific).

It seems a few users have been warned/banned for making offensive posts, and I disagree with that type of moderation. I think things like personal insults and profanity should be removed if they must; comments that are risque or taboo should not.

It is impossible to appease everybody; somebody will always be offended by something. Perhaps your philosophy is that if somebody reports something, you must take action. What I would do is simply ban those who abuse the "Report to Moderator" b...
(continues)
kissesssss

May 21, 2012, 9:14 PM
like Ragequit, sophistry, and jobes? I know what you mean man.
Rectiphobe

May 22, 2012, 1:15 PM
I was referencing, among others, you.
Rectiphobe

May 22, 2012, 1:15 PM
I'm sure Rich will read them when he has time.

๐Ÿ˜‰
Lay-Z

May 22, 2012, 8:31 AM
I will make a comment here...the times I have received warning were solely based on specific words/phrases directed at a specific individual. On 98% of those warning, I felt the warning was a response by VERY thin skinned individuals seeking a personal vendetta.

That being said, the TOU are pretty clear, and the mods do control the content, so I have to abide by those terms.
AfterScoop

May 22, 2012, 10:42 PM
go easy there, shieet lips
Rich Brome

May 22, 2012, 5:24 PM
We take it on a case-by-case basis.

We generally allow controversial topics, but there are myriad ways such conversations can "cross the line". (Racism, trolling, etc.) In general, you're taking a risk when you post about such topics.

When in doubt, it's best to avoid controversial topics. If you must start or join such conversations, please take extra care to be sensitive to others' feelings and opinions.

(The following is to everyone๐Ÿ™‚

If you enjoy such conversations, ask yourself if you just enjoy pushing other people's buttons. If so, that's trolling, and it's a quick path to being banned.
Rectiphobe

May 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
Sounds fair enough. I'll just have to break my addiction to trolling. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜›
Haggard

May 23, 2012, 2:10 PM
*20 minutes later...trolling starts up because of boredom.* ๐Ÿ˜›
Captain Ahash

May 23, 2012, 4:37 PM
Unpossible!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.