Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 21 replies

which politics are ok for me to talk about?

Mossberg

Mar 3, 2012, 10:20 AM
I see political threads all the time that could be construed as trolling to the other side of the political spectrum. I have seen threads that attack people who believe in a higher power, and these threads don't get deleted/closed. Is this because one side of the political spectrum is more likely to complain about it? (wouldnt be surprised). I'm sure you don't intentionally allow one side to say their piece and then close the other side's. The TOU say to behave and not be a jerk. I got a warning for "trolling", and I was discussing a political subject, in wich I feel strongly about, and was only following suit with the pace of the liberal posters. Most politics are going to stir emotions.

Not asking for special treatment. I am o...
(continues)
Steve Jobes

Mar 3, 2012, 12:30 PM
occurs at an alarming rate on this place. Like you said, it seems to be tolerated. ๐Ÿ™„

I guess it's "cool" to hate God and kill babies.
0rionsVantage

Mar 3, 2012, 12:51 PM
is a situation that cannot apply. If Rich would to ban people for committing blasphemy then he would essentially be aligning this website with the Christians (or whatever religion that was being blasphemed). He's stated several times that this is and should be a website of neutrality in the interest of technology.

The term killing babies is just a supercharged statement designed to invoke severe emotional responses instead of civil discourse.

I have zero idea why the Breibart thread is up though when the Job thread was taken down rather quickly.
Rich Brome

Mar 3, 2012, 7:25 PM
America is not a theocracy, and Phone Scoop is not a religious organization. If you require protection from any and all anti-religious statements, may I humbly suggest your local place of worship or your grandma's kitchen.

We do ask that everyone here be respectful, so language that is generally insulting or offensive is prohibited. But "blasphemy" is relative to your religion. So we also ask that everyone respects the religious diversity of our community.
Massively

Mar 3, 2012, 7:39 PM
Thanks for reminding them ๐Ÿ˜
hobble

Mar 3, 2012, 7:51 PM
Will you be my boyfriend rich??
melrhodes

Mar 3, 2012, 7:53 PM
๐Ÿคจ
hobble

Mar 3, 2012, 7:54 PM
He's mine.
melrhodes

Mar 3, 2012, 8:08 PM
You may kiss him now ๐Ÿ˜•
Massively

Mar 3, 2012, 9:32 PM
HOBBLE, your a SHE? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Massively

Mar 3, 2012, 10:01 PM
***YOU'RE
melrhodes

Mar 4, 2012, 10:49 AM
he's a She-man
melrhodes

Mar 4, 2012, 11:08 AM
new name unknowingly generated ๐Ÿคฃ
ragequit

Mar 14, 2012, 11:28 PM
Cool story bro.
ragequit

Mar 14, 2012, 11:45 PM
LOLOLOLOL

Nice hypocrisy, bro.

Banhammer in 3...2...1...
ragequit

Mar 15, 2012, 9:05 AM
Don't drink and phonescoop.
Rich Brome

Mar 3, 2012, 7:19 PM
Yes, certain topics - like politics and religion - can be touchy for some people.

Therefore, if you choose to engage in such conversations, take extra care to be respectful of others' opinions and beliefs.

Not being respectful of others puts your message at risk of being moderated (deleted.) I can only do my best to be fair, unbiased, and consistent. There is a lot of gray area and it can be subjective. It's impossible for everyone here to agree 100% of the time on what's inappropriate. I use my best judgement, and that's all anyone in my position can do.
Mossberg

Mar 3, 2012, 7:39 PM
I will be mindful of my words. Sometimes I let total strangers get the best of me.
AfterScoop

Mar 13, 2012, 11:10 PM
meow
Quipbw

Mar 8, 2012, 1:59 PM
Need to Quit your whining.....!!!
Lay-Z

Mar 15, 2012, 5:47 PM
The Politics of Personal Destruction.

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.